Hacking GATEWAY: Release coming soon

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 38,552
  • Replies 185
  • Likes 16

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wanna know what the "other (interesting) developments" is from their last posts, im guessing that they will have save decryption and re-encryption....because if they have fixed 7.x encryption im guessing they would probably fix the 6.x save encryption too.....but then they would want a way to decrypt the saves that used the broken encryption and re-encrypt them corrtly using the proper 6.x method.....thats just my guess anyway

Notice how in the video it was already booted into GW mode (something that has never happened in any other preview video). Also, they said "We are currently in the process of wrapping it up in a nice Launcher file" so my guess is we're getting a completely new GW menu and other new features to accompany the 7.x and 8.x encryption feature shown in the video. It probably wont even be called OMEGA anymore. Probably just 3.0. I also emailed them about incorporatinga "list view" in their multirom so who knows what we could get.

EDIT: Anyone else peep'd the BirdMania 3D in their multirom menu (0:52) AND as a standalone app (1:40) on the 3DS? It might mean nothing but it would be awesome if we could install eshop roms onto the 3DS itself in emunand.

Reactions: AlbertoSONIC

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if they will be able to eventually hack it to the same level as the Wii. Now I know its alot of work and I am no programer either I am just thinking out loud about what the possibilities could be in a year from now. Still I won't be able to take advantage of it until higher firmware is available which I am guess will probably not be happening anytime soon.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smash isn't even out, for all we know it could be 9.x Nintendo isn't that stupid

Except the production stage of games is usually way earlier than the release date. The final stage in game development is before the production stage. Chances are the game will be playable.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and before someone asks now, NO it does NOT mean, gateway is now compatible with all firmwares, you still need a 4.1-4.5 system nand 3ds, it only means, the emunand is now compatible with the latest firmware meaning, you can now access eshop via emunand again and play the newly encrypted games...
"now" meaning, when it gets released

... So what you're saying is I should now ask if it works on the latest firmwares?

Reactions: IronClouds

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except the production stage of games is usually way earlier than the release date. The final stage in game development is before the production stage. Chances are the game will be playable.

Smash Bros releases in less then 1 month in Japan (September 13th). It will work.

Reactions: cearp and Zetta_x

Presentum

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Don't forget Pokémon Art Academy :D and Pokebank :D but some weeks sounds like an eternity, well we waited 2 months, waiting another one won't hurt I guess....

sgtkwol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... So what you're saying is I should now ask if it works on the latest firmwares?

Chances are very slim of that occurring. Maybe if Smealum's exploit can be reverse engineered, it's possible. I personally think if that happens it would be a comunity thing and not Gateway.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chances are very slim of that occurring. Maybe if Smealum's exploit can be reverse engineered, it's possible. I personally think if that happens it would be a comunity thing and not Gateway.

Seems like this was a tongue-in-cheek post about people always asking this in threads like these. I mean, check out the post he quoted ;)

Edit: Ninja'd.

Reactions: Thirty3Three

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
If they already can do it then why will it take "weeks" to release the thing? Unless they are waiting for Smash to come out first perhaps?

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I cant wait,Super smash bros will be out in just 4 weeks in japan, i would really like to know what they mean by the "coming" weeks, 2 weeks 4 weeks or how many? Mt-card told me that they will realese the v2.0 the next week so im sure Gateway will add save editor support after mtcard gets the update, maybe Super Smash bros usa/eur will get 0.9.0 encryption but the japanesse one will be 8.xx like Tomodachi life

Cybore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad this is coming. For some reason all of my updates were one day randomly deleted and I have not been able to download them again due to the eshop encryption. This also means pokebank support which is awesome. While ORAS is still a few months away, I'm hoping it will be compatible with it.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well depending on how gateway achieved this....there isnt much else nintendo can do except adding anti piracy detection.....adding more encryption methods, and gateway could just do the same again.....or the method they are using could basically defeat any new encryption routines they care to add before they even get added.

it all just depends on how gateway have done it

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I already requested GW via email that they should add a decryption/reencryption feature for save files so we could keep using our old save files played in GW mode (roms) and emuNAND (retail carts and eShop downloaded games). Additionally, to convert save files of .3ds roms to .3dz save files and viceversa (why not?).

I'm pretty sure you will NOT want to start new save files because of the change of the encryption. I hope some of you guys could request the same thing to them just in case.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If they already can do it then why will it take "weeks" to release the thing? Unless they are waiting for Smash to come out first perhaps?
Having something working under certain (for us unknown) conditions does not mean it's ready for release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game