Homebrew Official gc-to-vpad - replace the gamepad input with the gamecube adapter

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you first need to run normal kernel(not loadiine kernel or hbl kernel but the original kernel the first one) then run the gc to vpad. this was only made for 5.3.2 so if you are on 5.4.0 or some other fw it might not work.
Yeah, I ran the kernel exploit before running gc-to-vpad every time, but to no avail (on 5.3.2). But I found somewhere that hosts the old version, which works flawlessly, so I guess I just can't run the latest release for some reason.

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've found a way to get this application (at least somewhat) working with the newest build of loadiine gx2.
Run the HBL twice, load gx2 and switch to smash mode then pick your game. Exit out of miimaker, load up the browser and run the HBL ksploit once again, and then gc-to-vpad. When you load up Smash, the GameCube controller will be responding.
I would say it's flawless, but the few N64 games that I've tried work great until you press the analog stick 'up and right', which for some reason the system will see as 'down and left'.
Btw, this program should be more popular.
gc-to-vpad 5.4.0

Last edited by Zap Rowsdower,

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sadly I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who cares, but for anyone else who is cool enough to use this application with N64 VC, I found an easy way to fix the analog control. Whatever game you're playing with full 3d analog control, there needs to exist a setting in it's corresponding .ini in the content\config folder.

[Input]
StickLimit = 90

The thing is, this particular settings option only seems to have been added to the emulation somewhat recently, so you'll most likely need to swap out the RPX as well with a newer one that will recognize the config.

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Sadly I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who cares, but for anyone else who is cool enough to use this application with N64 VC, I found an easy way to fix the analog control. Whatever game you're playing with full 3d analog control, there needs to exist a setting in it's corresponding .ini in the content\config folder.

[Input]
StickLimit = 90

The thing is, this particular settings option only seems to have been added to the emulation somewhat recently, so you'll most likely need to swap out the RPX as well with a newer one that will recognize the config.

I have that problem, pushing up to the fully on left analog results with down, i think that is the issue you mention. What are some of the new games, also does [Input] tab exist in these games or should it be included manually? Any chance of a mini tutorial?

thanks.

EDIT: As you said, i found a newer N64 VC game, opened the relevant .ini file (the same named one with the rom) in content/config folder, added the

[Input]
StickLimit = 90

and voila, it works. I could never figure it out myself, thanks.

Last edited by reprep,

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country

[Input]
StickLimit = 90

Huge thanks for the stick solution :D

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

[Input]
StickLimit = 90

if you noticed i used that code long ago to fix buck bumble inject xD

D

Deleted User

I really like this! Are there any differences from this to HID-to-vpad?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does this require a computer to use?
There are some sites that host this. And HID-to-vpad works with 5.5.1 if this doesn't.

WiisleyU

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have the adapter, it works on 5.5.1? (I have Haxchi)
What I need to have, only the .elf on the wiiu/apps or there is more content like additional files or network needed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr