Full vWii Softmod

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by asper, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Torito Verdejo

Torito Verdejo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2016
    Hi, I followed the tutorial and everything but one thing worked just fine, and it's driving me mad. I'm trying to use a 16 Gb USB stick formated by WBFS Manager 3.0 with Animal Crossing installed on it but every time I try to launch WiiFlow, USBLoader or USBLoader GX I get stuck. Whenever one of this programs try to access my USB stick they slow down, almost freezing, so I never get to load any game since, for example, USBLoader never gets to copy config.txt or mount blablawthing. If I disconnect the device, they speed up again (but of course, this is worth nothing) and if I retry to get it read, the program dies again. I really don't understand what I am doing wrong.

Thank you very much.

Last edited by Torito Verdejo, Jun 8, 2016
  2. craftsk8

craftsk8 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Hi! install CIOS V53 alt. Format your flash to FAT32 in WBM(WiiBackupManager), and put your game on it in format *.wbfs through WBM.
    as example
    (USBFlash)g:\wbfs\Wii Party_[SUPE01].wbfs
    I recommend you do the update storage convention in WBM for right naming of files. Don't forget mark your games before do this.
    tools/FAT32\NTFS/Update storage convention
    I use a SD card 128gb in FAT32 format it's work perfectly.

3. Jaime Hilaire

Jaime Hilaire Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    United States
    I used The Bathaxx exploit and it tells me that the SD card is not found and that USBGecko isnt loading. Are there any files i need beside the private folder? and what should i have in the private folder? I've been trying Smash Stack for the past 2 or 3 days, and it never went to the code, it just stayed on stage builder. I've watched at least 10 different tutorial videos. I deleted the custom stages, I formatted my SD cards, I made sure that they were SD cards and not SDHC, and nothing ever happened. And I just started trying with Lego Batman Yesterday afternoon (June 22nd, 2016 from around 6pm to 10pm) and nothing is working, I get the same "SD card not found, USB Gecko wont load" message. Someone please help

4. vree

vree GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2005
    Belgium
    Could you make a folow up to this guide how to make gamecube games work after all these steps?

-thanks in advance.

Or if someone knows a better guide that explains how to hack vwii and play backup wii and gamecube games that would be nice.

Back in the days there where perfect guides for this on the wii. Why is there no noob friendly version of this for the wiiU???

Last edited by vree, Jun 27, 2016
  5. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I think that the Nintendont OP basically has everything you'd need to know...

6. CJB100

CJB100 Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair

May 8, 2016
    United States
    USA
    Why no one put my guide here?? >.< https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/

EDIT:: Just took a look at the dates, why the hell is this in my notifications..? [​IMG]

Last edited by CJB100, Jul 1, 2016
  7. Zoninn

Zoninn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2016
    United States
    when trying to download xyzzy.rar Google chrome flags it as malware and doesn't let me download it. Was just wondering if this is expected or something is wrong.

8. CJB100

CJB100 Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair

May 8, 2016
    United States
    USA
    Ok well first did you see the link just above where you posted? Second there's a way to turn that off in your browser settings.

9. Zoninn

Zoninn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2016
    United States
    yeah, i'm using that guide now. downloaded it from there. thanks

10. SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot Shalashaska

Aug 4, 2016
    Canada
    Kamurocho
    BlueDump Mod will not allow me to dump my IOSs... it just asks which i want to load and then says error can't find shared1/"something" and then auto exits.

if it matters i used the Indiana Pwns exploit instead of Bathaxx. not sure what i'm doing wrong here cuz i'm following the guide to the letter....

11. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Sounds like some files may be missing from SD card, or SD card may be going bad. Have you tried re-copying files over, or even try downloading files from a different source?

12. SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot Shalashaska

Aug 4, 2016
    Canada
    Kamurocho
    Yes I redownloaded them from another source that someone had posted earlier and that fixed it. Thanks much!

Maximilious likes this.
  13. laz305

laz305 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2008
    United States
    Does this work on 5.5.1?

14. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
  15. lebrawurschd

lebrawurschd GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2016
    Gambia, The
  16. gatorman420

gatorman420 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    United States
    Did the IOS stuff , vwii works , but VC wii games in Wiiu freeze after title screen is shown , sysnand with sig patch , games our on USB ...

17. djpimpek

djpimpek Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2016
    Poland
    Lego Batman savegame exploit; download and extract data.bin in folder SD :\private\wii\title\RLBX (X is a variable letter related to your Lego Batman Wii region: E = PAL, P = NTSC, J = JAP) <-- (necessary to launch vWii executable files from the root of SD card)

There is a mistake:
    E- Isn't PAL - this is NTSC.
    P=PAL. Check this.

18. Rabada34

Rabada34 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    France
    Hello I did the vWii hacking and successfuly play GC Games like Simpson Hit&Run and Mario Kart DD, thanks u !!

The problem is that I have a 2TB HDD plugged in the rear of my Wii U formated in FAT32 with a wbfs folder with 2 Wii games (Mario Kart Wii and DB Budokai Tenkashi 3)
    When I launch USB Loader Gx, my HDD isn't detected, in the hard drive settings is writen "game install partition : not initialized" I tried with all ports of my Wii U, tried with an USB stick but its still doesnt detect any USB support. My SD card is detected..

What should I do ? How can I post a syscheck ? Thanks

19. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I helped in the other thread.
    I don't know which tutorial you followed, but you should stick with only one thread when you seek help, it will help other users too (knowing what have already been suggested to you, what you tried, etc)

20. kolosus

kolosus GBAtemp Regular

Jul 14, 2010
    United States
    Someone help me please. Trying this out and have all the right tools finally but problem is when I download d2x-v10-beta52-vWii and open the file it is blank. As in nothing inside the archive. I've tried downloading this from both linux and windows. Both cases the downloaded archive when opened is blank.

Forget it. Found another thread. The Definitive vWii Hacking Guide!. Using that one. More details but very understandable.

Last edited by kolosus, Feb 13, 2017