OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
does anyone else think that it's about time we got a fully playable update to these gems:

SMB3-Gamewatch.jpg

3532251419_8945dc3c93.jpg

the technology is inexpensive enough for them to do it especcially if it is in greyscale, fully playable Super Mario Land? Tetris? Metroid II? Final Fantasy Adventure?

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
Not nor nothing but that 2nd pic, the Gameboy watch, isn't a game watch just a GB-shaped watch with a simple LCD display.

That said, I'd love some new Game-N-Watches (or even some good-quality old ones...where's my eBay?...). I'm always seeing those "classic" LCD games at Target & Wal*Mart so why not make them wrist-wearable instead of just keychained?

ZER∅

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol I am aware that the second pic is just a watch, and I used to have one of the first pic. when I was very young. I like the second pic more becuase it illustrates what I would like to see: Game Boy mono games incorporated into a watch. The first pic. is more akin to what your describing lcd games, but I owned that 15 years ago. I want full fledged Game Boy games on a stylish wrist watch.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nah. Its pretty much pointless. The DS is portable enough. Just emulate those classic titles. Not to mention you won't look as nerdy with a DS then a Nintendo watch.

ZER∅

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The DS is huge! Thats one of the reasons I prefer my trusty pocket-sized
gbasp2.gif
and the micro (why no micro smiley? GBAtemp has got no love for the micro?) Anyway I just want a wrist watched sized Game Boy capable of:

1) Separating from the band
2) Holding one full fledged fully playable GB mono title
3) Telling me what time it is.

Is that so much to ask Nintendo? It's not like i'm asking for downloadable content or cartridges.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZER? said:
Is that so much to ask Nintendo? It's not like i'm asking for downloadable content or cartridges.
It kind of is. All though there is pretty much no game development for your idea it could possible be more expensive. There would be no need to mass produce or distribute anything which can be VERY expensive. And for the watch Nintendo would have to make a deal with a watch manufacturer becasue theres no way their going to dedicate and entire factory for maybe three style of watches rather then mass producing a cart. If they cut a deal they would have to split the profit as well. So no watch.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know how making it very unconformable and almost plain unplayable "challenging"

besides making you look like a total dork/nerd/ect while using such a device

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
Dark_linis said:
playing those games with the fingers of one had would be really hard.

You think that's bad, try using (and not breaking!) a tiny joystick for Pac-Man;

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Nelsonic/PacMan.htm

...thankfully, it came with 4 joysticks as the little pin that stuck into the hole would usually snap off (or one would lose the tiny joysticks.)

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still own what probably was the best of the Nelsonic watches... The Legend of Zelda. It had 9 dungeon stages, each you had to go through various rooms, had the sword, shield, bombs, boomerang, and I think the bow and arrow (batteries dead or I'd check.) It came in a few shades, but mine as in the picture below is black.

zelda-gamewatch.jpg

ZER∅

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vampire said:
I still own what probably was the best of the Nelsonic watches... The Legend of Zelda. It had 9 dungeon stages, each you had to go through various rooms, had the sword, shield, bombs, boomerang, and I think the bow and arrow (batteries dead or I'd check.) It came in a few shades, but mine as in the picture below is black.

zelda-gamewatch.jpg

acording to Wikipedia your Zelda game watch sold over 12 million units! I looked for one on ebay but they are between 50$ -100$, so i'll just have to wait on that.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, it really got around. I used to have the gold painted keychain re-release of the Zelda Game and Watch too. I think it's partly because, maybe greatly because it's Zelda people love it so much, but it really wasn't all that good even for a LCD game sadly.

I used to have a few of the old Tiger electronics things too like Megaman II, Castlevania II, Karnov, Baseball, and a friend with Karnov and they were far more interesting. I think MM2 was the most advanced as it really played much like the NES game and you could collect all the weapons from it too and it had Wily and the big dragon.

I still have 2 Coleco tabletops though of DK and DKjr which are awesome, and the Excalibur Electronics re-do of Frogger which I think is superior (and i love it has a sound mute and score save off 2 AAs.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly