Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, it's in the root. I tested alpha 2 fix4 and had the same problem.
Btw, I don't know if this make a difference but I'm using YSMenu.
You can try to load it with the Homebrew Menu
Great work ichfly!!
BTW, what exactly does the patchkit do?
Do elaborate.
It contains some tools to make compatibility patches (.pat files) but as I sad the tut how to use this is not ready yet.

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I don't know how to use Homebrew Menu and I wanted to use the emulator with YSMenu like any other emulator..
The rev.40 version works fine here, so I don't understand why the newer versions don't.
you need to use hbmenu!
The hbmenu is specially modded for this emu (especially the newer versions!)

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know how to use Homebrew Menu and I wanted to use the emulator with YSMenu like any other emulator..
The rev.40 version works fine here, so I don't understand why the newer versions don't.
This is because it is lunched a different way to make it compatible with more games. if YSMenu supports argv (you can change the argv the emulator is started with) you can still lunch the loader files directly than it should work. An other way would be to update the dldi files.

Quget

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I tried the patch for Medabots rokushio version RPG I get lots of file stream exception errors using Start Abzeige.
Well it doesn't matter that much I guess I got a .pat file and used the "patch" option to patch it with the .pat file and the game gets a bios error :S

Anyone else with the same game can explain it to me? :P
And I don't need IPS cheat or HB data right?

Krakatau

Nintendo 3DS XL
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I like to know the Compatibilty Status of some games with the new Alpha 2 fix 4

Pokemon Emerald (E and U)
Pokemon Ruby (U)
Pokemon Fire Red (U)
Mega Man Battle Network 6

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Pokemon Ruby (U)
Pokemon Fire Red (U)
I've only tested Ruby (E) and Fire Red (U) [f1]. They both run the same. I'm pretty sure Emerald still fails.
Ruby (U) doesn't work, I believe.

Davi

~
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
daviandrade.com
XP
Country
Brazil
This is because it is lunched a different way to make it compatible with more games. if YSMenu supports argv (you can change the argv the emulator is started with) you can still lunch the loader files directly than it should work. An other way would be to update the dldi files.
I don't think YSMenu supports argv. And what do you mean by update the dldi files?

Warioss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Pokemon Ruby (U)
Pokemon Fire Red (U)

I've tested (with Alpha 2 fix 4)
•Pokemon Ruby (U)
•Pokemon Fire Red (U)
They both run well, there are the usual problems of graphic, while the saves are quite perfect.

@ichichfly : Will never be solved graphics problems?

P.S.: For graphics problems I mean that sometimes (when you walk ) the tileset jump .

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've tested (with Alpha 2 fix 4)
•Pokemon Ruby (U)
•Pokemon Fire Red (U)
They both run well, there are the usual problems of graphic, while the saves are quite perfect.

@ichichfly : Will never be solved graphics problems?

P.S.: For graphics problems I mean that sometimes (when you walk ) the tileset jump .

Try to change the Videosyncline(0 - 262) and load an sc Version

I'm using YSMenu as the firmware with the latest files. I have a R4 clone (R4 Advance).

Sorry I don't know this card. Most likely the dldi are not arm7 compatible.

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the TuT

Step 1:
Run the modified Version of VisualBoyAdvance.exe and run the game you want to patch. The modified VisualBoyAdvance.exe will now collect data while running the game.
Step 2:
Press the Capture Button(normally F12) the VisualBoyAdvance.exe will generate 2 Files (the results.ichfly is the important on)
Step 3:
Start WindowsFormsApplication1.exe and open the gba File and open the results.ichfly as IPS file
Step 4:
Enable Sp wechseln if there was no error while opening the gba file
Step 5:
Click on Start Anzeige
Step 6:
Check if the max PC is to high (the emulator can handle a max PC of about 8300000(hex Val) depending on some other settings in the rom)

Below is a list of found I/O and card accesses

first Val is the place where the instruction that accessed the I/O or card (you can ignore entrys that start with a Val below 2000000).
The second is the Address of the register that was accessed when this function was executed the first time (4XXXXXX = I/O 8000000 and greater = card).
The third is the number of times the instruction was executed.

The patcher is not yet full working only code that is placed in WRAM and only ARM code can be patched. (http://www.daftcode.net/gbatek/cpu#cpuoverview)

kein IRQ is needed if irqs are not disabled
wechsle stack is not working
sichere CPSR if the CPSR is needed to be stored (http://www.daftcode.net/gbatek/cpu#cpuflags)
Used 1 and 2 should always be set to a Register that is not used by the patched instruction
If the instruction is a load instruction it must be marked as zerstörbares Register if it is in the list.

setze pu nds <-- sets the CPU into nds mode at entering the patch (all instructions are executed as if they are nds code (faster)) (required if not already in this mode)
setze pu gba <-- sets the CPU into gba mode after the patch routine
Direct read offset <-- just copy the instruction and adds setze pu nds and/or setze pu gba

Last step create the patch as usual/you can use the hb file that sometimes also fix some bugs

normal.ccc emulates the HBirqs optimized for graphics (only works if the game is patched else the game gets graphic bugs by the lake of CPU or crush(of cause only is used if HBirqs are used (YA)))
half.ccc <-- only every second HBirq is executed
1by4.ccc etc <-- only every forth HBirq is executed
min.ccc only two HBirqs are executed
non.ccc no HBirqs are executed

Reactions: Coto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't forget your one a day