• Replies 1,490
  • Likes 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
It really all comes down to what type of company they want to be and how long they want to be in the market. They may be a flash in the pan in which case it will likely never get expanded features or updated for new 3DS firmware. If this happens then it is what it is which is a temporary solution that will let you play a large library that is out now without updating past 5.1.x......If they want to keep selling the thing then they have thought ahead and it will have some flash capability either thru a file on the sdcard, a usb trigger cable (like m3), or a usb flash dongle for the PC. Won't matter because no matter what gateway does (flash in the pan or better) other better known and established companies will reverse engineer it and make an improved/cheaper product. If there is never a true 3DS crack then I could very well see Supercard or another established company making some type of 3DS/DS card that you could play both roms, us DS mode for homebrew and a 3DS save/rom managing application or OS.

I ordered gateway and I think with the number of 'known' and fairly reputable mod suppliers that are offering this thing there is a pretty good chance it is real and will make it to market. It is interesting that they are teasing feature like upgradeability, 6.x compatibility and save/restore functionality. Why not just come clean and leak or tell us what it can do? Usually when companies obscure its because they don't want to tell you its limitations and want people preodering before they let them down. A few more weeks and all will be known.

I'll be all over the Supercard version when it inevitably appears. Safe to say I won't be updating my 3DS firmware for a while anyway, will wait and see how this Gateway thing turns out though.

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will repeat myself once more on 4 very important topics:

1- This is the FIRST 3DS ROM compatible flashcard. The FIRST one! So how can you want it to do everything? The fact that it PLAYS ANY 3DS ROM even if only prior to the 6.x.x firmware proves it has accomplished MORE than any of its competitors.

2- If you have most games the card can play, or you have bought the ones that interest you, then very simply: this card is not for you.

3- You have NOWHERE to go as an alternative. You either buy the new games, or you buy the Gateway.

4- Lastly, the card MAY be upgradable and compatible with the new firmwares, in time. So if that is the case, even this card will be for you and I advise you to buy one if that comes true.

We will just have to wait and see, and pray they can manage to update it for compatibility with 6.x.x :yaynds:

1) You are right, But even doe if this the first flashcart, If it requires you to stay in one specific firmware and does not let you to play new roms that requires new firmware, Price should not be the same.
2)You are right, Still, playing shitty games you can discover a great game, But is not the same as playing Essentialw.
3) Well you could do the same i will do, Use 1 3ds for online, use another one for offline.
4 It ''MAY'' be. Just... Don;t be expect a lot from a First 3ds Rom Flashcard, Is better to be surprised than dissapointed.

Reactions: WhiteMaze

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WTF...In stock
Read the description, it says it has a rolling shipping date, earliest is early July.
It means they are already doing preorders but will not ship.
2zyy004.jpg
Yep they say the same as the GateWay people.
Above is the rest of the site, they also say DON'T PREORDER because there is still no exact releasedate...in a nutshell..

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
1) You are right, But even doe if this the first flashcart, If it requires you to stay in one specific firmware and does not let you to play new roms that requires new firmware, Price should not be the same.
2)You are right, Still, playing shitty games you can discover a great game, But is not the same as playing Essentialw.
3) Well you could do the same i will do, Use 1 3ds for online, use another one for offline.
4 It ''MAY'' be. Just... Don;t be expect a lot from a First 3ds Rom Flashcard, Is better to be surprised than dissapointed.

In response to your post:

1- Ah. That is a whole different matter. You did not mention you had something against the price. With that, I can agree. IF the card is released with its current limitations ( save problems and not working in the newest firmware ), I absolutely agree that it should not be that expensive.

2- I have my 3DS and only 1 game (Super Mario Land 3D) and an R4i card. So to me, any 3DS game will be worth playing.

3- Well yes, I have considered that. If I can, I will buy another 3DS later on, probably a second-hand one.

4- Again, I totally agree with that. It is best to expect the worse and be surprised than to expect the best and be disappointing. However I am NOT expecting it to work on the new firmware. At least not so soon. As long as it can play many many games that I do not have, I am okay with it.

lolwatpear

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
This flashcart was obviously developed by one of the other major flashcart companies that only work with NDS games. Think about it, why wouldn't they want to have capabilities of NDS and 3DS? No one would buy any other flashcart as they'd have no competition. However, they want you to buy 2 flashcarts for around $150. That's a joke.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The Save Data Transfer Tool is as the name implies, a one way transfer from your game cartridge to the eShop version of the game.

The Save Data Transfer Tool doesn't do the following:
game cart -> game cart
game cart -> eShop version -> game cart
eShop -> game cart

Your save on the game cart is deleted after it has been transfered. That is why people tell you to use any 3rd party tool to dump your save for backup, like the R4 dongle, NDS Adaptor Plus, etc. You can backup your save on certain games that used the older SDK save format.

broie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't normally bother posting but I've been watching this thread and sent my own email to Gateway and here was their response.

gatew.png

XDKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't usually post on forums, but this one got me a bit agitated. Here's a email I sent out to Gateway about some issues that seem to be hard for people to grapple.
Capture.PNG

And just saying to those that are talking about the value of all those games is greater than the gateway; even though that's true, please make note that the only games your allowed to play are the ones you own, "backup" if you recall, and imposing piracy is frowned upon, especially in this public forum. ;)

LeSnake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I for one appreciate the email screenshots, thanks. Let's wait and hope for the best, at least he said the save function is good.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
And just saying to those that are talking about the value of all those games is greater than the gateway; even though that's true, please make note that the only games your allowed to play are the ones you own, "backup" if you recall, and imposing piracy is frowned upon, especially in this public forum. ;)
GBATemp is a site about hacking game systems. It started out as a ROM hosting site (stopped for legal reasons obviously), but people help with patching games and updating loaders to play new games and shit all the time.

XDKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's fine and all. I'm just saying that Pirating is frowned upon. Downloading a rom if you have the game or the license was removed is fine; and I didn't say anything against helping one another with rom-related actions. And the calculation should really only be based on what games you own, not what one could have. XD

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
To the Gateway team:

Please release the flashcard on the next 2 weeks as stated.

If you do not, I shall personally wipe you all out of this planet using Katana's and a Magnum.

Sincerely,
The Guy that wants to play 3DS games

Reactions: Luhof and XDKing

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

XDKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got another email stating their Is no final date, only by the end of this month. (Most likely the last day at midnight XD) If you would like another photo, too lazy! xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.