Hardware CTGP-R and Gamecube Adapter

BallingCat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello :D I'm new to the CTGP-R mod, from my understanding, on Wii U, it lets you use the Smash Bros Gamecube adapter to connect your Gamecube controllers, but only the official one. I haven't really found any precise information on the internet about this, could someone confirm for me? They have told me to only use the smash bros adapter for WII U specifically as well, don't know if the Switch version is any different from the Wii U version.

If anyone confirm any of these as working on the mod for me I would greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The official adapter does indeed work with CTGP-R. HOWEVER, you must have it plugged into the console in the CTGP-R menu in order for it to be used. (A small message in the bottom right corner will say something like “USB GCN connected” or something along those lines.) The Switch version of the adapter should be the same internally as the Wii U one. The only difference is the Switch one has the Nintendo logo and the Wii U one has the Wii U logo. I would highly recommend an official adapter if you are looking to buy one because off brand ones don’t always play nice with some homebrew that use them, most notably Nintendont.

Also have fun with CTGP-R. It’s definitely one of the best MK experiences you can have.

Last edited by TheDerpyDolphin,

BallingCat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The official adapter does indeed work with CTGP-R. HOWEVER, you must have it plugged into the console in the CTGP-R menu in order for it to be used. (A small message in the bottom right corner will say something like “USB GCN connected” or something along those lines.) The Switch version of the adapter should be the same internally as the Wii U one. The only difference is the Switch one has the Nintendo logo and the Wii U one has the Wii U logo. I would highly recommend an official adapter if you are looking to buy one because off brand ones don’t always play nice with some homebrew that use them, most notably Nintendont.

Also have fun with CTGP-R. It’s definitely one of the best MK experiences you can have.
Hello again

I received the japanese switch adapter today and yes it does work, when I plug it in the CTGP channel I get the USB GC: ON message. I really don't care about nintendont because I rather use dolphin for GC games, but thank you anways

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol