Hacking [Gateway] Can you get DLC for free?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
really, how does that work, as the paid pieces dont have the cetk i guess.
I guess using the cetk from the free DLC?

It's possible, but it's not the easiest thing in the world. If you'll notice in the forum, speak of "cia"s and the like, that's basically what's being talked about. Anything you can get from the eshop can be installed in this manner...though it's not easy by any means. Check out the rest of the forum now that you know what you're looking for. Though I would first suggest you look into how gateway works, what it does, all about the dev stuff, and the like. The more you understand the basics, the better chance you'll have at installing DLC without bricking your console.
It's been made very easy now, since you can easily find CIA downloads of most things so you can skip the conversion step. It's easier than installing a game on Windows. :P

Reactions: osaka35

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
The point here is that you can't get the cetk for any eShop content, only system titles.

sure, as far as i think. :) not even all system titles have a cetk i believe, i might be wrong though.

the key for the free is the same as the paid, right? :)
that massive 100+ jp theme pack, i'm sure they didn't actually buy 100 themes... ha - although maybe they did...

Reactions: Margen67

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sure, as far as i think. :) not even all system titles have a cetk i believe, i might be wrong though.

i don't think so, otherwise that would be a massive fail:P

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
try for yourself... i could be wrong, i don't want to look stupid, but i'm pretty sure...
get the free fire emblem dlc and the same key will decrypt the paid dlc when you download it all from cdn.
same with themes.
i believe you, well now i am going to look stupid:

how exactly do i find the link for the free dlc?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i believe you, well now i am going to look stupid:

how exactly do i find the link for the free dlc?

i have not tested it myself, but i have heard it works from many people (well, 2 or 3)
not every game has free dlc, but yes, a free theme is free dlc, you can use the key to decrypt the paid themes too.
i mentioned fire emblem and themes because that is all i know that has free + paid dlc. maybe there is more, just look on eshop.
you can even just buy 1 paid dlc piece, and get the others :) it doesn't need to be free

Reactions: Margen67 and ground

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have not tested it myself, but i have heard it works from many people (well, 2 or 3)
not every game has free dlc, but yes, a free theme is free dlc, you can use the key to decrypt the paid themes too.
i mentioned fire emblem and themes because that is all i know that has free + paid dlc. maybe there is more, just look on eshop.
you can even just buy 1 paid dlc piece, and get the others :) it doesn't need to be free
Since when did Fire Emblem have free DLC?
Someone paid for every single DLC in that case actually (Cause I didn't know about the CDN method yet :P)

Better example of free + paid DLC would be conception 2 and persona Q

Reactions: cearp

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of finding content... when did GBAtemp stop documenting scene releases? They used to always post GBA and DS scene info when a legit release was made. But nothing has been done for the 3DS games, or WiiU.

einstein95

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

that massive 100+ jp theme pack, i'm sure they didn't actually buy 100 themes... ha - although maybe they did...
Yep. For the theme packs, all you need to do is get one free theme and then you have the key. Although, sometimes you don't even need to that as there's a spreadsheet somewhere...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Yep. For the theme packs, all you need to do is get one free theme and then you have the key. Although, sometimes you don't even need to that as there's a spreadsheet somewhere...

i think there are some (many, most?) fake keys in that spreadsheet, you need to have downloaded it yourself from eshop to get the real key
if you install a cia you find online, the key you will get from that is not the true key

einstein95

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
i think there are some (many, most?) fake keys in that spreadsheet, you need to have downloaded it yourself from eshop to get the real key
if you install a cia you find online, the key you will get from that is not the true key
The ones in the spreadsheet have been checked and are from the eShop, not from CIAs :P

D

Deleted-188346

you can now use my new tool, 'FunkyCIA', to do it easily!
First, I'd just like to thank you for all the work you're doing for the community, and second, I'd like to thank you for having such a strong presence here on the forums. It's awesome to see the creators of these tools interact with the community like this.

Third, I have no idea how your tool works and I'd appreciate if a guide was made. :P

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
First, I'd just like to thank you for all the work you're doing for the community, and second, I'd like to thank you for having such a strong presence here on the forums. It's awesome to see the creators of these tools interact with the community like this.

Third, I have no idea how your tool works and I'd appreciate if a guide was made. :P

haha thanks, and well, being on the forums a lot (i only talk in the 3ds stuff really, not any general forum areas etc) - it just means i have enough time to do so!

what don't you understand about using FunkyCIA? (not being rude, just, i want to see what you are stuck on!)
do you have a ticket.db that you extracted from your nand? (read the top of the thread of my tool, it links to some threads that you need to read to get your ticket.db)
do you have python installed on your computer? (i'm assuming you are on windows), if you are on mac you are ok, linux i wouldn't be surprised if they usually have python.
if you have those two things, you are ready :)

lcleong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
just find the dlc .cia and install it into ur sd card, i already have all dlc inside my sd card. confirm working, persona Q, unlimited world red, conception, fire emblem awakening, pokemon mystery dungeon, and whatever dlc game u can think.. all dlc being dumped already

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8