Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
GW don't load GBA VC or DSiWare
/\ This. The problem is you are using Gateway. If you want to play GBA games you need Luma.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i dont want a9lh , i just wanna know how can i play zelda minish cap ( virtual console ) from freeshop with what i have
You can't.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Red_Alive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
/\ This. The problem is you are using Gateway. If you want to play GBA games you need Luma.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can't.

ok got it

1. Copy TWL Version Data - v0.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
  2. Copy DS Download Play - v1024.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
  3. Copy DS Internet - v2048.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
  4. Copy Nintendo DS Cart Whitelist - v11264.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
  5. Copy either New_3DS TWL_FIRM - v9936.cia or Old_3DS TWL_FIRM - v8817.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
how will this help me ?

Red_Alive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So to be honest, I'm pretty glad you don't want A9LH. I don't really feel like reading your "I bricked because I can't follow instructions! HALP!" thread later...

thats the problem here nearly everyone is pro a9lh and if you say one thing about it everybody loses their minds

Reactions: Arkansaw

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
ok got it

1. Copy TWL Version Data - v0.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
  2. Copy DS Download Play - v1024.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
  3. Copy DS Internet - v2048.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
  4. Copy Nintendo DS Cart Whitelist - v11264.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
  5. Copy either New_3DS TWL_FIRM - v9936.cia or Old_3DS TWL_FIRM - v8817.cia to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
how will this help me ?
It won't unless you are using Luma with a9lh and want to troubleshoot not being able to play DS games.

If you want to play GBA and DS games you need to stop using Gateway (or just use Luma in conjunction with it).

Reactions: Zidapi

dudemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats the problem here nearly everyone is pro a9lh and if you say one thing about it everybody loses their minds
Not at all. Its just that what you want to do cannot be done how your setup. Yes, I have A9LH, but if anyone else wants to stay on their current setup, I am perfectly OK with that. But what you want to do just can't be done on your current configuration. Since you have to update your configuration and the A9LH process has gotten miles simpler, that is the fastest and most supported method by us for you to do what you want.

I'm sorry if I rustled your jimmies, it just seriously looked like you weren't even trying anything anyone offered as help.

Red_Alive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It won't unless you are using Luma with a9lh and want to troubleshoot not being able to play DS games.

If you want to play GBA and DS games you need to stop using Gateway (or just use Luma in conjunction with it).

ok got again , thx

Not at all. Its just that what you want to do cannot be done how your setup. Yes, I have A9LH, but if anyone else wants to stay on their current setup, I am perfectly OK with that. But what you want to do just can't be done on your current configuration. Since you have to update your configuration and the A9LH process has gotten miles simpler, that is the fastest and most supported method by us for you to do what you want.

I'm sorry if I rustled your jimmies, it just seriously looked like you weren't even trying anything anyone offered as help.

well now i get that what i want cant be done with what i have , and if want to play gba games i need some CFW or a9lh

its alright and i apologise too after all , you guys are just trying to help me but i just got a little frustated with everyone pointing at a9lh

Last edited by Red_Alive,
Reactions: Quantumcat

squalow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Its new for me , i hacked my first 3DS by my own (11.1 to 9.2) about a month ago , A9LH was scaring the shit out of me , but then i tried , and everything went fine , so take your time , when you'll be ready you can ask me everything , i'll help you with that :)

Red_Alive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Its new for me , i hacked my first 3DS by my own (11.1 to 9.2) about a month ago , A9LH was scaring the shit out of me , but then i tried , and everything went fine , so take your time , when you'll be ready you can ask me everything , i'll help you with that :)

i appreciate that , thank you

Red_Alive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't have to use a9lh, you can use Luma from a menuhax setup.

ok but am good with what i have for now , nevertheless thank you
You SHOULD have a9lh, at this point, anyone without it is an idiot tbh
sorry for not being with the ELITE PRO A9LH CLASS :glare:

ok a9lh is good so is gateway maybe not for you but for me yes and its not because you have a9lh EVERYONE SHOULD have it , its stupid

seriously its guys like YOU who make me wanna stop asking questions or even try a9lh ,its not like you invented the damn thing plus what were you using before a9lh came out :rolleyes:

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok but am good with what i have for now , nevertheless thank you
Except you're clearly not.

You have five(!) threads on the front page, and the answer to every single one of your questions is switch to luma3DS (and optionally, though highly recommended, A9LH).

You have your answers, we can't help you further if you're not satisfied with said answers.

dudemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except you're clearly not.

You have five(!) threads on the front page, and the answer to every single one of your questions is switch to luma3DS (and optionally, though highly recommended, A9LH).

You have your answers, we can't help you further if you're not satisfied with said answers.
I was trying to say exactly this without being so direct. Users unhappy with the limitations of their current configuration hardly have any reason or excuse to complain when almost quite literally, their limitations could be negated by a few hours or less, and less chance of damage than accidentally updating emu/redNAND.

While I don't and may not ever understand this thought process, I do understand the unwillingness to move to a different configuration due to stagnation and comfort. It's like the people that were unwilling to move to Windows 10, even though it was offered as a free upgrade. If it (mostly) works, why update?

For the most part, this person has been relatively accepting of the fact that their current configuration can't do what they want. That their willing to accept this and go about their day after they've received this info and NOT throw a tantrum should be rewarded here at the Temp. So very few act like this.

My only issue is that this user does have five separate threads, all of which could have either been asked in the noob thread or together in one thread. Furthermore, with a few quick GBATemp site specific Google searches, most of the answers could have been found very easily.

tl;dr: Kudos, OP for recognizing that A9LH isn't necessary, realizing you cannot do what you hoped, and going about your day like an adult in spite of it. However, your Google-Fu prowess needs some leveling up.

Last edited by dudemo,

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tl;dr: Kudos, OP for recognizing that A9LH isn't necessary, realizing you cannot do what you hoped, and going about your day like an adult in spite of it.
You're right, full credit and respect to @Red_Alive for the way he's handled the criticism from everyone (me included), it's worth acknowledging.

Reactions: squalow and dudemo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjocrCuXN-w