Hacking Gateway 2.0 Beta Firmware RELEASED!

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i have some question:

Is possible play retail games with gw "emuNand"?
is real that: emunand update not work from <4,5 fw?

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As babidi from DBZ would say what a beautiful arrogant selfish piece of work I love it its beautiful GW rules but will they also dump the Nintendo 2DS & DSi Nand files & enable them on GW please

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They removed game dumping, one of the only things they teased in the first teaser back on October 2nd, and retail card support doesn't work with region-free? Ughh.
Was waiting for 2.0 so I could play an undumped imported game. :(

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Anyone else freezing randomly after home close ?? hangs on closing zelda and save didnt copy to SD, and i like the look of the GW3D 6.3.0-12E, at least i wont get the random prompts lol, and it helped have the update already in the nand, didnt take long, anyway i posted earlier a list of most common answers to questions that seem to be getting asked over and over

1) All roms will play (except nand save) on either SystemNAND and EmuNAND via new Launcher (SDK 5.x Icon location patching done)
2) Eshop on EmuNAND allows buying and playing of titles
3) No online Play
4) Most people experiences more freezes than before or freezes for first time, stuck at grey lines / screen stays black, some have more issues booting into GW mode using GUI, other cant boot into GW mode without using GUI, fragmentation is sometimes the issue, after formatting EmuNAND (which formats SD, havent had 1 freeze)
5) Classic mode allows playback of retail carts, Meaning if original cart needs higher than 4.5X, you must have EmuNAND active and updated or will be prompted to update
6) 1x REPORT OF RETAIL ZELDA CARTS SAVES BEING WIPED ON RUNNING IN CLASSIC MODE
7) Multiple reports of Zelda Hanging trying to transfer save to SD
8) Backing out of system Settings will always return you to SysNAND, even in EmuNAND, also once you have updated your EmuNAND, you will be returned to SysNAND, not the updated emuNAND, So anytime you are in system settings with emunand, you need to run profile hack again to stay in that mode
9) 2x Confirmations that Pokemon retail Cart plays fine via EmuNAND, no save issues, works as it should

Reactions: TinyBilbo

EvilGamerX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, after you format the EmuNAND onto the SD card, is there any way to access that unpartitioned section to restore the backed up files (such as older gateway saves)?

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey guys, after you format the EmuNAND onto the SD card, is there any way to access that unpartitioned section to restore the backed up files (such as older gateway saves)?

It is repartioned, after format you are left with a 1 gig smaller sd card called GATEWAYNAND with just the launcher and the stuff data management creates, copy your saves back to here like normal

D

Deleted User

Doesn't sound like GW 2.0 is all it's cracked up to be.

well they do say it's a beta and it seems the team was being pressured to release something now

anyway better something than nothing, and all games are working now (except nand saving)

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
They where pushed to early release, hence basically all beta testing it, once they iron out all the bugs etc, should be fine, i havent had a freeze since formatting EMUNAND, but i only used GUI to backup NAND and prepare it, otherwise i just click profile and it has entered EmuNAND GW mode everytime

EvilGamerX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is repartioned, after format you are left with a 1 gig smaller sd card called GATEWAYNAND with just the launcher and the stuff data management creates, copy your saves back to here like normal

That's how I thought it should work, but when I put my SD card in my computer, I only get one partition/letter appear, and Windows gives me the "You must format this drive to use it. Should I just reformat the card in Windows and then format the NAND again?

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) I copied the Launcher.dat and *immediately* got grey lines after I restarted (I restarted a second time and it booted properly) so it seems that the grey lines are not caused by the EmuNAND part.

2) They say that you can "use a fresh new SD card to run the Format emuNAND step". When I tried to switch SD cards while on the Gateway menu, the 3DS locked up, so the only way this will work is if you also copy a Launcher.dat to the SD card ahead of time and boot with that card already in place (unless it's coincidence that my 3Ds locked up at that point).

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Worked great until I tried to close Zelda from the Home Menu where it got stuck on Closing software, which also made me lose all progress :( Also I sometimes get the white-grey striped screen when trying to enter GW mode, but it seems like, for me atleast, trying to enter GW mode with the blue gw card increases booting chances, probably just something I'm imagining though. No emuNAND on 4.3 here :)

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
Doesn't sound like GW 2.0 is all it's cracked up to be.
You are the kind of person making this hard for them.

They only released a public BETA as they were pressured, then when it'sreleased people complain. They can't win with you, can they?

jbeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a little confused as to how to use the emuNand. I installed it on the SD card, now what? After I update it, can I use my Gateway card while loaded into emuNand? Will having updated firmware on the emuNand make the Gateway card not work while running it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1