Issue reinstalling base 56, slot 249 on vwii (and... "semi-bricked"?)

MoeNellow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello. First post - longtime lurker, amazed for years by the quality of people, posts, info.
This time I'm afraid I need to show up to ask some help.

Happy owner of a PAL WiiU, Tiramisu'ed with no issues. Hacked the vwii too some years ago. I followed the classic vwii-modding guide.
Jolly times! USB Loader GX, WiiFlow Lite, all fine and working.
But then. THEN some days ago I decided to delve into the sick world of Rock Band 3 DLCs. I won't go in detail here (that's for another post for sure!) but the results of countless nights of fiddling is that game slot 249 is no more working. USB Loader kindly tells me that I don't have it at all.

I went back to the guide, and tried to use d2x-cios-installer to set things straight:
  • Select cIOS: v10 beta52 d2x-v10-beta52-vWii
  • Select cIOS base: 56
  • Select cIOS slot: 249
But...
0a334d30-05ec-4152-9933-9da54ce80dbe.jpg

OUCH. in my silly frenziness I must have used WiiModLite to change IOS mixing stuff. Unfortunately I don't remember what I did.

Question 1 is: is there a procedure to have my 249 back despite what d2x-cios-installer rightfully says?

During my RB3 tests, I tried A LOT of stuff - perfect disastrous newbie recipe. One app gave me this scary piece of info:

semi-brick.jpg

I did not really do anything with AnyTitleDeleter, but that "maybe you are in a semi-brick state" made me wonder if I did more mistakes, even longtime ago, which I simply never realized.

Question 2 is: how can I fix this region mismatch?
If it can help: on the Syscheck website the id of my log is fLfCAJbM (can't link it as it's my first msg here)

Thank you in advance - you rock!

MN

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello. First post - longtime lurker, amazed for years by the quality of people, posts, info.
This time I'm afraid I need to show up to ask some help.

Happy owner of a PAL WiiU, Tiramisu'ed with no issues. Hacked the vwii too some years ago. I followed the classic vwii-modding guide.
Jolly times! USB Loader GX, WiiFlow Lite, all fine and working.
But then. THEN some days ago I decided to delve into the sick world of Rock Band 3 DLCs. I won't go in detail here (that's for another post for sure!) but the results of countless nights of fiddling is that game slot 249 is no more working. USB Loader kindly tells me that I don't have it at all.

I went back to the guide, and tried to use d2x-cios-installer to set things straight:
  • Select cIOS: v10 beta52 d2x-v10-beta52-vWii
  • Select cIOS base: 56
  • Select cIOS slot: 249
But...
View attachment 347625

OUCH. in my silly frenziness I must have used WiiModLite to change IOS mixing stuff. Unfortunately I don't remember what I did.

Question 1 is: is there a procedure to have my 249 back despite what d2x-cios-installer rightfully says?

During my RB3 tests, I tried A LOT of stuff - perfect disastrous newbie recipe. One app gave me this scary piece of info:

View attachment 347627

I did not really do anything with AnyTitleDeleter, but that "maybe you are in a semi-brick state" made me wonder if I did more mistakes, even longtime ago, which I simply never realized.

Question 2 is: how can I fix this region mismatch?
If it can help: on the Syscheck website the id of my log is fLfCAJbM (can't link it as it's my first msg here)

Thank you in advance - you rock!

MN
I think you've replaced your vWii IOS56 (and possibly other IOS) with Wii ones, which don't work on the Wii U. cIOS installer rightly fails because the IOS version doesn't match what is expected for or supported by vWii.
Wii Mod Lite is for Wii, NOT Wii U. Never follow guides intended for Wii or use homebrew tools intended for Wii if you don't know what you're doing. Most things for Wii work on vWii, notable exceptions being installing Wii system menu on vWii, installing Priiloader, installing Wii IOS on vWii, or using homebrew forwarders that were made for Wii. All of these things can easily brick the vWii except for the forwarders. You probably overwrote some IOS with it which installed the Wii versions.

Post a sysCheck: https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Reactions: MoeNellow

MoeNellow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think you've replaced your vWii IOS56 (and possibly other IOS) with Wii ones, which don't work on the Wii U. cIOS installer rightly fails because the IOS version doesn't match what is expected for or supported by vWii.
Wii Mod Lite is for Wii, NOT Wii U. Never follow guides intended for Wii or use homebrew tools intended for Wii if you don't know what you're doing. Most things for Wii work on vWii, notable exceptions being installing Wii system menu on vWii, installing Priiloader, installing Wii IOS on vWii, or using homebrew forwarders that were made for Wii. All of these things can easily brick the vWii except for the forwarders. You probably overwrote some IOS with it which installed the Wii versions.

Post a sysCheck:
Alas, you're so right and I learned the hard way - I'm usually very cautious, but this time, eager to make this or that wad work, I simply lost it and started trying random stuff with IOSses, way beyond my safe knowledge area.

... and that's why I'm here, to ask the pros rather than improvising:D

Here's the SysCheck. Poor base 56.

SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...appoggiato all'vIOS58 (v. 6432).

Regione: PAL
Menu di sistema 4.3E (v610)

Data unita': 28.06.2011
Canale Homebrew 1.1.2 appoggiato all'IOS58

Hollywood v0x21
ID console: 605400643
Tipo Console: vWii
Paese canale Shop: Italy (83)
Boot2 v0
Trovati 123 giochi.
Trovati 34 IOS in questa console. 0 di questi sono stubs.

vIOS9 (rev 1290): Non patchato
vIOS12 (rev 782): Non patchato
vIOS13 (rev 1288): Non patchato
vIOS14 (rev 1288): Non patchato
vIOS15 (rev 1288): Non patchato
vIOS17 (rev 1288): Non patchato
vIOS21 (rev 1295): Non patchato
vIOS22 (rev 1550): Non patchato
vIOS28 (rev 2063): Non patchato
vIOS31 (rev 3864): Non patchato
vIOS33 (rev 3864): Non patchato
vIOS34 (rev 3864): Non patchato
vIOS35 (rev 3864): Non patchato
vIOS36 (rev 3864): Non patchato
vIOS37 (rev 5919): Non patchato
vIOS38 (rev 4380): Non patchato
vIOS41 (rev 3863): Non patchato
vIOS43 (rev 3863): Non patchato
vIOS45 (rev 3863): Non patchato
vIOS46 (rev 3863): Non patchato
vIOS48 (rev 4380): Non patchato
vIOS53 (rev 5919): Non patchato
vIOS55 (rev 5919): Non patchato
IOS56 (rev 5661): Non patchato
vIOS57 (rev 6175): Non patchato
vIOS58 (rev 6432): USB 2.0
vIOS59 (rev 9249): Non patchato
vIOS62 (rev 6942): Non patchato
vIOS80 (rev 7200): Non patchato
vIOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, Identificazione ES, Accesso NAND
vIOS250[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52-vWii): Trucha Bug, Accesso NAND
vIOS251[58] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52-vWii): Trucha Bug, Accesso NAND
vIOS512 (rev 7): Non patchato
vIOS513 (rev 1): Non patchato
Rapporto generato il 16.01.2023.

If there's something I can do to put that (v)IOS56 back on track...
Thanks again for your support.

MN

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi MN,

IOS56 is wrong (probably Wii one); you need to reinstall a clean vWii IOS56 and try to install d2x cIOS again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste