Lijer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dear gba tempers

Recently i dusted of my old 3ds with a gateway card. But i forgot which buttons i need to press upon boot to get directly into gateway mode. When i hold r upon boot i get into the homebrew launcher, and i also can boot to gateway from here. But i like to know how to get into gateway directly. I know i did that in the past.I think i never personalised al the button presses so it should be standard. Anyone?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you had to have personalized it. Just use ftpd or something and look at the files in luma/paylods and see how you named them.

rtfm...

FIRM Payload Chainloader​

Luma3DS has a built-in chainloader, allowing you to launch third party FIRM payloads via holding a key or choosing from a selection menu at boot.

• To use this feature, place a FIRM payload in /luma/payloads/ as button_NAME.firm. Note that button_ is optional; if you only wish to use the chainloader selection menu to boot chainload payloads, button_ is unnecessary.
    • Available buttons are:
      • x_NAME.firm
      • y_NAME.firm
      • select_NAME.firm
      • r_NAME.firm
      • a_NAME.firm
      • b_NAME.firm
      • right_NAME.firm
      • left_NAME.firm
      • up_NAME.firm
      • down_NAME.firm
    • Note: For r_NAME.firm, a_NAME.firm, and select_NAME.firm you need to press L+R, L+A, and L+SELECT on boot respectively instead of the desired key alone; this is because these keys are used for other things in Luma3DS.
    • To access the payload selection menu instead of using hotkeys, hold START at boot. You can scroll through the list of payloads with the D-Pad and press A to launch your choice.

lilyuwuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If the console is able to boot to homebrew launcher on boot that suggests a menuhax sort of setup, in which case Luma's chainloader logic would not apply.

Perhaps check for any INI files on the SD card for boot manager type applications (e.g. CtrBootManager9)?

Lijer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I really appreciate the help. I just checked the sd card.. there is a folder menuhax on it. And its a very old version (3.2) .(I cannot recall i ever used something on luma on this setup) . But i cannot find a .ini or bootmanager file anywhere on the sd card.

Lijer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanx for the link .. looks good. If i have some spare time i will install and configure the gateway this way..untill then, i will boot with homebrew launcher.. thank u all!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol