• Replies 238
  • Likes 2

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
well to put it simply, gateway didn't seem to detect some games. Normal reformats etc didn't help, finally i downloaded format tool made for sd cards and everything is working.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
As I read on GW threads, not seeing games, blank screen and other problems come from microSD :/
So many fakes around... and SD is not reliable sometimes...

Mine isn't fake. It loads every other game perfectly, even Animal Crossing. I'm going to try reformatting it and copying all of the files back to it later. Right now I'm using my usual Flashcard Mini SD as my regular 3DS SD card because the 2GB one that came with my 3DS won't let me start smash Bros.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So i've bought new sd cards. (both sd and microsd).

Here's my problem - some saves don't seem to work properly.

I've thrown in new card into 3ds, formated it.
Thrown in launcher. Formated for new emunand.
Copied everything from the old card onto pc.
Copied it all back to new sd.
Updated emunand.

So in some case like final fantasy theatrhythm it asked to create new data but still saw saved profile.
But other games like Pokemon Y it doesn't seem to see my new save files.

Any idea how to fix this ?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
are they the original roms you used i.e you havent swapped a .3ds for a .3dz or a EU rom for a US version

also did you copy the saves back on after you had formatted emunand etc....i know you said you did but its important they are copied on after and not before

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
By same rom i used - same release, extracted from same zip file.
Yep i've copied everything, actually streetpass (mii plaza or whatever it was called) also didn't copy properly but i passed it as an issue with obscure nintendo drm.

edit: just got an idea.... i've actually changed the rom filename maybe this is the reason.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i think file name of roms only affects MT saves...gateway uses the games titleID rather than file name....so they should be working fine :blink: try copying them back over to your SD card

Oh and BTW, just incase its a silly mistake the .sav files all go on the SD card in the side of the 3DS not the micro SD in the gateway card

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
k so i've made experiment. Created new save removed sd card, loaded back the old saves on to it but game still had new save...

So either game saves itself into rom or it saves itself somewhere else as well, gonna check if saves are still there on previous card, worst case it means i've lost my saves along with rom i've deleted.

EDIT: Unfortunately it seems i keep getting new save file even when i use my old sd card, so i can only assume game saves itself inside rom file.
It stings but after searching forums it seems it was common knowledge.

At least i'm going to remember it next time. Good thing it was only card2 game where i''ve actually made some noticable progress.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
In the process of re-dumping my card.

Does anyone know where I can find out how to import other saves into my copy of Pokemon Y? Also, does 2.3b still use 4.x encryption for save files? I might have to restart my game if it doesn't.

And another thing; Anyone happen to know where the released save files for all of the unreleased legendaries are? I heard Pokebank works with Gateway now, so this should be fun to amass a collection.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
k so i've made experiment. Created new save removed sd card, loaded back the old saves on to it but game still had new save...

So either game saves itself into rom or it saves itself somewhere else as well, gonna check if saves are still there on previous card, worst case it means i've lost my saves along with rom i've deleted.

EDIT: Unfortunately it seems i keep getting new save file even when i use my old sd card, so i can only assume game saves itself inside rom file.
It stings but after searching forums it seems it was common knowledge.

At least i'm going to remember it next time. Good thing it was only card2 game where i''ve actually made some noticable progress.
oh sorry i misread your post earlier i thought you said pokemon worked fine but not others.....:P....yeah card 2 games save to the rom not the SD card

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for those links Ashtonx. Unfortunately however, I re-dumped the game and it still won't boot. I trimmed it and such before attempting to run it, so maybe that's the issue. I'm gonna try an untrimmed copy I guess...

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
okay i think it might be mentioned somewhere already but i can't find it what is the max size for the r4i card and the normal SD-card? i know the 3ds card is fully working with SDXC but since i'm most likely to buy new cards i wonder...

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was not the right thread to bump for this, as it's an announcement for Gateway's currently latest launcher. Check the NOOB PARADISE sticky at the top of this forum, that's where you wanna ask. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-