OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nah there is nothing plugged into the WiiU except the charger for the gamepad. And as far as trying things with the sd it will have to wait till I buy one. But if this only works with an sd card, why did it work without one on another WiiU? That's my question I guess

D

Deleted User

Nah there is nothing plugged into the WiiU except the charger for the gamepad. And as far as trying things with the sd it will have to wait till I buy one. But if this only works with an sd card, why did it work without one on another WiiU? That's my question I guess
Because you had SDCard inserted and forgot it was even there.
Clear Save Data in Browser and try again. [or do what i suggested for god's sake]

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

jmanup85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guys I'm being nice here and I'm telling you that there has been no sd card in this wii u for about a year. I have not needed one so I can't follow the steps for an sd card right now. I've cleared save data in the browser and tried this with the same result. Stop assuming there is an sd card when I've said multiple times that there isn't.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because you had SDCard inserted and forgot it was even there.
Clear Save Data in Browser and try again. [or do what i suggested for god's sake]
Don't even bother. I've tried for a whole page and didn't succeed getting OP to do anything I suggest because "It didn't need an SD card before, I don't have an SD card."
Even though I'm almost 100% positive that TCPGecko has always needed files on the SD to run properly.
The only things I can think of that didn't need SD to run was some of the primitive homebrew iirc. Maybe there was an old version of TCPGecko that used to run without SD (I mean at least a year old by now), but now days everything needs SD to run properly.

Reactions: Deleted User

jmanup85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You guys are really something else. I have stated numerous times that 1) I have no sd card and that 2) this has worked without one. So I'm going to do you all a favor and link you to this video of me getting loadiine.ovh to work with TCPGECKO + KERNEL without an sd card on the friends Wii U. You're all welcome and apologies for cell phone quality video.

Last edited by jmanup85,
D

Deleted User

TCPGecko will run without SDCard.
However, HBL will NOT.
I tried my best not to get triggered by that video so i will keep my views to myself.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

Splathax does not need an sd card either. I can take another video of me using it without an sd card to prove it to you. I know because I tested it numerous times and it worked.
No, don't post anymore videos, i understand.
[Still, why you're not using SDCard for Homebrew for god's sake? Cheap 4GB SDCard costs $5 nowadays]

D

Deleted User

Because I don't use homebrew on the wii u. I was only interested in the Splathax and changing my rank possibly.
Funny enough, you use TCPGecko which is a homebrew itself.
Still, it seems like Wii U/No SDCard issue. TCPGecko calls a command for SDCard/mount [In this case, it can't mount it therefore it gives FSGETMOUNTSOURCE Failed since it doesn't know what to mount]
Also, changing your rank in Splatoon... *sigh*
Did you put correct IP in TCPGecko? Wii U needs to know where to connect.

jmanup85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok so an update. The FS error is gone. But When I try to run TCPGecko it hangs on the video and gives an error saying it could not load the file. Then I press cancel and in step 2 it gives the same error about not loading the video.

D

Deleted User

Ok so an update. The FS error is gone. But When I try to run TCPGecko it hangs on the video and gives an error saying it could not load the file. Then I press cancel and in step 2 it gives the same error about not loading the video.
Reset save data in Wii U browser.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated