Hacking FSGetMountSource - what's the issue?

Exavold

eeh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know this is silly but ... do you use the gamepad to start the exploit ?

I remember that I couldn't launch the exploit when my gamepad cable was dead a few weeks back.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I remember that I couldn't launch the exploit when my gamepad cable was dead a few weeks back.
No the error he is getting is a sd card error it's either a file missing or a dirty sd card or as I suspect a dirty sd card slot.

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Yeah, I'm using the gamepad to launch the exploit.

What? I'm pretty sure saves/eshop games can't be moved to the SD card.
I don't think any official Wii U mode stuff uses the SD card slot, it's only used in Wii mode.

If you let your Wii U format the SD card you can save pretty much everything on it that was originally on your internal storage, which is for what i used it so far.

Last edited by LysergCooltyp,
Reactions: Exavold

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah, I'm using the gamepad to launch the exploit.

If you let your Wii U format the SD card you can save pretty much everything that's on your internal storage, which is for what i used it so far.
My Wii U has never asked to format the SD card or given me the option to. You don't have the SD card connected with a USB SD card reader do you?

Reactions: LysergCooltyp

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then perharps you should check out this thread.
Then perhaps you should reread the thread it clearly states that homebrew loads fine then you get the no wiiu controller message then it crashes when exiting the op gets that message when the homebrew is loading so it's an sd card fault.

withoutgamepad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then perhaps you should reread the thread it clearly states that homebrew loads fine then you get the no wiiu controller message then it crashes when exiting the op gets that message when the homebrew is loading so it's an sd card fault.
Hmm... So you can get loadiine/etc to load without the gamepad?

Exavold

eeh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
He (from the other thread) still cannot launch homebrew without the gamepad asfawk.
OP said that he did use the gamepad to try to launch the exploit , so the gamepad definitly isn't the problem here, now let's stop being off-topic.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm... So you can get loadiine/etc to load without the gamepad?
No , it crashes appearently.

When I couldn't use the gamepad a few weeks back , I got FSGetMountSource error , check your SD card maybe ?

withoutgamepad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He (from the other thread) still cannot launch homebrew without the gamepad asfawk.
OP said that he did use the gamepad to try to launch the exploit , so the gamepad definitly isn't the problem here, now let's stop being off-topic.
Balls... Sorry for OT, anyway looks like you solved my thread :/ . Time to hunt down that gamepad...

Reactions: Subtle Demise

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait , you didn't put it in the SD slot ? Then here's your problem : Put your SD in the SD slot.
How did you fail to mention this? :wacko:
I thought it would be obvious that you had to use the SD slot.

Because i was told the Wii U couldn't read it directly only being able to use the slot for screenshots and mii 'stuff' and never questioned it (sounds dumb i know lol). Will test it now with the SD in the SD slot.

E: worked like a charm. Thanks guys!

Last edited by LysergCooltyp,
Reactions: Exavold

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Because i was told the Wii U couldn't read it directly and never questioned it (sounds dumb i know lol). Will test it now with the SD in the SD slot.
Yes, Wii U mode software doesn't use it, only Wii U homebrew and vWii does. You could use the same card for Wii, GC and Wii U games if you wanted to :P Might fill up quickly though. I got a 128 GB card and moved the Wii U games from the smaller card to it, but there was still a lot of free space so I put my GC ISOs on there too.

Reactions: LysergCooltyp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.