The best Wii homebrew applications 2017

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by CoolKill3r, Mar 4, 2017.

1. CoolKill3r
    OP

CoolKill3r GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2009
    Totally one to not forget, thanks allot for mentioning it.

Added:

Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii
    Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii is a unofficial sequal mod to New Super Mario Bros. Wii adding a whole new campaign of 128 new levels and more.

As usual, if anyone knows any other apps/games, let me know.

Last edited by CoolKill3r, Sep 12, 2017
  2. CoolKill3r
    OP

Oct 12, 2009
    Added Wii-DOOM / Wii-HERETIC / Wii-HEXEN / Wii-STRIFE (2014 reports)

Replaced
    "DeSmuME Wii" link with "DeSmuME Wii (unofficial r253)" which allows a few more games to run propperly (but still pretty bad lol)

Replaced "WiiSX" with "WiiSXR" which is an unofficial update that adds USB 2.0 support and some more game fixes making multiple games run smoother. (and some other updates such as wiiU controller support ect)

Last edited by CoolKill3r, Sep 15, 2017
  3. poisonedbite

poisonedbite Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2015
    United States
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    You're missing GCIT, the gamecube iso tool. Its made by the wii backup manager guy, but its standalone and incredibly useful for trimming gamecube files, and putting the iso in a plug and play folder with the game code etc. No guesswork needed.

DarthDub likes this.
  4. IRNatman

IRNatman Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    United States
    Awesome list! If games count for this list, maybe you should add wiispace. Its looks are deceiving, it's a really well designed retro styled space shooter which is really fun and challenging, and supports up to four players. A great little gem imo. :)

CoolKill3r likes this.
  5. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Modifying GC images isn't really a good idea. There's no way to verify them to make sure they're good afterwards.

CoolKill3r likes this.
  6. CoolKill3r
    OP

Oct 12, 2009
    Replaced "Not64" with "wii64 beta 1.2-20171121" as wii64 recently got updated with an updated videoplugin that makes it run better then Not64, the download link forwards to a compiled version by FIX94

Replaced "RetroArch (latest)" with "RetroArch (v1.5.0)" as anything passed 1.5.0 seems to cause lag on multiple cores, mainly audio related issues, wii processing issue?

Last edited by CoolKill3r, Nov 21, 2017
  7. hug0-a7x

hug0-a7x GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2013
    Brazil
    Wii Linux

8. justinthegamer

justinthegamer Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2015
    United States
    Can't find an active download. error 404

9. Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2011
    United States
    One of my projects I have in mind is getting my Wii out and rehacking it with the latest stuff and this looks like a wicked cool updated one stop shop for all my needs and some things I didn't even know I needed but now I do!

Great post and thank you :)

rogerioronin likes this.
  10. hug0-a7x

hug0-a7x GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2013
    Brazil
    Wii linux. Is possible to start linux direct on game ? Exemple: install wii lunux and boot direct a game like Sonic 4 episode 1 e 2, Sonic Mania :v or other PC game

11. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Not that I know of. I don't think the Linux kernel can switch IOSes when it's running.

12. CoolKill3r
    OP

Oct 12, 2009
    Its my main goal with this topic, creating a definite best software set for your wii system in 2017.
    I fixed myself up with most of these, it feels very nice having a clean wii with the best of the best and latest ^^

Psionic Roshambo likes this.
  13. Gizametalman

Gizametalman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 18, 2015
    Mexico
    D.F. - Zona Cero.
    I KNEW I WASNT THE ONLY ONE HERING SOUNG ISSUES WITH THE NEWER RETROARCH VERSIONS.
    Though clicking on it doesn't work. I had to download this v1.5.0 from another site.

14. Xathya

Xathya is still the shill??

Aug 20, 2017
    Australia
    green hil zone
    the bestest is nitendont because i like gamecube games

15. Ambushbug0

Ambushbug0 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2017
    United States
    Do you have any links for channel forwarders or wads? Or can I use Retroarch for that? I want to run the emulators from the channel, not specific games.

16. Gizametalman

Dec 18, 2015
    Mexico
    D.F. - Zona Cero.
    @OP:
    DUDE! Update Retroarch to 1.6.9 as it works perfect without any Sound Issues.
    ALSO ADD THIS NOTE: "Updating RetroArch to newer version (1.6.9) and loading it on Regular Wii could lead to Black Screen. If that happens, delete original boot.dol and rename ONE CORE to "boot.dol" and place it on SD:Apps/retroarch-wii/ folder"

17. Gizametalman

Dec 18, 2015
    Mexico
    D.F. - Zona Cero.
    @OP:
    DUDE! Update Retroarch to 1.6.9 as it works perfect without any Sound Issues.
    ALSO ADD THIS NOTE: "Updating RetroArch to newer version (1.6.9) and loading it on Regular Wii could lead to Black Screen. If that happens, delete original boot.dol and rename ONE CORE to "boot.dol" and place it on SD:Apps/retroarch-wii/ folder"

18. Owenge

Owenge GBAtemp Regular

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    The Void
    Hmmmm, Thanks :creep:

19. ctrninja

ctrninja GBAtemp Regular

Jan 12, 2017
    United States
    Userland