Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

Curry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have successfully done the a9lh installation on my o3ds using Plailect's guide(takes some time, but is actually pretty easy and clear). I've also did all the steps on my n3ds, however I have not yet updated it (still on 9.2) because I am wondering if I can update it using the system update? I have finished the guide all the way to "Section VI - Finalizing setup" but I have not dared to update the firmware(did do it on my o3ds) because the guide says at part "If you update a 2.1.0 New 3DS using the built-in System Update, you will BRICK. Follow the steps as written!".

I am unsure if this means "never update your firmware using the built-in update, ever" or just "only if you follow this guide step-by-step to the end will you be able to update your n3ds without bricking it".

Can anyone shed any light on this?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am unsure if this means "never update your firmware using the built-in update, ever" or just "only if you follow this guide step-by-step to the end will you be able to update your n3ds without bricking it".

Can anyone shed any light on this?
It means don't run system update when you have a New 3DS downgraded to 2.1.0.

Once you have A9LH installed and restore the 9.x image, it's safe to use the standard system updater.

redstarz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I am aware this probably has been asked a hundred times before and I apologize for that, but it's 2 AM right now, rofl.

So, my o3DS (6.1.0-4U) won't boot after installing A9HL, it just displays a black screen. If I boot it without a SD card, it automatically turns itself off. However, both Hourglass and Luma3DS work perfectly if I press start and select, respectively. I have tried the solutions to it outlined in the guide, but none of them really work. :(

Does that mean the 9.2.0 crtransfer method is my only available option right now?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am aware this probably has been asked a hundred times before and I apologize for that, but it's 2 AM right now, rofl.

So, my o3DS (6.1.0-4U) won't boot after installing A9HL, it just displays a black screen. If I boot it without a SD card, it automatically turns itself off. However, both Hourglass and Luma3DS work perfectly if I press start and select, respectively. I have tried the solutions to it outlined in the guide, but none of them really work. :(

Does that mean the 9.2.0 crtransfer method is my only available option right now?
What firmware is your console currently on? No CFW can boot 2.1 (well some can, but it's difficult and not worth doing)
9.2 ctrnand transfer should fix that problem if you are on 2.1

redstarz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thanks, now it's working!

Edit: Seems I can't access my FBI, the 3DS always notifies an "error" happened and must turn off the console. What do I do?

Last edited by redstarz,

winchesterss

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a few questions, i did the arm9 a while ago on my old 3ds and the process was much longer than the one that is on this guide now, had to do a bunch of stuff that isn't here anymore like using 2 nands (sysNAND and then emuNAND).
Now i have another 3ds and this seems much easier than the other method, but when i did it the first time i end up doing everything on the emuNAND and "merging" the 2 together or something like this. Isn't that necessary anymore(safer?) ?
Also with the old method i could use System Update and be on the latest firmware no problem(i think), can i still do this with luma?
I am asking all this because the older one didn't had luma, just the straight arm9 installed so i honestly don't really know how it works now.

Last edited by winchesterss,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Now i have another 3ds and this seems much easier than the other method, but when i did it the first time i end up doing everything on the emuNAND and "merging" the 2 together or something like this. Isn't that necessary anymore(safer?) ?
If you have an existing emunand, you'll copy it to your sysnand at the end. Otherwise no, you won't have to do this.
Also with the old method i could use System Update and be on the latest firmware no problem(i think), can i still do this with luma?
Yes
I am asking all this because the older one didn't had luma, just the straight arm9 installed so i honestly don't really know how it works now.
a9lh is just an entrypoint, you're using another CFW - probably cakes or AuReiNand. Once you're done with the new guide it'll work about the same.

smallmedicap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone please tell me how to get to old versions of pages?

I know from this post that it is possible.

I want to look at the guide from around the 13th of last month (August 2016) to compare something.

Thanks!

smallmedicap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for that, it should help.

But I am still curious as to how the person in the post I linked got those URLs to old page versions.

noodles75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

I got stuck follwing this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
My Device: New 3DS XL (Eur)

All went good up to "Part 3 (arm9loaderhax) > Section II - Installing arm9loaderhax" where I should enter the URL "http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin". I could not open this page in the browser cause my N3DS-WLAN was off and I did not manage to turn it on (there ist no hardware-slider/button to turn it on cause it is a N3DS). So unfortunately I went to System Settings and clicked "Format SD card" even though there was no SD card insert (I know - dumb, but that is what i did...)
After that the N3DS booted into the black screen with the information to contact the support.

So, any way to get it back working?

Thx for help

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You should asked before: When there's now Wifi On, take out your battery for some minutes and put it back in. It will set your Wifi to On.

Put back all prep files from the part3 and try to boot your console again.

noodles75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You should asked before: When there's now Wifi On, take out your battery for some minutes and put it back in. It will set your Wifi to On.

Put back all prep files from the part3 and try to boot your console again.

Nope, won't work anymore. It always boots directly in the black support screen (with sd card insert and without).

Anyways, thx for the info with the battery out/wifi on - it will maybe help me with my next console and a9lh :)

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I got stuck follwing this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
My Device: New 3DS XL (Eur)

All went good up to "Part 3 (arm9loaderhax) > Section II - Installing arm9loaderhax" where I should enter the URL "http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin". I could not open this page in the browser cause my N3DS-WLAN was off and I did not manage to turn it on (there ist no hardware-slider/button to turn it on cause it is a N3DS). So unfortunately I went to System Settings and clicked "Format SD card" even though there was no SD card insert (I know - dumb, but that is what i did...)
After that the N3DS booted into the black screen with the information to contact the support.

So, any way to get it back working?

Thx for help
This is why you should always ask for help before trying to fix it yourself. That my friend is unfortunately a brick. And knowing the n3ds and 2.1, it may or may not be an unrecoverable brick. It wasn't put in sleep mode, so it should be recoverable but ONLY if you successfully made a NAND dump while transferring 2.1 ctrnand. If you didn't make that backup, then even hardmod won't help you.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no "Format SD card" option in System Settings. The option you selected was "Format System Memory", which definitely will brick on N3DS 2.1.

As previously mentioned, your only solution is a hardmod and NAND backup from before you downgraded to 2.1, and that's assuming the initial setup program didn't cause any unrecoverable hardware damage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo