Hacking "FSGetMountSource failed. Please insert a FAT32 formatted sd card"

jojoharry16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried putting the SD card in the SD card slot in the front, in one of the front USB ports via a card reader, and one of the back USB ports. I've tried 2 different SD cards, and I've tried 2 different tutorials on hacking the Wii U (one of Wii U Hacks Guide and one of How-To Geek), and every time I run the exploit I get a black screen with the error message "FSGetMountSource failed. Please insert a FAT32 formatted sd card"

I can confirm that the SD card has been formatted as FAT32 and has the correct files in the correct places. Any help, even just a gentle push in the right direction, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

adxmvvz

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried putting the SD card in the SD card slot in the front, in one of the front USB ports via a card reader, and one of the back USB ports. I've tried 2 different SD cards, and I've tried 2 different tutorials on hacking the Wii U (one of Wii U Hacks Guide and one of How-To Geek), and every time I run the exploit I get a black screen with the error message "FSGetMountSource failed. Please insert a FAT32 formatted sd card"

I can confirm that the SD card has been formatted as FAT32 and has the correct files in the correct places. Any help, even just a gentle push in the right direction, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
i have the same issue did you find a fix?
Post automatically merged:

Thanks in advance
you find a fix i have the same problem

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All possible issues and solutions have been given:
- Use guiformat to format to FAT32 (32 KB cluster size).
- Double check the files are at the correct place.
- SD card might be bonky, try a different one.
- Contacts might be dirty or oxidized: Clean them (blow into the slow and insert/eject the card around 10 times).

So did you try all of them? Well, then the slot might be physically damaged. Try to look inside for bended or broken pins and check solder points.

//EDIT: Also in case you're using a micro SD: The Adapter might be bonky, try a different one.

Reactions: jeannotte

adxmvvz

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All possible issues and solutions have been given:
- Use guiformat to format to FAT32 (32 KB cluster size).
- Double check the files are at the correct place.
- SD card might be bonky, try a different one.
- Contacts might be dirty or oxidized: Clean them (blow into the slow and insert/eject the card around 10 times).

So did you try all of them? Well, then the slot might be physically damaged. Try to look inside for bended or broken pins and check solder points.

//EDIT: Also in case you're using a micro SD: The Adapter might be bonky, try a different one.
the Wii U definitely picks up the device as there's even a pop up saying "do you want this device to be formatted so it can be used for this console" I tapped no as it stated if I clicked yes all current files on the USB would be deleted. I have already used guiformat and still has not worked. The USB stick is also brand new.

Murai5656

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I created an account just to reply here.

My Wii U presented the same problem. My SD Card was unlocked when this message appeared, so I just locked it again and everything worked perfectly. I hope you're all able to play normally as well.

xeonplatinum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys make sure your SD card has a partition table is set to MBR (Master Boot Record) and not GPT (GUID Partition Table) or any other partition table. The Wii U can only read SD cards in the FAT32 format with the MBR partition table. You can convert your SD card to MBR in Windows (any version) by opening command prompt and typing "diskpart", the typing "list disk", then type "select disk (your disk)", then "clean" and then "convert mbr". The SD card will keep the FAT32 format. Hope this helps!

Guys make sure your SD card has a partition table is set to MBR (Master Boot Record) and not GPT (GUID Partition Table) or any other partition table. The Wii U can only read SD cards in the FAT32 format with the MBR partition table. You can convert your SD card to MBR in Windows (any version) by opening command prompt and typing "diskpart", the typing "list disk", then type "select disk (your disk)", then "clean" and then "convert mbr". The SD card will keep the FAT32 format. Hope this helps!

Jayden_Vaz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would recommend watching funkyscott47's video on wii u homebrewing and follow the steps there and don't skip ANY steps just in case you did it wrong

Crorry

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Thanks. It works for me.
I used AeseUS Partition Master Edition 15.5.
Attribs:
Basic
MBR
Cluster 32KB
FAT 32
Active
Primary

Good Luck.
Thanks.

pieve

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

How do I get off that screen??? Did you find a solution?

How do I get out of that screen??? Did you find a solution?

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get off that screen??? Did you find a solution?

How do I get out of that screen??? Did you find a solution?
unplug your console and plug it back in /hj

I would recommend watching funkyscott47's video on wii u homebrewing and follow the steps there and don't skip ANY steps just in case you did it wrong
No thanks, please use wiiu.hacks.guide

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo