• Replies 169
  • Likes 7

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I don't think so, the emulator is using whatever bios you have on your SD card, not one in particular. I always use the 2.00 bios , maybe there is an issue with other bios , I don't know? You should post an issue with the games + bios you have tried on the project github if you think this is a bug of the emulator.

EDIT: an idea, try loading the bios ROM as you do with Genesis ROMs and see if it works
mmmh, it give me black screen still, I'm booting through Wii U by the way, had to unplug the console, it did hard lock.

Last edited by OriginalHamster,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Okay, so for everyone using SVN builds would you recommend them over the latest stable if I'm wanting to do Sega CD stuff?
I use them all the time without problems. Just backup your last working version and the config folder, so you'll be sure it works with your games. I'm traveling right now so i can't test with my Sega CD games, but i don't think there will be any novelty with them.

mmmh, it give me black screen still, I'm booting through Wii U by the way, had to unplug the console, it did hard lock.
Just curious, what does that airline mod in your signature offers over vanilla build?

Last edited by niuus,

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
New update:

https://bitbucket.org/eke/genesis-plus-gx/commits/575c86e88451229d56fb1f713a002cda45f0e679

This fixes the problem we were having: The problem ended up being Vsync. If it was on, it produced this freezing issue. Turning it off before loading a Sega CD game would avoid that, so depending if you had that turned on or off some people would be stuck with a black screen or not.

In any case, Eke-Eke solved it with this last version. Thank you, Eke-Eke!

Reactions: cvskid

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm not very familiar with Sega systems (only owned a Master System as a kid, and got some VC on Wii), was the vsync option 'on' by default on the original system? If that so, it was only in Sega CD games, do they suffer screen tearing?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
VSYNC is an emulation feature (emulation is synchronized with Wii video hardware to prevent frame dropping once in a while) although you could say original hardware does "vsync" naturally i.e it does not drop any frame ever.

Curiously, I had it disabled in the emulator myself although I don't remember why (I assume it's better to always have it enabled, not sure why you would want it disabled), I guess that's why I did not have these issues with Sega CD games.

Last edited by Jacobeian,
Reactions: OriginalHamster

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Consoles back then worked a bit differently to consoles today. There were no 'dropped frames' because consoles simply rendered to the refresh rate of the monitor. That's why PAL 50Hz games literally run 17.5% slower rather than dropping frames. Vsync in emulators for classic consoles today is more about making the emulated game refresh match that of our monitor to avoid tearing.

Modern consoles are different because the game's framerate isn't directly tied to monitor refresh or game timings. They're more like PCs.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I kinda prefer the slowdown of older systems compared to the framerate drop that we have now.

I find it less jarring, and even if it's slowed down the movement is still somewhat fluid in comparison.

Of course, I would have none, but if I have to choose...

Last edited by Maeson, , Reason: Typos

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
i saw sometime ago this is now compatable with wii u pro controllers. yesterday fix94 managed to sort out some code so the fake controllers would work more better with nintendont (which i tested today and its great) i just wanted to know if it would be possible to have that added to this?

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
CanI suggest a option to hide some extensions in the file manager? Extensions not needed, as audio files, iso or bin for cd games

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

froggydarren

Trophies
XP
Country
Could anyone helpe figure out were to put all the bios files needed to enable them in settings (I.e TMSS Game gear bios Sk.bios ect)

Got it working in the end....

Last edited by froggydarren,

froggydarren

Trophies
XP
Country
Is at all possible someone patch the latest version to enable ustealth support as the only version I can find has the vsync bug that crash's when you try and run mega CD games :(

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

froggydarren

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by froggydarren,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm