Hacking Gateway 3.0 : "Ultra"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To all those with SPI FAILS after the hardware upgrade: Do games still work and save? If so, then it could be a bug in the diagnostics. If it's a real SPI FAIL, games won't work.

My Gateway card tested as SPI Failed. It doesn't load the roms on my 2DS but it seems to work fine in my 3DS XL.

bartekowca666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Its only been an hour and this thread should already be closed. Gateway shouldn't have anymore "Public Betas" because people as a collective unit are retarded. Separately they can use their brains but together, if one person fucks up then his/her mentality poisons everyone else. Also blobox you need to be updating the OP every 5 minutes with FAQ's (or at least a link to the FAQ's thread) so people won't run around with their heads cut off like turkeys on a Thanksgiving conveyor belt. Post the SPI explanation gamesquest1 said to ease tension. 2Hack control your army of the undead, they need a leader and they listen to you. Veho Bortz get your asses in here and start deleting the troublemakers...

GOD DAMN this shit wouldn't be flying if I was the OP I can tell you that:angry:. I gotta do everything.

THE TRUTH HAS BEEN SPOKEN

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
Dont know if this been asked can i play downloaded cia after turning off the system then playing them on normal mode?

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To all those with SPI FAILS after the hardware upgrade: Do games still work and save? If so, then it could be a bug in the diagnostics. If it's a real SPI FAIL, games won't work.

Games seem to load and save fine for me. I got the error in diagnostics.
its confirmed that its a false error for most people, unless you had the issue at 2.7 already

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For me too, but I guess you can at least boot into gateway mode right?

Yes, that's working fine and another poster tested and went back to 2.7 then it passed again. So it's nothing to be concerned about right now. Phew.

EDIT: the old 'DevMenu' is no longer working for me on 3.0

EDIT2: If I replace the Launcher.dat for the older 2.7 version, the system thinks there is no GW card inserted and the tests fail (except SPI read). I'm not going to re-FPGA-flash it (right button).

Cartman401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
First, thank you REALLY much for trying to help me, I appreciate this a lot :) I've tried it several times now, just stays black. I guess it really is broken, isn't it?

When you launch the exploit in the browser, hold down R and keep it held down.

This then prompts you to reflash your gateway card again. Do it and try that again - it fixed the black screen for me.

Xenophy

!Core Member of Gatewait HYPE TRAIN!
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Diagnostic test is to check if your cart is functioning properly.
but this firmware shows SPI error. False error though.

I really dont get what u all want with ur spi errors
I dont get any error at all actually :) I just tested it four times... and everytime all fine :D

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Guys chill. It's JUST THE MOST LONG AWAITED UPDATE FROM GW!!!!!! WE GOT EMUNAND LIKE I PROMISED, AND WE GOT MOAR!

Also, tomorrow they will probably be the downgrade packages and info about it.

thennnn they will release N3DS support last. They got some issues with bricking, so gotta wait on it.

Anyways, there is the hype thread in the EoF for us! lets hype over there!

Reactions: tjexp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already