glare.gif

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Breith said:
TerraPhantm said:
Just wanted to note that putting the save from Desmume onto the retail cart works fine - glad I don't have to redo that whole tutorial!
Boarf, what's 2 hours lost in a life ? xD

Heh, but the tutorial part is so boring since i know how to do all that stuff
tongue.gif
. + I figure some European players might want to play on an emulator until the launch there

D

Deleted User

DarkPrinceKyuu said:
you can always jump into this one if you wanted, the story of the first two is pretty well explained. albiet at length, but it's good all the same
You sure? Should I at least finish the first one?

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brandonspikes said:
DarkPrinceKyuu said:
you can always jump into this one if you wanted, the story of the first two is pretty well explained. albiet at length, but it's good all the same
You sure? Should I at least finish the first one?
I'd play them just because they're excellent games. But they're not necessary to understand this game at all; Dark Dawn goes out of its way to explain how everything works

Rayster

Trophies
XP
Country
Well it's JRPG guys so text-based games likes this I think is decent. Especially if your into the story, though I can't memorize all places like the one in Angara.

Haha and it's nice to see the Golden Saga Book, it kind of remember the story in GS1 and 2.

Anyway I'm in Passaj, I got 3 Earth Djinni, 1 Mercury, 3 Mars, and 1 Jupiter. Am I missing some? Thanks!
biggrin.gif

D

Deleted User

Sterl500 said:
Okay, just got to the innards of the Craggy Peak Dungeon. What is really making me scratch my head is the fact that this one grip gear isn't turning in the Pot room. While I have successfully completed the Lion and Twins rooms. Anyone have some insight on what I have been doing wrong, or what I need to do now?

That area, sterl500, I'm not going to lie, it was incredibly frustrating at some points. There's one particular part, with this room full of gears... and you need to get a gear to rotate in the opposite direction so you can move on (you have to use the smash psyenergy on the very top most gear/jutting out from the north) to reverse the rotation of the gears. I HATED that dungeon so much, (though, I'm not at all sure if we're talking about the same dungeon). Then that allows you to ride one of the higher (Well, in the main room with the giant gear (as the base) and all the clock-hands (so-to-say). So many puzzles one after another in some of these dungeons. I really wanted to freaking (well, you'll understand) I'm sure, since you have to open every single fucking door in the circle-room.

That said, this may prove somewhat helpful (if you haven't gotten to the roc yet). CODEhttp://faqs.ign.com/articles/113/1136061p1.html
Most everything past a certain point is fairly easy, up to Belinsks, the opera house there, (great place to level... monster encounters were giving me 3000-4000 exp per battle). I'm happy otherwise to note that there's a gbatemp cheat to walk through walls, that makes me most happy. May I ask that someone provide a direct link to this file/cheat.dat archive? Ah. It's the OFFICIAL 28_11_10_USRCHEAT.DAT.zip file that has the Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Cheats. Cool. Hopefully we'll be able to turn it walk through walls off and on.

What's somewhat confusing is all the names of the Djinn, probably best to wait for a US-Walkthrough before back-tracking and looking for all the djinn. (So you have an accurate idea of what Djinn you actually have (US names) and not Japanese-English Derivatives or Katakana translations. Glad there's a walk-through-walls cheat, there are some really obscure Djinn puzzles later on. Guess I'll just start from the beginning. the walk through everything cheat works perfectly.

There's ONE Djinn in Belinsk (there's an event in Belinsk) that you must get PRIOR to leaving. The walk-through-walls cheat won't work because of the way in which the game is coded, (it doesn't allow you to leave) (and if you've already left, and just entered into the city you're locked inside for all eternity. Glad I made an extra save.

Siveria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
regnad said:
Aaaaah!

Please somebody make a patch for this!

Please please please please!

Yeah it needs a AP Patch, I was told to delete my save off my SD card then start a new one to stop the dim dragon, it worked for a while but once I hit carvers camp it started up again this time when I tried to use whirlwind to clear an obsticle. Seems a AP patch is needed because it must detect its on a flashkart or something then flags the save file.

Rayster

Trophies
XP
Country
I2aven's_Sage said:
There's ONE Djinn in Belinsk (there's an event in Belinsk) that you must get PRIOR to leaving. The walk-through-walls cheat won't work because of the way in which the game is coded, (it doesn't allow you to leave) (and if you've already left, and just entered into the city you're locked inside for all eternity. Glad I made an extra save.

This is the one I'm afraid of. Losing such Djinni after leaving such cities because of the story etc.

