Hacking Gateway 2.0 Beta Firmware RELEASED!

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Worked great until I tried to close Zelda from the Home Menu where it got stuck on Closing software, which also made me lose all progress :( Also I sometimes get the white-grey striped screen when trying to enter GW mode, but it seems like, for me atleast, trying to enter GW mode with the blue gw card increases booting chances, probably just something I'm imagining though. No emuNAND on 4.3 here :)

Same here, Zelda hangs everytime after home close, not just on 4.X but on EmuNAND too, and to previous poster, yes all SDK 5.x roms work... Only the 3 NAND save titles dont, but 100% rom compatibility isnt too far off :)

I'm a little confused as to how to use the emuNand. I installed it on the SD card, now what? After I update it, can I use my Gateway card while loaded into emuNand? Will having updated firmware on the emuNand make the Gateway card not work while running it?

You backup your NAND, then format it, now whenever you boot into GW mode, if you go into system settings you will see a GW3D prefix before version number, you are still in GW mode, and can play all roms etc, the whole purpose is so this Emulated NAND can be updated to 6.3 with all the neccessary GW patches in place, which wasnt possible on your system menu, this will allow E shop, No update prompts (if you have it in memory) Buying and playing of Eshop titles, and most importantly to some, allow play of retail games needing higher than 4.5 in classic mode, the EmuNAND portion isnt essential as the same games work via SysNAND and EmuNAND, but its probably worthwhile for all users to back up NAND and copy it to computer, as then if the worst happens you can downgrade with a bit of work

jbeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You backup your NAND, then format it, now whenever you boot into GW mode, if you go into system settings you will see a GW3D prefix before version number, you are still in GW mode, and can play all roms etc, the whole purpose is so this Emulated NAND can be updated to 6.3 with all the neccessary GW patches in place, which wasnt possible on your system menu, this will allow E shop, No update prompts (if you have it in memory) Buying and playing of Eshop titles, and most importantly to some, allow play of retail games needing higher than 4.5 in classic mode, the EmuNAND portion isnt essential as the same games work via SysNAND and EmuNAND, but its probably worthwhile for all users to back up NAND and copy it to computer, as then if the worst happens you can downgrade with a bit of work

Ok, I was just wondering if the Gateway exploit was blocked on the firmware whether it be emunand or sysnand. I thought maybe people just wanted a safe way to do 6.3 stuff not involving the gateway red card.

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
in Zelda what happens if you talk to the character that does the online battle thing? does the game freeze or get stuck?

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
this seemed like the easiest route, to allow 6.3 access, and maybe the only way ever.. but still requires a base of 4.1-4.5, even if this came out without the emuNAND, all the same games work now because of the launcher updates

EvilGamerX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reformatted my SD card after not having access to it on my Windows machine, how my 2GB sd card can only be formatted to 851MB. Did I fry my SD card? Or does Gateway have EmuNAND hidden on the card?

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I reformatted my SD card after not having access to it on my Windows machine, how my 2GB sd card can only be formatted to 851MB. Did I fry my SD card? Or does Gateway have EmuNAND hidden on the card?

The EmuNAND is hidden and unavailable on a windows machine, your card will just become 1 gig smaller and the available partition will be renamed GATEWAYNAND

Ok guys, SO im so confused, what's classic mode? And is there anyway of playing my retail pokemon cart without losing the data?

Classic mode allows playback of retail carts, meaning for pokemon you will need to run it via an updated emunand or it will prompt for an update, however there has been a report of someones save being lost trying with zelda, there has been no confirmation yet on how the NAND based carts run in classic mode and whether save data is available and safe

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do Animal Crossing and Pokemon save to the real NAND or the emuNAND? If they save to the emuNAND, you would probably be able to duplicate Pokemon.

speedy2721

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to update my EMUnand but it just stalls. I left the update running for over half an hour and the progress bar hasn't moved from about 10%. Has anyone had this issue and is there a way to fix this?

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Do Animal Crossing and Pokemon save to the real NAND or the emuNAND? If they save to the emuNAND, you would probably be able to duplicate Pokemon.

Pokemon would save to the EmuNAND as you cant play the roms yet, so you are either playing eshop version or retail cart in classic mode, both via EmuNAND

TwilightWarrior, i answered you above, someone said their cart was blanked save wise trying to play in classic mode, game in question was Zelda, then again Zelda, wont save regardless of what i do, it just hangs when i home close, Someone with Pokemon or ACNL would have to test in classic mode whether this is indeed the case or if Zelda has something else causing it, maybe test another 3DS game that you dont care about saves to see if it is indeed the case, but then again Pokemon and ACNL are different

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon would save to the EmuNAND as you cant play the roms yet, so you are either playing eshop version or retail cart in classic mode, both via EmuNAND

Right, and the EmuNAND's stored on the SD card, so you would be able to backup or duplicate your save data, thus spawning new pokemon.

frown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm curious to know more about the reported save loss bug on retail carts while in "classic mode".
I guess most of you guys don't have any actual games to test with to confirm? ;P
(I don't either; Nor a Gateway, but I've installed the emuNand stuff for 6.3 access :lol: )

EvilGamerX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The EmuNAND is hidden and unavailable on a windows machine, your card will just become 1 gig smaller and the available partition will be renamed GATEWAYNAND

That didn't happen for me, I formatted the NAND, Windows said my SD card needed to be formatted. I formatted it, this time only having 851MB free of the 2GB card. Restored all of my backed up data. Went into Gateway mode and instead of having the GW3D 4.5.0, it shows the normal Ver. 4.5.0. I'm going to try Formatting the NAND again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 🫂