Goat Sim 3 trailer uses footage from GTA 6 leak, causes Rockstar to continually try to take it down

sasdasdadsadsds.png

The latest Goat Simulator 3 trailer has taken a funny jab at Grand Theft Auto, but in the process has drawn the ire of Rockstar, who is now on a mission to scrub the video from the internet. In it, the Goat Sim devs spotlight one of the NPCs from their game. After a few minutes of gameplay footage from Goat Simulator 3, which showcases ragdoll effects, t-posing, and other amusing AI behavior that you'll be able to interact with as a goat, it cuts to the NPC making a tongue-in-cheek reference to GTA VI--specifically, the leaked footage from earlier this year. This NPC claims he has experience with wacky open-world physics, because he's a character from the early development GTA VI build, using the actual footage in the trailer.

What was meant to serve as a joke was apparently not funny at all to Rockstar and Take-Two, because not long after the trailer was uploaded, it was taken down, "in response to a report by the copyright owner". Reuploads of the trailer began to crop up, only to be copyright-claimed moments after. The Goat Simulator Twitter account replied to the video being removed with the Simpsons "I'm in danger" meme, but it's uncertain as to whether or not anything will come of the stunt.

:arrow: Source

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I love when people make wild claims and conveniently forget to quote what they found. Man if only forums and computers had a way of transcribing text found...

I'm curious mate what did this evil Hells Malice guy say. He sounds terrible!
He definitely wasn't merely stating age of consent in Japan is 12, like a decade ago probably.
Really you know better cuz I could never be fucked to go so far back to find a quote but given you didn't POST the quote I assume it's because you had to do next level extrapolation.

I feel so sorry for people like you lol. Just little balls of anger and insecurity. I can't even comprehend digging through a literal decade of someone's posts to try and find ANYTHING to use as a weapon. I must've really hurt your feelings with my post for you to spend hours pouring over my posts, rage building as you angrily skim every post i've ever made.
This is the funniest thing i've ever read.
City should lay off the goats milk 🐐 🥛. It's making him hallucinate.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Isn't parody fall into fair use?
but it wasn't parody
According to R*, they were trying to be 100% purely mean
They weren't trying to be funny, they were doing evil, just evil
That's why they want to take it down

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but it wasn't parody
According to R*, they were trying to be 100% purely mean
They weren't trying to be funny, they were doing evil, just evil
That's why they want to take it down
Fair use doesn't have to be parody. It just has to be criticism. It doesn't matter if they were "just doing it to be mean," because criticism is criticism. We think your npcs look stupid, mean or not, is criticism. There's not fair use clause that says "if the criticism was just done to be mean, it's not fair use anymore!!!" That's stupid. If that's actually what rock star thinks (which I don't believe they do), they're stupid.

Reactions: SylverReZ

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's when you see a publisher become a corporation. Publishers are people, corporations are investors that have little to no proximity with their target market.

Take Two are a bunch of investors that only seem to control the image, without understanding that players are actually pleased and welcome some light-hearted fun.

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wowee, way to take it in stride Rockstar.

Am I crazy thinking they've become progressively worse since the release of GTA5?

On a scale from 1 to assy, they're total ass. Boo. I'm telling my Mom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy