Status
Not open for further replies.

badbob001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess they can:
  • Put a physical switch on the cart to switch from DS to 3DS mode.
  • To switch 3DS games, boot in DS mode, run app to switch games on the card, boot to 3DS mode. This is somewhat similar to how I swap games into my slot2 cart.
So basically this card + a DS2.

I gave some more thought to this and perhaps it would be possible for the card to automatically decide to boot into 3DS or DS mode and not need someone to play around with a physical switch:
  • By default, the card boots in DS mode and straight into the rom selection menu.
  • Choose a rom and the console is rebooted. The card will automatically switch to 3DS mode upon a reboot and run the selected rom.
  • To get back to the selection menu, you have to turn off the console and turn it back on.

stephysanrio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed my mind about everything after actually thinking about it properly., my post was wrong and probably all the assumptions of it's functionality if its alone the line i'm thinking.. this featureless 1:1 mode is for a reason, for the time being, and an update will change a lot. I doubt there will be any clones either. It's going to be pretty funny..

exactly why would someone clone something that can be blocked with an update? unless they have a way around it... or who knows other teams might clone it regardless the same way it being a 1:1 clone just to make some money as well.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
The shipped Gateway will probably use one way to run play games (this more obvious one), Nintendo will update, Gateway then can update to their 'real' method which actually runs code. There obviously is a plan like this happening, even if the details are not clear.

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The shipped Gateway will probably use one way to run play games (this more obvious one), Nintendo will update, Gateway then can update to their 'real' method which actually runs code. There obviously is a plan like this happening, even if the details are not clear.

I'm also sensing something along these lines for some reason..

grimmreapervi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus

Any guesses as to how we would update the card though? Via the microSD, or are they shipping with a PC updater? Since it can't run code in its current state, I'm guessing it's not as simple as putting a file on an SD and launching it.

Mementos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Any guesses as to how we would update the card though? Via the microSD, or are they shipping with a PC updater? Since it can't run code in its current state, I'm guessing it's not as simple as putting a file on an SD and launching it.

Its may just like, putting the update on the micro sd card, the fpga looking for the update file and updates itself ;)

badbob001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm dubious that we'll go from having zero methods to running 3DS code to suddenly having two at the same time.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
They have had them though for a while, that's why the cart is possible to make in the first place. And 'we' will still have zero methods of running 3DS code whatever happens because its in their interests to keep the method secret.

Reactions: WhiteMaze

Yahraqad ware

I Love Videogames and Kingdom Hearts
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd imagine it would. Does anyone happen to know what firmware the white 3DS XL shipped with in Europe by chance? My memory is a bit foggy, but I don't think you have to be updated to play 3DS game online do you?[/quote no i dont think so

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Source?

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
They have had them though for a while, that's why the cart is possible to make in the first place. And 'we' will still have zero methods of running 3DS code whatever happens because its in their interests to keep the method secret.

Very true. After all, their selling a product which relies on that.

All in all, it is pointless to keep discussing how the card MIGHT work. Just a few days left. Lets just sit back and wait for the first reviews.

Reactions: 1stClassZackFair

1stClassZackFair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All in all, it is pointless to keep discussing how the card MIGHT work. Just a few days left. Lets just sit back and wait for the first reviews.
I agree.
hey!! we need urgently send an e-mail to know if it works with the latest Firmware!!
Why bother them with more questions?

Reactions: WhiteMaze

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I agree.

Why bother them with more questions?

because we don't have any release date yet, and I like to get those Mii Plaza things... but if the upgrade will block the GateWay... so, I better don't update my system... so... I wan't to know... there's no problem, no?

Heavy01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Been out of the loop for a while... whatever happened to this shitty chinese bootleg? got blocked yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay