Hacking GATEWAY ULTRA v3.6.1 PUBLIC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mznova

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a thread, post, or wiki that explains how to find cheats? I can find basic stuff like inf hp, but I don't know how people make "all weapons" or "all items 99" codes in just a few lines. Also, are the hit addresses the same even after turning off the 3ds?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I tried your setup, but somehow it's kind of stuck in a loop of menuhax -> ctrbootmanager -> gateway logo on top screen -> menuhax again and it got stuck.
Re configured menuhax to boot default to sysNand (Type 1 instead of Type 2) It works, but only if I insert my red card after booting into gateway menu.

I think I have 2 problems here. One is that if I use Type 2 menuhax config (launch if booted without pressing buttons) then Gateway emunand will respect this too...?! I've formatted emunand on my sd card before setting up homebrew, did is this the right step?

Another problem is that if I leave the red card in the console when I launch the gateway homebrew option, it will just show a black screen and not boot into emunand.

Is there some way I can fix this? Or some other way of making the console boot automatically into emunand?

Thanks!
You need to unlink your NANDs. Format your sysNAND with the SD card removed.

Claros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello !
My sysnand is currently in 4.4E and I was wondering that if I want to have an autoboot to emunand, it would be possible to upgrade to 9.2 simply by installing all the required titles in .cia ? By using 3DSNUS or something like that.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello !
My sysnand is currently in 4.4E and I was wondering that if I want to have an autoboot to emunand, it would be possible to upgrade to 9.2 simply by installing all the required titles in .cia ? By using 3DSNUS or something like that.
Autoboot straight into emuNAND? What?

VeryCrushed

Devious Prorammer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello !
I haven't felt with upgrading through CIAs, but you can with games. Find a game with 9.2 http://www.3dsdb.com/

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello !
You have to use sysupdater in rxtools devMode or pasta mode. NOT rxMode.

sakura_candy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No don't update. You can system transfer right now. Create an emuNAND on both and don't update them. Find a method to spoof eShop on both consoles (there will be details in this forum) then you will be able to do a system transfer. Make sure you use wireless data transfer options. At the end you might get stuck in a loop where it wants you to restart but then when you boot into emuNAND it is still going with the transfer. In this case, let it restart, turn off wireless in sysNAND, then boot into emuNAND and choose to cancel he transfer. You'll be able to get into emuNAND then, and if you visit the eShop them all your paid-for content and MiiPlaza etc miraculously appears.
Hmm, hang on, this means that the account information is transferred, but what about save data? I kind of don't want to just chuck away my MiiPlaza peeps.
And I'm having a hard time trying to spoof eshop. On the n3ds it keeps reporting an "unable to connect" but I'm pretty sure I've installed all the cias I should and patched it

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
Is there a thread, post, or wiki that explains how to find cheats? I can find basic stuff like inf hp, but I don't know how people make "all weapons" or "all items 99" codes in just a few lines. Also, are the hit addresses the same even after turning off the 3ds?

HP / Lives and items are no different. You're still looking for a number. If you have "10 health kits", you search for 10, get hurt, use a health kit, search for 9, repeat until you find the relevant address. Then you need to determine whether that "health kit" has it's own item value (eg 01 might be a small health kit, 02 might be a large health kit). Once you have that figured out, you can write a simple code that writes the values to memory locations.

Have a look at the all items code found here: http://fort42.cu.cc/
Study how they work and you'll figure it out.

Here is a simple 99 all items code I wrote: http://fort42.cu.cc/gateshark/game1110/903/ It quite literally writes 0x63 to each memory location one after the other.

Here is a slightly more complex code I wrote: http://fort42.cu.cc/gateshark/game1110/902/ The details are provided in the link to explain the code.

Edit: A lot of games use static addressing - so the memory locations always remain the same.
There are some games that use dynamic addressing (ie Pointers), and these will change each time you run the game. When making cheats, always test your cheats several times by quitting and restarting the game, to ensure the memory locations are static.

Last edited by Slade.AU,
Reactions: mznova

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried your setup, but somehow it's kind of stuck in a loop of menuhax -> ctrbootmanager -> gateway logo on top screen -> menuhax again and it got stuck.
Re configured menuhax to boot default to sysNand (Type 1 instead of Type 2) It works, but only if I insert my red card after booting into gateway menu.