I'm still in Passaj, I'll explore the place later. I think in Kaocho there's 2 Djinn, a Mars and an Earth. But for now I can't get them They are across the river.

And also I saw this Jupiter Djinn back in Goroda something (not sure about the spelling) with those Wind Blossoms, but I don't know how to get it.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am still not able to make it work in DeSmuME or No$Zoomer,

DeSmuME
-Sound is static+messed up
-Laggs and really slow

No$Zoomer
-Sound is static

Help please?

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
loving the game, the text isn't long at all o.O (would you start hating on phoenix wright due to the text? no you wouldn't, so why this?)
they've covered the info about the past quite well (i never got around to finishing the 2nd game).
they've done a good job at reviving the series~
happy.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
There's ONE Djinn in Belinsk (there's an event in Belinsk) that you must get PRIOR to leaving.
Actually there were two in that town, not counting inside the tower.
One by climbing the ladder in the house, and another behind a bookshelf in a basement.

Worrying about missing Djinn is the stupidest non-problem going around right now. There are literally tons of them infesting every corner of the game. Every time you visit a new place, you pick up one or two like postcards. When you recruit a new character, they come complete with several literally dumped into your party. Most of them are redundant so you're just not missing anything.

D

Deleted User

haddad said:
I am still not able to make it work in DeSmuME or No$Zoomer,

DeSmuME
-Sound is static+messed up
-Laggs and really slow

No$Zoomer
-Sound is static

Help please?

Look back a page or two next time before making a post. There were some settings that someone posted about getting the sound working on DeSmuME. Of course, if I remember correctly DeSmuME is more computer intensive than No$GBA, but it boasts more features, so it's probably better that way anyhow, plus it's still being actively developed.

@Dib, Ah yes, there was one in the tower. Yeah, this game is a Djinn Infestation, it's like you're playing Golden Sun Tower Defense. It's kind of outrageous, especially since back tracking is such a pain in the ass. Yeah, I left my ship/boat @ Champa, and I just returned to the beginning using the walk through walls hack. Will probably give the game a full berth (looking for Djinn) soon. Be careful with the walk through walls hack everyone, you can find some chests that you're really not supposed to find, like how I found that Murasame a post or two back. I don't have it anymore because of how Belinsk is, but still, you get the point. The most useful cheats in the cheat database for those who just want to enjoy the game are probably... The walk through walls cheat, and the running (2X and 3X speed).

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/960545-golden-sun-dark-dawn/faqs/61205
Djinn Guide ~ GameFAQ's

@iMasaru, it really depends how far you are into the game. When I was leaving Belinsk it took me about 5-15 minutes of scrolling through text the first time. Of course, I was reading into the story, but still, it's a lot of text. No one's saying that it isn't enjoyable (if you're interested in the Golden Sun lore), but it's a lot of text none the less and it's easy to see why people would be irritated.

@Rayster, about the Jupiter Djinn, well. It's a Jupiter Djinn, but still, you can use WhirlWind on the blossoms and they'll fly up and act as stepping stools to get to previously inaccessible cliffs, ledges and just overall areas that you're unable to get to otherwise.

One thing that I just noticed is that all 3 SAV files are incorporated into one single save file on the flash-card. So, that makes making "save-points" a wee bit tricky. (Especially for purposes of backtracking). Luckily, the walk-through walls cheat works fine in going past/through the cave where they blasted a rockslide to seal the entrance, (possibly could have exploited this with smash too.).

For perspective, I have 11 Venus Djinn, 13 Mercury Djinn, 12 Mars Djinn and 14 Jupiter Djinn so far ~ (11+13=24) + (12+14=26) = 50 Djinn. Of course, I'm about 20 hours into the game. (level 30-33). Class wise it's really irritating, because, for those of you not familiar with the game if you mix & match djinn (better to do at end-game) you end up with irritating HP deficiencies and so on. Basically, it's best for balance-sake to just keep each character to their own personal elemental-affinity. Hoping the last Adept is either Venus or Jupiter affiliated (Earth or Wind).

Rayster

Trophies
XP
Country
I2aven's_Sage said:
@Rayster, about the Jupiter Djinn, well. It's a Jupiter Djinn, but still, you can use WhirlWind on the blossoms and they'll fly up and act as stepping stools to get to previously inaccessible cliffs, ledges and just overall areas that you're unable to get to otherwise.

One thing that I just noticed is that all 3 SAV files are incorporated into one single save file on the flash-card. So, that makes making "save-points" a wee bit tricky. (Especially for purposes of backtracking). Luckily, the walk-through walls cheat works fine in going past/through the cave where they blasted a rockslide to seal the entrance, (possibly could have exploited this with smash too.).

