From Ubuntu to Windows

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No I tried,but I don't know command prompt at hirens boot cd format disk area.
You don't need to know any commands whatsoever - everything you need is right there. I'm guessing that you can't format the drives because they're using some funky Linux file system. To make use of them through the installer, you'll have to:
  1. Delete the partition/s
  2. Create a new partition/s using the free space
  3. Format it/them to NTFS
Then you can carry on with the installation. You will lose any data stored on that/ose partition/s.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The options I'm talking about are literally in the Windows Installer. They're right there, in the disk choice menu. You don't need to use any boot discs whatsoever, the Windows disc is all you need.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The options I'm talking about are literally in the Windows Installer. They're right there, in the disk choice menu. You don't need to use any boot discs whatsoever, the Windows disc is all you need.

Windows 7 DVD wasn't able to format that computer which I had installed that Linux distro but I suppose with Windows 8 or a Format Software (running via boot-up) would work, although the laptop's so slow that it's pointless to install 7/8 (it's too slow and even freezes completely at times).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Alright, fool around with boot CD's instead of following instructions, I'm out. Like I said, forget about formatting anything, just delete the partitions and move on with your life.
Windows 7 DVD wasn't able to format that computer which I had installed that Linux distro but I suppose with Windows 8 or a Format Software (running via boot-up) would work, although the laptop's so slow that it's pointless to install 7/8 (it's too slow and even freezes completely at times).
Windows only cares about the file system when formatting. When you're deleting the partition, it doesn't give two flips about what it is, it'll just nuke it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
dqoFNCT.jpg

If this fails, what does it say? Remember, you will lose whatever you have on that drive.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
offtopic, i am feeling something on my chest, like a warm feeling or something... i mean... so many months later and "we" (gbatemp people) are finally helping earthbound instead of ignoring him or banish him into oblivion

ho gbatemp, how are getting mature xD

Reactions: raulpica

EarthBound 2

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Foxi thanks for all.I think thread is closed(I'm not admin).Why there's no support of Facebook messanger on windows 7,8 and vista?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
There used to be one just for the messenger, it worked like the one on smartphones does.
A bit pointless, but hey, it worked.

its like a skype xD the only use it could have is notifications on desktop (like old messenger\skype) but puting that aside, its pointless

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
0x80070017 is a CRC error, it means that the file installed on the drive fails to match the one in the installation. This can mean a number of things, from a disk/c read error to a borked HDD. I suggest burning a new installation disc or, if you're using a USB stick, formatting it and putting the installation files back on it. If the error persists, you might have to get another installation disc image.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If this fails, what does it say? Remember, you will lose whatever you have on that drive.
BTW Foxi I think he should delete Partition 3 as well as it's a SWAP partition and it's going to be utterly useless on Windows.

And I suppose that Partition 1 is /boot, which is useless as well and can be safely deleted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1