Hacking [Gateway] Can you get DLC for free?

chrisluna413

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm extremely new to the 3DS Gateway scene and was wondering if I can get Fantasy Life and Fire emblem DLC for free without having to use the eshop. I apologize if this is a frequently asked question.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm extremely new to the 3DS Gateway scene and was wondering if I can get Fantasy Life and Fire emblem DLC for free without having to use the eshop. I apologize if this is a frequently asked question.

It's possible, but it's not the easiest thing in the world. If you'll notice in the forum, speak of "cia"s and the like, that's basically what's being talked about. Anything you can get from the eshop can be installed in this manner...though it's not easy by any means. Check out the rest of the forum now that you know what you're looking for. Though I would first suggest you look into how gateway works, what it does, all about the dev stuff, and the like. The more you understand the basics, the better chance you'll have at installing DLC without bricking your console.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
If you mean if you can download it from Nintendo's servers without paying for it, then technically yes.
If there is a free piece of DLC to download for a certain game, you can use that to be able to get all the paid pieces too :)

Reactions: Margen67

player0

Trophies
XP
Country
If you mean if you can download it from Nintendo's servers without paying for it, then technically yes.
If there is a free piece of DLC to download for a certain game, you can use that to be able to get all the paid pieces too :)

If it is not those "RELEASE"es, I am still waiting cearp to teach us how to download DLCs and updates from official server and repack them as CIAs ourselves :bow:

D

Deleted-188346

Quick question, when you install the .cia DLC files, will the DLC work for all versions of the game (.cia/.3ds/.3dz)?

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question, when you install the .cia DLC files, will the DLC work for all versions of the game (.cia/.3ds/.3dz)?
Yes, assuming the region is correct. It will "usually" work.

For people who still have trouble finding DLC cia. Try googling "scarletcrystals 3ds DLC" and follow the reposts to their source.

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Installing DLC is much easier then I thought. When you've acquired the cia just instal using BigBlueMenu. Just be sure to use the SDMC tab, else it'll give an error.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Installing DLC is much easier then I thought. When you've acquired the cia just instal using BigBlueMenu. Just be sure to use the SDMC tab, else it'll give an error.

how else could you install it, if you do not go to the sdmc tab?
(apart from using the network hio thing, i haven7t read much about that, i would be happy to set it up!)

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh just saying.. I've left the scene a bit so I've never read much about CIA's and the dev menu... tried installing in the first program tab. Was confused about the errors lol.

Ye i know, me noob X)

Reactions: cearp

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Dude how can you do that? It would be golden information

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I think acquiring the CIA is sometimes a bit tricky, especially if it's for a game that isn't very popular. Or an update that just came out recently. You might have to wait a long time before somebody dumps it

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
really, how does that work, as the paid pieces dont have the cetk i guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1