Hacking Found something that should be added to Plailect's guide

Shady Guy Jose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey, guys. I was following Plailect's guide for two 3DSs, (O3DS, EU, 9.2.0- with browser), and I found an issue with the guide that I believe should be addressed in the FAQs/Troubleshooting.

When using a browser-based exploit, apparently the language in the 3DS matters. Both of these 3DSs were set to European Portuguese, and none of them would run browser exploits. Changing the language to English worked on both of them, with no other steps taken (such as formatting).

This was reproducible between both 3DSs, so I believe the problem lies exactly there, but if someone else has another idea, feel free to share. What I'm looking for is simply an added line to the FAQs/Troubleshooting, so that someone in the same situation as mine who may not remember to change the language doesn't get stuck.

Does Plailect have an account here?

Reactions: koffieleut

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's strange. I have done it to much 3DSs in spanish, and had no problem. Does this only happend with some languages? If it's, then wich of them?

Shady Guy Jose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's strange. I have done it to much 3DSs in spanish, and had no problem. Does this only happend with some languages? If it's, then wich of them?
I've only tested it with Portuguese. In both situations, changing it to English did the trick. I assume that it doesn't happen with all languages but English, since it would have come up sooner if so. Has anyone successfully run browserhax in 9.2 with the 3DS set to Portuguese, or had any trouble with other languages?

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I used to use browserhax on Portuguese language just fine, although it's Brazilian Portuguese and the console itself is America/U region.
I have a feeling that you just got lucky twice and the exploit worked fine when you set it in English. :P

Reactions: Bedel

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've only tested it with Portuguese. In both situations, changing it to English did the trick. I assume that it doesn't happen with all languages but English, since it would have come up sooner if so. Has anyone successfully run browserhax in 9.2 with the 3DS set to Portuguese, or had any trouble with other languages?
I've done too many of them to remember and never had that kind of thing on browserhax. (always on Portuguese of Portugal settings)

But, if you found a trick that works for you, nice, will keep that in mind if it doesn't work next time, ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol