Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick... Someone talk me out of buying an AUS New3DS before I destroy my wallet...

I've only seen it on PlayAsia for $235 (including shipping), and that is admittedly an extremely reasonable price - I can't expect to find one for much cheaper. Of course, I'm also not 100% certain it will be on a firmware lower than 9.3, although It's highly likely it will still be on 9.0.

Overall, I'm trying to get pros and cons here. I'm in America, so I have to worry about region restrictions in the future. I don't want this to be an impluse buy, but as far as Gateway compatibility goes, I'm running out of time. :cry:

but food money...

I love the sense of urgency for everyone on this forum to get a N3DS RIGHT NOW, like SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY right now too. Just be patient is my game - GW may be able to get it working on the American 3DS when it hits too. That's a bit of wishful thinking on my part but still, I can't believe the masses flooding to get an AUS or JAP N3DS right now lol.

Also - We're not sure how the new 3DS games are going to operate just yet. I'm sure we can get a ROM dump, but who knows how Nintendo is going to combat them. It could be a long road for GW to get them working for us.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Play something while you wait like Minecraft or Risk of rain or terraria or starbound or dwarf fortress.

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fuck i got owned by customs... ordered a AUS N3DS from playasia to Canada... The console itself was $320 CAD... then today Fedex called saying that customs and duties are $60??!?!? fucking government and their laws and bullshit

i swear one day i'm gonna go to jail on purpose and earn back this money by getting free room and board

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
Fuck i got owned by customs... ordered a AUS N3DS from playasia to Canada... The console itself was $320 CAD... then today Fedex called saying that customs and duties are $60??!?!? fucking government and their laws and bullshit

i swear one day i'm gonna go to jail on purpose and earn back this money by getting free room and board

Holyshit! You shouldn't be charged customs fees, it should be included in taxes.

Glad we don't have customs fees here in Australia, but seeing as this country loves copying other countries it's probably in their field of view.

Reactions: dplaktos

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holyshit! You shouldn't be charged customs fees, it should be included in taxes.

Glad we don't have customs fees here in Australia, but seeing as this country loves copying other countries it's probably in their field of view.

Don't worry! That means gay marriage and weed will be legal in the near future! ;D

Aman27deep

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
India

Dude, that's nothing. Customs are 110$us for India.

Reactions: dplaktos

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have a question;

Can gateway disable region lock for the emuNAND system to allow installs of different region .cia eshop files
and can gateway install emuNAND of a different region? Say Japanese 3DS sysNAND, emuNAND American 3DS

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dayyum. wasn't there an option to "Make as a gift to avoid and fuck the police"?

don't recall seeing that... looked at the ordering page again and they have these options:

* Play-Asia.com branded packaging (standard)
* Neutral packing (no Play-Asia.com Logo visible) Add US$0.5
* Gift Wrapping Add US$2.00

but i don't think these are the "fuck the police" options?

D

Deleted-355425

Gift wrapping definitely. Dick in a box.

But srsly, IIRC gift wrapping avoids customs because gifts are good

marked as Gift or Samples will be free of import tax, or if its below a price threshold... in the UK if its under £15 its free from customs tax.. some carriers also charge a handling charge on top if they have to add customs tax and hold it, that's another £12 on top lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can imagine it would work fine