Homebrew Gensplus GX 1.5.0 Released

mark0217

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Um... My emulator looks nothing like the pic? It just looks like the old version... What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: nevermind, my old channel forwarder isn't working for some reason... Anyone care to make a forwarder channel? I've tried but can't make one to save my life
frown.gif

EDIT 2: nvm this again lol, found one floating on GBATemp amidst the dead links
smile.gif

Pikawil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
NahuelDS said:
which ".dol" I have to use with the HB channel? the one that comes in the apps folder right?
what about these two: genplus_cube.dol genplus_wii.dol ???
The apps folder is what you want for the HB channel.

QUOTEI've tried playing my gamegear games and they're displayed in funky colors and the controller doesn't work
There is only Master System support in this update, not Game Gear. You want SMSPlus for Game Gear for the time being.

c64sd4sd4sd4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to have separate copies/ channels of gensplus gx 1.5.0 within homebrew to operate as the genesis and mastersystem separately, so they use separate rom folders and 'remember' them?

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
c64sd4sd4sd4 said:
Is there any way to have separate copies/ channels of gensplus gx 1.5.0 within homebrew to operate as the genesis and mastersystem separately, so they use separate rom folders and 'remember' them?

I have my genesis games on my sd and sms on usb, and it seems to work good

c64sd4sd4sd4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drakorex said:
c64sd4sd4sd4 said:

I see, but is it possible to have separate gensplus on a single sd recognize and remember separate sms and gens roms folders respectively?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
c64sd4sd4sd4 said:
drakorex said:
c64sd4sd4sd4 said:

I see, but is it possible to have separate gensplus on a single sd recognize and remember separate sms and gens roms folders respectively?

i don't think so unless you fancied whipping up your own version of gens, but is it really nessiary to seperate the roms this way?

c64sd4sd4sd4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clarky said:
c64sd4sd4sd4 said:
drakorex said:
c64sd4sd4sd4 said:

i don't think so unless you fancied whipping up your own version of gens, but is it really nessiary to seperate the roms this way?

No, not absolutely necessary. I just like to have separate icons for each of the systems (shared emulators or not) merely for hbc presentation.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
dantemugiwara said:
I can,t configurate this emulator for all screen for master system, can you put the archive cfg?

Master System games never were fullscreen, I always got colored bars on my TV as far as I remember, i think it's because the resolution height was slightly smaller than Genesis games. You can force the display to be scaled vertically in video options menu but this won't look right , i once tried in smsplus gx and alex kidd was kinda too tall and too thin :-)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think sms games are supported in zip format.
Can anyone confirm?

Also the controls seen MUCH tighter in this version.
I've been using the gui version for some time now and I love it!

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
all my zipped .sms files works here... make sure you only have one ROM file per .zip file, I know I had some trouble with .zip coming from shady places that added some readme.html inside them

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, this emulator rocks. But I have a question, how is it possible? Was there a version of the genesis that could play master system games as well? Was there maybe an adapter or something that allowed it to play master system games? Or is it simply a case of great programming? And if so, could the same be done for the Super NES emulator and regular NES games?

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Genesis has most of the same hardware as a SMS, principally the Z80 chip which is the CPU in the latter and handles stereo sound separation (amongst other things) on the former. So if you emulate a Genesis correctly, you get most of the work of emulating a SMS for 'free'. (Yes, this is a gross over-simplification, but I think you get the point.)

(It should also be pointed out that the emu author, ekeeke, also wrote the SMS emu on Genesis (or at least ported it) so 'merging' it w/ the Genesis codebase was probably a pretty straightforward process. In fact, the lack of GG support is probably down to the fact that it's a bit more difficult to emulate a GG due to a number of hardware differences between it and the SMS, so it isn't as 'free' as SMS support.)

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
duffmmann said:
Ok, this emulator rocks. But I have a question, how is it possible? Was there a version of the genesis that could play master system games as well? Was there maybe an adapter or something that allowed it to play master system games? Or is it simply a case of great programming? And if so, could the same be done for the Super NES emulator and regular NES games?

yes there was an official sega adapter called the power base hope that answer your question

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hielkenator said:
I don't think sms games are supported in zip format.
Can anyone confirm?

Also the controls seen MUCH tighter in this version.
I've been using the gui version for some time now and I love it!

Yes it works I'm sorry, the last time GGX just crashed. Now it works fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.