I think I have 2 problems here. One is that if I use Type 2 menuhax config (launch if booted without pressing buttons) then Gateway emunand will respect this too...?! I've formatted emunand on my sd card before setting up homebrew, did is this the right step?

Another problem is that if I leave the red card in the console when I launch the gateway homebrew option, it will just show a black screen and not boot into emunand.

Is there some way I can fix this? Or some other way of making the console boot automatically into emunand?

Thanks!
This happens because your sysNAND and emuNAND are linked (ie. in short, both using same patched/hacked theme) hence when it boots to emuNAND it goes through same process again.

First you need to deactivate the menuhax somehow using menuhax manager. Easiest way is to first bypass menuhax by holding the key you set and change theme from home menu.

Then you need to format sysNAND with console sd card removed, after setting up put the same console sd card (so that it creates separate files for it) and follow the guide again.

Last edited by Just3DS,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hmm, hang on, this means that the account information is transferred, but what about save data? I kind of don't want to just chuck away my MiiPlaza peeps.
And I'm having a hard time trying to spoof eshop. On the n3ds it keeps reporting an "unable to connect" but I'm pretty sure I've installed all the cias I should and patched it
Choose wireless data transfer and all your saves etc (including MiiPlaza progress) will be transferred. I'm not knowledgeable about current eShop spoof methods, recently it was really easy (FreeMultiPatcher) but Nintendo added extra checks and made it harder.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

trsoares

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Gateway ULTRA 3.6.1 public beta

That’s right! We can already reveal another surprise that is coming SOON: We will be bringing Gateway support to systems that are on the current LATEST FIRMWARE: 10.3 and lower.
So do not update past this version, because we will not be able to bring support for versions after that any time soon!

Happy Holidays to all, and many thanks to the homebrew dev team and community!

That’s it for now, and as always, Enjoy!
"

Maybe a very dumb question, but...

This will need a new flashcard or if i buy a GW today i will be able to use in my o3ds in fw 10.3 when this is out?

I don't know if Gateway will realese a new card or only "an update".

Any help? Thanks.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

This will need a new flashcard or if i buy a GW today i will be able to use in my o3ds in fw 10.3 when this is out?

Any help? Thanks.
No one knows for sure, but they only released one card since the 4.5 exploit, so it's unlikely they'll make a new card. Unless they have to for ntrcardhax. So more than likely you can buy one now and use it for the new exploit coming.

VeryCrushed

Devious Prorammer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks!
Do as stated above to get out of the loop. If you look back about a page I posted a link to my full tutorial on setup. If only I had it out before you did that, I stated at the top of mine to have sysnand and emunand unlinked before doing it.

D

Deleted-236924

Any help? Thanks.
Worst case scenario you downgrade to 9.2 when it becomes possible to do so, and then GW would work.

trsoares

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No one knows for sure, but they only released one card since the 4.5 exploit, so it's unlikely they'll make a new card. Unless they have to for ntrcardhax. So more than likely you can buy one now and use it for the new exploit coming.

Worst case scenario you downgrade to 9.2 when it becomes possible to do so, and then GW would work.

Thanks guys!

I will buy one right now, knowing my country im sure the price will go sky rocket when this got realese.

Claros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
guys, when we will be able to downgrade our systems on above 9.2 what method is it going to be ?! at first i thought through the usual .dg through gw menu<

but i think i read some place that we might use CIA !? how would that work ?

Thornhill33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This happens because your sysNAND and emuNAND are linked (ie. in short, both using same patched/hacked theme) hence when it boots to emuNAND it goes through same process again.

I have the same setup (linked sysnand/emunand) and don't get a loop, it boots directly in GW Emunand.
Is it because themes were not setup when my Emunand was created (I did the themes setup only in Sysnand, after Emunand creation) ?

I choose option 1 for menuhax setup :
- I press "L" during early boot until bottom screen flashes, then release "L" for GW mode Emunand Boot
- If I want GW menu, I keep "L" pressed until I get the menu
- If I want normal Sysnand boot, I don't press anything

Also, regarding the setup Guide, CTRBootmanager is useless if you only care about GW CFW : you can simply rename GW.3dx to boot.3dx without CTRBM setup/configuration : the process is simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches