Hacking GATEWAY ULTRA v3.6.1 PUBLIC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GW must've really heard the call when sky3ds+ was released w/ firmware update capabilities. Oh joy, the battle begins.

mancasoko

Trophies
XP
Country
You mean EmuNAND Tool won't let you back up the hidden SD partition? Do you have a NAND backup of emunand (your first sysnand before you formatted it) which is hopefully on the same firmware version you're already on? You can try formatting then injecting that backup instead.
I am getting this error when I use EmuNAND tool "read on failed 23(data error (cyclic redundancy check).)" And I don't have any of EmuNAND backup from before because I got my 3ds not a long ago and I still didn't know that I will need backup, so you can say that I am in big trouble without option of backing up my EmuNAND. I was thinking to get new SD card but without Emunand backup what can I do?

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GW must've really heard the call when sky3ds+ was released w/ firmware update capabilities. Oh joy, the battle begins.

No... They saw Smea, Derrek and Plutoo detail exactly how to accomplish 10.3 support, just like everybody else.

10.3 support is not the result of Gateway doing anything of value (Beyond working to implement the exploits that they had nothing to do with, which is currently being done by others for free).

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the tutorial LocalHorst86!

That was exactly what i was doing.

I was trying to configure it in a way where it would boot into Gateway Mode without me having to do anything but turn on the system.

This however didnt work, since i told menuhax to boot into menuhax when i DONT press L.

The problem is that when it then starts Gateway Mode it calls for System again and since L isnt pressed it automatically loads Homebrew Manager and so forth.

Its a loop that ends in a black screen and i dont know how to do it differently.

Well it shouldn't since homemenuhax is not installed in your emunand. It seems to me your problem is caused by your emjnand and sysnand not being unlinked so when you boot gateway mode it is still actually running menuhax.

either unlink your emunand and sysnand or simply set menuhax to only boot on a specific button combo, once you see the garbled top screen let go of the button.

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
guess now my gw cart will get to be used more often. (n3ds is not very .cia friendly)
it would be great if they also give screenshot feature from their ingame menu
and they need to add a new mode similar to pasta/dev mode for people under 9.0 to upgrade.

Silverbullet09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So i have testet de GW.3dsx on another old3ds fw 9.2 (emunand 10.3).
One Time it Boot to the GatewayMode the next Time i get a Blackscreen (Freeze) than it Works again ... and so
On the First old3ds same FW 9.2 (emunand 10.3) only the first time it boot,,, and the other boots give me only a Blackscreen (Freeze)

What is the Failure guys??? Please Help me

VeryCrushed

Devious Prorammer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateways not worried about that. Sky3DS is still more expensive and has more features for those who go with it.

The only reason GW is announcing 10.3 compatibility is because of the new exploits just announced.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No... They saw Smea, Derrek and Plutoo detail exactly how to accomplish 10.3 support, just like everybody else.

10.3 support is not the result of Gateway doing anything of value (Beyond working to implement the exploits that they had nothing to do with, which is currently being done by others for free).

Not trying to defend anyone, but shouldn't we at least wait and see what the gateway team will actually do to accomplish 10.3 compatibility? I mean it's reasonably likely they really simply executed what smea, Derek, and Pluto described, but couldn't they simply have found something on their own?

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have testet de GW.3dsx on another old3ds fw 9.2 (emunand 10.3).
One Time it Boot to the GatewayMode the next Time i get a Blackscreen (Freeze) than it Works again ... and so
On the First old3ds same FW 9.2 (emunand 10.3) only the first time it boot,,, and the other boots give me only a Blackscreen (Freeze)

What is the Failure guys??? Please Help me

Is this for coldbooting Gateway (By renaming Gateway's 3dsx file to "boot.3dsx")? You can try using CTRBootManager as that tends to fix Autobot issues.

VeryCrushed

Devious Prorammer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not trying to defend anyone, but shouldn't we at least wait and see what the gateway team will actually do to accomplish 10.3 compatibility? I mean it's reasonably likely they really simply executed what smea, Derek, and Pluto described, but couldn't they simply have found something on their own?
They could have, but the timing is too close to the conference. 99% likely they are using the hacks from the conference.

Reactions: CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting this error when I use EmuNAND tool "read on failed 23(data error (cyclic redundancy check).)" And I don't have any of EmuNAND backup from before because I got my 3ds not a long ago and I still didn't know that I will need backup, so you can say that I am in big trouble without option of backing up my EmuNAND. I was thinking to get new SD card but without Emunand backup what can I do?
That almost certainly sounds like a SD card corruption. If you got your 3DS not long ago, would you be fine with a completely new EmuNAND? If you've backed up SysNAND before you formatted it, you can use that to restore your EmuNAND, because EmuNAND is a replica of your old SysNAND.

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Which they decided to announce two days after everybody saw the exploits explained? Not to mention, they didn't release 10.3 support, they just announced that they were actually working on it.

Given the timeframe between updates past 9.2 and now, their announcement timing pretty much solidifies that they're using the exploits that were just detailed.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They could have, but the timing is too close to the conference. 99% likely they are using the hacks from the conference.
Definitely agree with this: They did that when smea released ninjhax for 9.2, too.

Although I can't say I mind, really: Any progress at all is good, and I'm glad we have such an active community.

Silverbullet09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is this for coldbooting Gateway (By renaming Gateway's 3dsx file to "boot.3dsx")? You can try using CTRBootManager as that tends to fix Autobot issues.

On all Versions ,,, try it manual loading from the HB Launcher,,, Autoboot by Rename the GW.3dsx to boot.3dsx , and finally with the crt Bootmanager .
I try bootfix 2 and 150. hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo