From Ubuntu to Windows

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, you'll have to copy all of the installation files over again, something ain't right with them. If that fails, try a different stick/DVD disc/DVD drive.
BTW Foxi I think he should delete Partition 3 as well as it's a SWAP partition and it's going to be utterly useless on Windows.

And I suppose that Partition 1 is /boot, which is useless as well and can be safely deleted.
True, he might as well get rid of all of them, but let's take this one step at a time instead of overwhelming him.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Doesn't matter. Your installation files are dodgy because you're getting a CRC error - you need to copy them over again, just do that. If you're getting the error again, get a different .ISO. Again, are you using a DVD disc or a USB stick? If it's USB, you shouldn't be getting that error - you might have to delete all partitions again and do a full format.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Alright, fool around with boot CD's instead of following instructions, I'm out. Like I said, forget about formatting anything, just delete the partitions and move on with your life.
Windows only cares about the file system when formatting. When you're deleting the partition, it doesn't give two flips about what it is, it'll just nuke it.

The problem is that it recognised as if nothing was there, that means, it thought it was missing the hard drive.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The problem is that it recognised as if nothing was there, that means, it thought it was missing the hard drive.
That sounds like borked MBR or using GPT on a non-GPT-enabled installation. There's no reason why Windows wouldn't see the hard drive, really. Then again, I didn't work on your issue, so I wouldn't know the cause. ;)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That sounds like borked MBR or using GPT on a non-GPT-enabled installation. There's no reason why Windows wouldn't see the hard drive, really. Then again, I didn't work on your issue, so I wouldn't know the cause. ;)
If you get the partition list then Windows has no problems seeing the drive. Also, Win7 is fully GPT compliant, if I remember correctly.

EarthBound 2

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
well time to reveal one of pms' me to foxy(we aren't gays).So explain me what sort of debugger is inside android x86?I mean i was reading tutorial how to umlock egg gauntlet(it must be very tough job to port sega genesis game to android game).i only understood swapping music tutorial on sonic 1.apk.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
well time to reveal one of pms' me to foxy(we aren't gays).So explain me what sort of debugger is inside android x86?I mean i was reading tutorial how to umlock egg gauntlet(it must be very tough job to port sega genesis game to android game).i only understood swapping music tutorial on sonic 1.apk.
I LOL'd.

Anyway, I think you should focus first on having a working computer before thinking of unlocking Egg Gauntlet!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you get the partition list then Windows has no problems seeing the drive. Also, Win7 is fully GPT compliant, if I remember correctly.
I know for a fact that not all installer distros work with it, I've tackled the problem earlier this year.

45Z06YX.jpg

It pops up on UEFI systems, forcing the user to switch to Legacy mode and switching from GPT to MBR. ;)

CPvgWkF.gif
The phrasing he probably wanted to use was "no homo".

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know for a fact that not all installer distros work for it, I've tackled the problem earlier this year.

It pops up on UEFI systems, forcing the user to switch to Legacy mode and switching from GPT to MBR. ;)
That's funny. Oh well, maybe I'm mixing up with Win8 which most certainly supports it :unsure:

EarthBound 2

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
disk 0 partiction 2 have only next option.

courier today delivered my usb midi cable on i want to try test is it working.

hey why posting data is february 22 2014 it's 6th november 2014.?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Windows normally extracts some of its files to an empty partition to use during the installation - leave them be, that's probably why you can't delete them. Just install to whatever partition you prepared for the installation and follow on-screen instructions.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There's absolutely no reason to use any of those tools, the Windows installer has everything you need. If you insist, you can use Hiren's to delete all partitions on the drive and start from scratch, like raulpica suggested.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's absolutely no reason to use any of those tools, the Windows installer has everything you need. If you insist, you can use Hiren's to delete all partitions on the drive and start from scratch, like raulpica suggested.
The Win7 installer is plenty fine, really no need for anything else.

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Forget about DBAN, you're not formatting the drive, you're deleting useless partitions with incompatible file systems. You need to use any available partition manager to do that, even diskpart will do. You can also do it through the Windows installer like I initially showed you.

EarthBound 2

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
main disk will be useless if i remove.If i delete disk partitions it's error code still popping up.

i know foxi4 you want help me,but you are bit arogant(at point of force formatting if it's impossible).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
main disk will be useless if i remove.If i delete disk partitions it's error code still popping up.
Here's what you need to do:
  • Delete the partitions
  • Create one new partition with all the available space on the Disk
  • Format the partition to NTFS (full format, not quick format)
  • Attempt to install
If you're still getting a CRC error, your installer is dodgy and you need a different .ISO image. There's no reason why this wouldn't work, the only other option is hardware failure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol