Full vWii Softmod

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by asper, Dec 26, 2012.

Dec 26, 2012

Full vWii Softmod by asper at 5:24 PM (413,467 Views / 21 Likes) 559 replies

1. Sora1995

Newcomer Sora1995 Newbie

United States
    I can't seem to select d2x v10. It stops at v6. Any suggestions?

2. PetitMagique

Newcomer PetitMagique Advanced Member

United States
    Your ciosmaps.xml file is probably incorrect. I followed this guide as well and was unable to select the d2x v10 files. You can edit it yourself, the structure is obvious once you open it, or download this package from another tutorial:

https://sites.google.com/site/compl...2x-cIOS-Installer-vWii.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Also take a look at this tutorial (just pay attention to specific instructions for wiiu), as it cleared up a lot of my questions. Also make sure to install v52 to 249 and v53-alt to 250 and 251 or wiiflow will not work.

Tutorial: https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation

Last edited by PetitMagique, May 14, 2016
  3. JoCheung2

Newcomer JoCheung2 Newbie

United States
    I used the LEGO Batman exploit for my vWii, but after the exploit I accidentally clicked exit instead of following the rest of the steps for backing up the system and installing homebrew. When I restarted the game to redo the exploit it says:

This installer cannot continue!

There is no usable or vulnerable IOS installed on this Wii. Please note that we will not use fakesigned IOSes due to security reasons.

Is there a way for me to continue through the steps or am I pretty much screwed from here?

4. nabbestia

Newcomer nabbestia Newbie

Italy
    Hi, I'm buying lego batman , but I would like to know if the exploit is still working in 5.5.x firmware, thanks

5. Jakic007

Newcomer Jakic007 Advanced Member

Croatia
    Yes, it does because vWii firmware is not updated. Just Wii U firmware.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

nabbestia likes this.
  6. robertorpg94

Member robertorpg94 GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    in my installation does not appear to \ d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii option in the selection heats, but dx2-v6, what should I do?

7. PetitMagique

Newcomer PetitMagique Advanced Member

United States
    See my post below:

8. phant0mg33k

Newcomer phant0mg33k Advanced Member

United States
    Awesome TUT using this on 5.5.1 I was able to use my old wii WBFS drive with brawl on it right after I was done with this TUT. The HBC forwarded wad is needed if you want HD the first install of it it will be HD until you reboot. Still none the less, vWii hacking reminds me a lot of playing with TN-V on the vita. Thanks again man

9. ChicagoMel

Member ChicagoMel GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Has this been tested on 5.5.1?

Do I need a separate SD card or can the files go on the Wii U card? Edit: ok blank is better, I'll buy one. Which is the type I need? Or, what do y'all use?

And can I achieve playing gc games this way?

Last edited by ChicagoMel, May 22, 2016
  10. Shinigati

Member Shinigati GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I just followed this guide and after getting a 2GB SD card everything went smoothly but i do have a question, i am aware that playing with ios or cios can quite easily brick the vwii but is this the same with wad channels like homebrew forwarders?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You will definitely need a 2gb or lower sd to install the hbc and after that you can use any size sd or sdhc card.

11. panther666

Member panther666 GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    del

Last edited by panther666, May 24, 2016
  12. craftsk8

Newcomer craftsk8 Member

Russia
    I do dumping NAND by Dump Mii NAND. The process freeze on 3316 / 4096 and not moves 4 hour already. I use 512 mb sdcard. I guess it's not enough space for create a dump file. But system don't telling me anything and won't going in reboot. What should I do now? Switch power off? It'll not going to brick vWii if i do this?
    PS: sorry for my english ^___^

13. TotalInsanity4

Member TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

United States
    Nothings being modified, just read, so you should be able to safely pull the plug. To get a good NAND dump you'll need at least 512mb of FREE space on the SD card, so I'd recommend at least a 2gb card if you have other stuff on it as well

14. Xen0

Member Xen0 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Can I do this whole process on the Gamepad as TV?

15. TotalInsanity4

United States
    Yes, *but* you need an HDMI cable plugged into the Wii U to access vWii

Xen0 likes this.
  16. Xen0

Member Xen0 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    actually I didn't even need an HDMI cable. Could just press + on Wii mote and everything went smoothly c:

17. TotalInsanity4

United States
    Oh fancy! Didn't know that was a thing you could do ^_^

18. Bonovox40

Member Bonovox40 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So I followed the tut and everything went fine. Had some trouble seeing the d2x v10 cios file, and then ended up copying it earlier in the SD card path, and it was eventually found.
    One strange occurance is after doing the 3 ios file installs and telling the system to reboot, it froze on a black screen, requiring me to pull the plug. Same thing when dumping the nand using the dump mii nand tool per tutorial.

Only issue I have now is that usb loader gx fails to detect my external hdd. 2TB drive formatted as FAT32. The wii backup manager seems to only see the drive if I choose the "find folder" drop down, and browse to the drive's root. (as opposed to the manager natively seeing my PC's internal HDD's)

Besides that, I can transfer over ISO and wbfs files to the drive, and see respective disc covers and such. The hard drive enclosure is using a single USB plug data cable (in the rear-topmost port) BUT the enclosure is AC powered and plugged into an outlet. So technically, it shouldn't be a question of not drawing enough power. (BUT I could test a dual usb Y cable sometime later if the wii U really does require a 2 plug USB cable to work)

Should I change the drive format to FAT or is it possible i'm not loading files correctly on the manager program?

19. TotalInsanity4

United States
    In USB Loader GX settings, try switching port number from "0" to "1" and messing around with what port the drive is plugged into until you get it working. Then don't touch it so it won't fall apart lol

20. Bonovox40

Member Bonovox40 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So I switched out for a 2 port usb plug and the HDD was detected now, so that's all good. I just don't get why the 1 port USB didn't work? (because it also has AC power to the enclosure)
    Only annoying this is it HAS to still use the AC power. This enclosure can't be powered by the 2 Wii U usb ports. Oh well.
    I still want to try the single port USB cable one more time to test if it was a loose connection or really needed a dual cable.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.