Homebrew Official gc-to-vpad - replace the gamepad input with the gamecube adapter

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hopefully, at some point it can be compiled and hosted, as this is indeed a very excellent driver for games that use the adapter. Why Nintendo didn't add support for games like MK8, I'll never know lol.
you can use fix94 main page he has it hosted there when its up that is fix94.no-ip.org/wiiu

Reactions: the_randomizer

Ghork

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it only for in-game use or does it work in the menu? Would be super-cool to not even need the game-pad for starting games (like smash). I guess you can use pro controller to start the Wii U and the game but that still requires charged batteries

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is it only for in-game use or does it work in the menu? Would be super-cool to not even need the game-pad for starting games (like smash). I guess you can use pro controller to start the Wii U and the game but that still requires charged batteries
incase you didnt read for this to work gamepad must be on at all times still.

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, the thing is the code only executes when you actually start something so after installing it you need to run something like a game first. If you then though exit that game you have the controller working in the menu and all games afterwards, I will tackle that in a future commit though because I find that annoying as well :P

Ghork

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the thing is the code only executes when you actually start something so after installing it you need to run something like a game first. If you then though exit that game you have the controller working in the menu and all games afterwards, I will tackle that in a future commit though because I find that annoying as well :P
Ah I see. Too bad we don't have themes on the Wii U. Because then we could have had something like the theme exploit on the 3ds that automatically starts as the theme is loaded.
Assuming that would work out with this of course.

kardus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would this work in 5.4 when everything for that is released? Or would this need to be ported as well?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Would this work in 5.4 when everything for that is released? Or would this need to be ported as well?
porting would be required most likely since the offsets are hardcoded unless 5.3.2 and 5.4.0 offsets are exactly the same but i doubt it.

Kekskrümel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mario Maker also works fine.

Only Splatoon doesnt't work so far :/

Isn't it possible to release a Splatoon Version which write to another memory block, or does it only work with this one ?

Thx & Greetings

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Isn't it possible to release a Splatoon Version which write to another memory block, or does it only work with this one ?
the problem is that the splatoon fix completely disables writing possibilities so there is nothing I can do as of right now.

D

Deleted-353083

the problem is that the splatoon fix completely disables writing possibilities so there is nothing I can do as of right now.
Hey mate can you please check your pvt messages, i sent you one (well added to the last one i sent you a few months ago) a few days ago but you still aint replied. Be really appreciative if you could. Thanks.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I ran the kernel exploit, and then the GC one but it just told me I needed to run Ksploit first (which I did).
did you made sure it worked? lol if a black screen appears saying you need to enter system settings and exit then it didnt work.

kernel exploit is very unstable.

rufuszombot

Assassin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you made sure it worked? lol if a black screen appears saying you need to enter system settings and exit then it didnt work.

kernel exploit is very unstable.
I spoke too soon. I had run the kernel exploit ahead of time, I guess it just didn't take. I've used it before, it was just acting strange. It worked eventually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty I think it was a missed opportunity