Hacking Gateway 4.2b/3.7b

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have seen cases of a9lh users that cannot restore their nand backups to a bricked nand, so really a9 isn't brick proof 100% I have a9lh+gw emunand if I brick and can't restore my emunand I have a second chance with the sysnand,
by the way a9lh don't make a full wipe of the nand before install the backup?? like Android for a clean installation.

Last edited by JCR1,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have seen cases of a9lh users that cannot restore their nand backups to a bricked nand, so really a9 isn't brick proof 100%
wat

can you show me these cases? as long as payloads can be booted from a9lh, then it can be fixed, even without a working NAND dump.
by the way a9lh don't make a full wipe of the nand before install the backup?? like Android for a clean installation.
what do you mean?

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In Android phones is recommended wipe cache and all other data before the installation of new rom for reduce the chance of errors and clean data installation, the other cases are in this same section, I'm on the phone now so can't search for them but are maybe 5, other users recommend hard mod to fix it.

pd sorry bad Eng.

Last edited by JCR1,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Android phones is recommended wipe cache and all other data before the installation of new rom for reduce the chance of errors and clean data installation, the other cases are in this same section, I'm on the phone now so can't search for them but are maybe 5, other users recommend hard mod to fix it.

pd sorry bad Eng.
3DS isn't Android.

There are no "cache" or "data" partitions. A NAND backup is quite literally the entire contents of the NAND, not a per-file backup. Think of it like an ISO image for a CD.

rad3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad they updated it. I wonder if they'll ever get around to adding the FIRM protection needed so we don't have to type out "don't update sysnand in gateway mode" a million times.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i downloaded the 3.7.2b but it was in fact the 4.2b
i want the 3.7.2b because i don't want to greeted by screen telling me to press L+R+Select every time i boot to GW.
which link has the real 3.7.2b?

Vultix93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i downloaded the 3.7.2b but it was in fact the 4.2b
i want the 3.7.2b because i don't want to greeted by screen telling me to press L+R+Select every time i boot to GW.
which link has the real 3.7.2b?

The Luncher.dat of 3.7.2 and 4.2b is the same. you can't boot in GW without L+R+Select

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question, I'm on 3.7.1
Want to update to 11.1 emunand from 11.0.

Should I just update my launcher.dat?

I don't want the L R Select press change. Mine boots a9lh straight to emu gateway. I want it to stay that way.

Thanks for the answer.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wat

can you show me these cases? as long as payloads can be booted from a9lh, then it can be fixed, even without a working NAND dump.

what do you mean?
Your answer is in bold. If someone bricks a SYSNAND doing something stupid with a Gateway, there's no booting a9lh. If someone bricks using a fake/clone such as the DSTWO Plus (a 'brick code' brick), the only tools I know of require a linux-based os (a Raspberry Pi works well) and a hard-mod to be able to flash their backup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1