Not open for further replies.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
If they're telling us to stay on 4.5, there's probably a reason. Probably something like not having as many features as we have now.

I'm betting this is a hardware revision, just executed better than the Sky3DS.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it materializes (and I have no doubt it will), Gateway just expanded their potential future profits tenfold. Great move! I was on the fence for buying a New 3DS, but now I guess it's gonna be a day 1 purchase.

Filisteus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can buy the card now or have to wait for them to launch the stand first?
My 3DS is 9.xxx firmware

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
If they're telling us to stay on 4.5, there's probably a reason. Probably something like not having as many features as we have now.

I'm betting this is a hardware revision, just executed better than the Sky3DS.

This is not an hardware revision! It'll be the same card for both 4.x & 9.x

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Woah! Where did you hear that news at?! Speculation.com?

2nb7zw6.jpg

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
For all the paranoid post 4.5 firmware people lol, I'd suggest you all update now to 9.2 via wifi. Nintendo may push out another update.

retrofan_k Are you joking? They said don't update, why would you update right now and lose all support? Nothing about this has been confirmed. It might even need separate hardware from what we already have, then how are you going to feel when you have to pay another $80 to get another card?

People, don't take the speculation as fact so easily. You'll end up getting buttfucked.

Reactions: Margen67

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well here is the question....if your on 5.x+ how would you run a FPGA update unless they do indeed have a new 9.x exploit ^_^
retrofan_k Are you joking? They said don't update, why would you update right now and lose all support? Nothing about this has been confirmed. It might even need separate hardware from what we already have, then how are you going to feel when you have to pay another $80 to get another card?

People, don't take the speculation as fact so easily. You'll end up getting buttfucked.
he did say "post" 4.x users i.e 5.x+

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden

He said POST 4.5 users, in other words those above 4.5 and I'm the Swedish one here :P

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

For all the paranoid post 4.5 firmware people lol, I'd suggest you all update now to 9.2 via wifi. Nintendo may push out another update.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
well here is the question....if your on 5.x+ how would you run a FPGA update unless they do indeed have a new 9.x exploit ^_^

They could have an exploit loading userland ROP, which would be enough to reprogram the FPGA of the cart, but not enough to allow ROM loading.

Michunio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

He meant firmwares above 4.5 and that's what gateway suggests

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know why anyone would still be on 5.0 right now, seriously. :wtf:

A lot of people were worried if it was safe to update to latest version(because Nintendo could have pushed another update), he was just confirming that it's safe and 9.2.0-20 is the latest version and it's best to update right now before Nintendo pushes an actual update and possibly blocks Gateway's method.

askara

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh crap....havent play my 3DS for a long time so i forgot about it...i updated my 3DSXL to 9.2 and forgot to patch my R4 3DS gold....now i need a DS or 3ds under 6.0 to upgrade my R4 gold........fick is there anyway to bypass this without DS or 3ds under 6.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-