Homebrew Gateway from HBL

Harps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys, I was wondering if there's any way to launch Gateway's launcher.dat from the homebrew launcher? If there is then awesome, if not then I'll start working on a way to do so as long as it's possible.

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Launcher.dat is only used to launch from browser (I think). In the Gateway ultra zip there should be a folder called "3DS" containing the 3dsx and smdh

Harps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Launcher.dat is only used to launch from browser (I think). In the Gateway ultra zip there should be a folder called "3DS" containing the 3dsx and smdh
Are you sure? Neither of the versions I downloaded directly from the gateway site (3.4.1 and 3.6.2 beta) have a 3DS folder

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't Launcher.dat filled with bricking code a while ago? I don't trust GateWay anymore, does it still have the bricking code?

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I was wondering if there's any way to launch Gateway's launcher.dat from the homebrew launcher? If there is then awesome, if not then I'll start working on a way to do so as long as it's possible.
Use the gw.3dsx and sdmh files like any normal homebrew app. Make sure you are on 9.2 or lower as well. You will also need to put the launcher.dat in the root of your SD card, or else you will get a black screen upon loading.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wasn't Launcher.dat filled with bricking code a while ago? I don't trust GateWay anymore, does it still have the bricking code?
You've got nothing to worry about if you own a Gateway, there was only ever one or two cases of legitimate Gateway owners bricking their systems.

If however, you're using a Gateway clone, you deserve to get your 3DS bricked.

Harps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You've got nothing to worry about if you own a Gateway, there was only ever one or two cases of legitimate Gateway owners bricking their systems.

I'm not using a gateway nor am I using a clone, I was using the gateway launcher to convert my games to .3DS then converting those to .CIA to install on my emunand, so I shouldn't have any issues with bricking.

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't have a flashcart at all. None, I live with my parents, and they forbid me to spend money on anything that involves piracy. Sure, Gateway's not ALL piracy, but its main use is piracy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Helldivers 2
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the game has as much bugs ingame as well as in RL
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That games so mixed I hear people praise or say they love it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's both, they love it and hate it just as much
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like we get mixed reviews but that games globally mixed like mj
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    love the gameplay, hate the buggy mess it's also in, much drama and controversy also related due to sony being sony
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the mixed reviews is due to review bombing, because a chunk of regions are excluded/banned from buying it now
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so the players are review bombing as response to sony doubling down on their so-called policy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe the real bugs were the glitches they didn't patch along the way
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    there are instability issues regarding certain hardware setups, but it's a small part
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    game's now what, 3 months out the door
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    live service game for 40 bucks that sold 12 mil copies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ever notice how games that sell millions get hated the worst
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cod and sports games are good examples but people still buy the shit
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it happens quit often if not all the time
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    diablo 4 anyone?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Everyone just doesn't want to be an outcast and say they're decent games why do they make billions if it's so shit
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy nintendo stuff and their games if you just want fun
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still can't name 12 fun current Nintendo games
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i say get a pc and emulate that too

:rofl2:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or in today's age at least a SteamDeck
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i gotta say, the steam deck isn't a bad deal, even if you get a used one, you have options to get it serviced and the parts are also available through ifixit
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember a guy trying to call me a SteamDeck fanboy I'm like well give me a grand I'll buy a winmax
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or a win4 things still sexy
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Or a win4 things still sexy