Hacking Hardware Homebrew Homebrew app 3ds homebrew application crashes on launch

Feesh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Greetings, whenever i start the homebrew launcher on my original 3ds it crashes on launch. All the games (except silverfalls) work fine and nothing seems corrupted. I do have to admit before i switched to a 32gb card from a 2gb one it did work but now it doesn't. May anyone please assist me on this? I guess it's because my Luma is outdated but i don't know myself :blink:I couldn't open the .DMP file so here is an image of the crashlog. My most sincere gramercy in advance fellow modder!

WIN_20240226_14_48_32_Pro.jpg

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You are probably missing boot.3dsx on your SD card.

You should be concerned about why you are missing boot.3dsx, since if that file is missing for some reason, you might be missing other things too.

Feesh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You are probably missing boot.3dsx on your SD card.

You should be concerned about why you are missing boot.3dsx, since if that file is missing for some reason, you might be missing other things too.
That may be it, do you maybe know how to re-install it then?? and where? Thanks in advance

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Feesh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I should have asked for clarification: when you switched cards, did you copy all the files from the old card to the new card? Because you're supposed to do that.

If you don't care about anything on the old card, then indeed the solution is https://3ds.guide/checking-for-cfw and https://3ds.guide/restoring-updating-cfw .
I did not copy the boot.3dsx file with it i guess (I just made a folder on my laptop, put everything from the old sd on there, put the new sd in and pasted the folder there so i guess something went wrong there) and i went to the luma releases and re-installed the latest version and that seemed to work. Thank you guys very much for your help!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up