Yes I figure this out yesterday that's why I haven't got it, or maybe I forgot? Also in the same place in Patcher's Camp I got a Mercury Djinn Chill, it's just under a plant lol How did I miss these things. Btw it's Jupiter Gust, the Djinn I was talking about.

And I'm thankful with the latest usercheat, I was able to walk through walls and run faster.

From Passaj all the way to the Camp, lol eventhough I can't access the cave I still use the walk through walls cheats just to get the remaining Djinn. Annd now I'm contended. What's left are those Djinns in Kaocho.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As far as class deficiencies are concerned, the GBA games were the same way yet there were a few notable combinations in Golden Sun TLA that were worth checking out. You probably just have to experiment more with them until somebody produces a comprehensive list detailing everything. In fact you may recall that in the first game you had to cross fire with earth to access the grow spell, which was largely undocumented and used in only a few rare places.

The recruited adepts are the same makeup as your party and similar to GS2: two fire, two earth, etc. Which makes sense, and I'm just glad I don't have to use that glasses guy any more. Wish I could shut him up from the story, as well as the nagging girl and the furry. In fact, It would be nice if I could silence everybody but not-Garrett and the other guy so the rest of the story would be 'alright let's go do this' instead of twnty minutes and thirty pages of exposition every time somebody has an emotion.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
As far as class deficiencies are concerned, the GBA games were the same way yet there were a few notable combinations in Golden Sun TLA that were worth checking out. You probably just have to experiment more with them until somebody produces a comprehensive list detailing everything. In fact you may recall that in the first game you had to cross fire with earth to access the grow spell, which was largely undocumented and used in only a few rare places.

The recruited adepts are the same makeup as your party and similar to GS2: two fire, two earth, etc. Which makes sense, and I'm just glad I don't have to use that glasses guy any more. Wish I could shut him up from the story, as well as the nagging girl and the furry. In fact, It would be nice if I could silence everybody but not-Garrett and the other guy so the rest of the story would be 'alright let's go do this' instead of twnty minutes and thirty pages of exposition every time somebody has an emotion.
Hey, don't knock Karis until you try her... Err, never mind. I find most of the characters to be intriguing. Reif for an example, he's just as eccentric as the guy he hangs out with (Kraden). In fact, you can see a bit of the Parent's personality in each one of the descendants. This is mostly because as Adepts of the Post Golden Sun age, Psynergy as a whole is not fully accepted. The warriors of Vale are seen from two sides: One, they are seen as the warriors who saved the world, and the other side sees them as people who brought on so much destruction. So due to them not being fully accepted, you can see their parents in each one of them, because they are around them all the time. Also I think Amiti is the descendant of Piers..

@ Raven's Sage: Thanks for that explanation, but I progressed through that frustrating part after Urza's post about trying it from a different angle. there was another frustrating part in one of the goat rooms, but I decided to try the incite Psynergy. That worked out sweet.
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

8) Crystal Dragon (3 Venus + 2 Mercury)
Found in the opera house of Belinsk after defeating the monsters. So to Clarify, there are 2 Djinn in Belisk, and 2 Summon Tablets, the Crystal Dragon and the Eclipse Summon-Tablet (atop Luna Tower)

This is one is somewhat of a major spoiler (the fact that it exists). This is why I still have my Belinsk save, I'm confused about how you get it (and defeat the monsters @ the Opera house for that matter).

For now I'll just be content to figure out how to get the story rolling on my 3rd save. But this one is what holds my 2nd save in place... Bleh. My 2nd save is the key towards me really moving forward. What a pain in the butt. Well, I'll have to go out and get the guide at some point. I've got an essay to write this week, hopefully you'll all figure things out
tongue.gif

Edit: no, I just don't understand how to get to them on the stage? I mean, I picked up the *Other* summon tablet that's atop Luna Tower, but as far as getting this one, I'm at a bit of a loss because I can't figure out how to navigate the opera building to fight the -Right- Monsters? It's really annoying since this is the only summon-tablet (combined elemental summon) that's totally unique to Dark Dawn. I'm really not looking forward to listening to the whole Kraden-Eoleo-Briggs conversation to get on the ship & the ensuing conversation on the ship.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You defeat the opera monsters by hitting them until they die.

What were you expecting? Having to stand on one foot while you do it?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, there's a BUTT LOAD of talking to get through.

I just saved Tyrell, and now I'm back in the Cabin, but there's SOOOO much talking to get through.

And I don't mind talking in RPG's, I like it, but my god.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work