Googie's Sm4sh Mod Pack

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by googie, Jun 28, 2016.

1. BryanMartinez

BryanMartinez Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2012
    yeah i downloaded the main full pack and its not loading anything

2. Lordiego

Lordiego Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Great work Googie best mod pack i have found, waiting for the next update with even more skins!
    Waluigi crash the game btw.

3. googie
    OP

googie Leader of the Googie Gang

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Providence, RI
    Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

Can you give me some more details about Waluigi crashing the game? I haven't noticed any crashes with him, and I use him a lot... But if I can try to recreate the issue I can look into getting it fixed.

4. jc5504

jc5504 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2015
    United States
    I personally haven't gotten any crashes, but when I shield, his fist sticks out and gets huge. Is everyone getting this glitch?

5. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Providence, RI
    I think his arm bone is linked to a shield vertex. I get that glitch too. I wish he extended his middle finger when he did that, I'd leave that glitch in lol.

6. Kamek

Kamek Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2016
    Mexico
    Hi, it's me again.
    I was playing with this mod pack and I realized that some skins have problems with the metal form, then I made a small list of which skins have some kind of issue (Those are the only ones I found at the moment, I just looked at all the skins that changes the character model).

Red Texture: (They only have red color instead of metal, it does not affect the gameplay actually.)
    • Ness: Ninten Skins
    • Roy's Awakening Outfit
    • Villager: Isabelle Skins
    Invisible:
    • Captain Falcon: Waluigi
    • Olimar/Alph: Louie Skins (This makes his body invisible and his helmet turns to red texture.)
    Others:
    • Meta Knight (Edgy Skin): Makes the game crashes when he gets the metal form.
    • Ganondolf (Pikachu Skin): When he's turnet into metal form it show the pikachu model what you get KO'ed up to the screen.
    BTW, the skin of Super Sonic crashes the game when I do a smash attack.

7. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Providence, RI
    @Kamek Unfortunately, that's something I can't really fix. The designers of those individual mods would have to create metal models for them, and most people are too lazy to do that, or they don't care because they don't use items.

That said, in the past (since Brawl) metal models being included are not very common.

8. LordDakor

LordDakor Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2016
    The bug with the music pack has been fixed for the EU modpack. Here's the link for the updated version.

https://mega.nz/#!4FQ3CTCQ!6YG3bF8TlZ_pdPv1XsYkiN9poXUXsb-szx1BNNBrTzA

BrunceCamp likes this.
  9. Kamek

Kamek Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2016
    Mexico
    @googie I am sure that the red textures can be arranged with the script that was posted by @jc5504 previously. (I'm not sure if this also solves the another issues)

10. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Providence, RI
    Ah yes, unfortunately the script doesn't run on my Mac for some reason (not even on Parallels...)

I'm on vacation starting later tonight, and not getting back until after the weekend. After that, I'll be moving to Los Angeles so things will be a bit hectic for me... But once I've gotten moving all squared away, I'll be building a new computer that runs Windows exclusively, and get back into the full swing of things with the mod pack.

11. OctopusRift

OctopusRift GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"

Nov 19, 2014
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
  12. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Providence, RI
    Hey folks, heading back from my vacation. After dealing with the gorillion questions in my inboxes, I'll be getting to work on adding more stuff to the pack. First up will be a huge overhaul for Captain Falcon on Monday, followed by new skins for different characters throughout the week.

I pwned U! likes this.
  13. OctopusRift

OctopusRift GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"

Nov 19, 2014
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Can you also add the saints row lucina mod? Thanks!

14. LordDakor

LordDakor Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2016
    Hey Googie, how was the vacation?

15. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Providence, RI
    Saints Row Lucina? Never heard of it, but I'm already sold.

Pretty dope. Lots of wine. Visited a hot spring. Played a healthy amount of Monster Hunter. Also broke into an abandoned carnival after midnight to look for Pokemon with my girlfriend.

16. LordDakor

LordDakor Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2016
    Sounds like you had a blast ^_^ Did you catch any interesting Pokemon at the abandoned carnival?

17. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Providence, RI

Attached Files:

18. LordDakor

LordDakor Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2016
    Nice :yay: Chansey is one of the many Pokemon I still need to catch. It's a shame you can't get Azumarill yet.

19. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Providence, RI
    So there's good, bad, and unrelated news.

The bad first I suppose - the programs necessary to move forward with expanding this mod pack just aren't working on my Macbook. I've looked into it from several different ways, and it's just not a clean fix. I could progress with the mod pack, but things could get messy and sloppy real quick.

The good news - I have my new build figured out. It's plenty powerful enough to not only get right back to work on the mod pack, but also to make my own models, stages, ect. However, parts aren't all gonna get here for a few weeks, so that kinda sucks. In the meantime, progress is still happening, albeit it slowly. I'm getting new music put together, and plenty of new skins. BUT, in order to get everything TexID'd and clean, I gotta get that new computer set up.

The unrelated - I've got Monster Hunter Generations, so I have a fun distraction until I build my new rig. Also, I've been meaning to get back into competitive Sm4sh again, so if anyone is interested in playing either Sm4sh or MonHun, inbox me!

Tl;dr updates going slower than expected, but I'm working on fixing that. In the meantime, Monster Hunter.

20. HaizerGregar

HaizerGregar Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2015
    United States
    Connect to 3DS doesnt work for me. I get a black screen when i select 3DS on the main menu.