Hardware Found a 360, worth it?

F4LK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you're willing to spend some more, you can RGH it.

Homebrew (almost non existent) DLC, XBLA etc.
All can be played from the harddrive.
Yeah i'll most likely hack it later.
Got it now, drive is a Phillips Lite-on DG-16d2
Shouldn't be too hard.

F4LK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Cheapest thing to do is to flash the drive.
Disc based backups.
Probably will do that, done it before years ago, wasn't that much work :P

One question tho,
I had a original xbox (the first one) that had a chip inside it. Was kinda annoyed to hold the power button for 10 seconds just to boot up games,
so i went online and found something to softmod the console. Burnt the iso, and installed it so i no longer needed to use the chip.
Is there something like that for 360? Like, something you can burn to install a custom dashboard and stuff?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
but still the loudest and slowest solution.

Install the games to the HDD, problem solved.

Probably will do that, done it before years ago, wasn't that much work :P

One question tho,
I had a original xbox (the first one) that had a chip inside it. Was kinda annoyed to hold the power button for 10 seconds just to boot up games,
so i went online and found something to softmod the console. Burnt the iso, and installed it so i no longer needed to use the chip.
Is there something like that for 360? Like, something you can burn to install a custom dashboard and stuff?

Nope, you'll need to hardware hack it then (RGH).

Reactions: F4LK

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install the games to the HDD, problem solved.

Nope, you'll need to hardware hack it then (RGH).

not really. copying/downloading the games and then having to burn them onto DVD-R DL takes ages and you'll know when you have burnt your first coasters! way easier with RGH.

so yes, your "solution" takes the loudness off of the equation, but the slowness still prevails!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
not really. copying/downloading the games and then having to burn them onto DVD-R DL takes ages and you'll know when you have burnt your first coasters! way easier with RGH.

so yes, your "solution" takes the loudness off of the equation, but the slowness still prevails!

Don't forget that some people still want to access Live.
Xkeys and burned discs are the only solution for them, unless they spend mad money on a Dual NAND setup which isn't exactly worth it these days.

Don't just say things you think is best for everyone.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget that some people still want to access Live.
Xkeys and burned discs are the only solution for them, unless they spend mad money on a Dual NAND setup which isn't exactly worth it these days.

Don't just say things you think is best for everyone.

I have both (3 flashed xbox 360 systems and one with RGH). I never played online and compared to the RGH the old flashed systems are a real hassle. if you really play live and have a gold account for your old 360 then go ahead. but I really doubt it since everybody switched to the new gens years ago.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe OP wants to play multiplayer games as well, which, aside from some local LAN games is impossible on a RGH without spending tons of money.
Nah, not really. I don't play online often.
The only reason for me to go online would be updating games.
There you have it ;D

GO for the RGH, you would get no need to burn disc, no need to go online for updates, you will have private servers for play some of the games online, you will have xLink kay servers also.
You can play homebrew, emulators, install games on the HDD and play them without a disc, mod the games. and even change the dashboard and put theme son it.

then i can look like this:
maxresdefault.jpg

vorpal.jpg

playboxone-childproofedition.jpg

I do offer the Xbox RGH service if you are interested i'm located on the USA, and got pretty good reputation here as a buyer and seller ;D you can check my profile at the feedback forum C:
Just in case you dont want to mod it yourself or if you dont have a near store to mod it for you ;D

Reactions: F4LK

F4LK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'll think about it Scarlet.
Might just go with a simple drive flash tho, then i finally have a reason to use all those cd's i have lying around lol.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had a JTAG Jasper - it was the best, worked perfectly for over 5 years until I sold it. But they are also the least common, as Jasper was just released like 2 or 3 months before JTAG was patched.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a JTAG Jasper - it was the best, worked perfectly for over 5 years until I sold it. But they are also the least common, as Jasper was just released like 2 or 3 months before JTAG was patched.
Jaspers are not that rare, and indeed they are pretty good, however, slims are not that expensive, and they do the work pretty good.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jaspers are not that rare, and indeed they are pretty good, however, slims are not that expensive, and they do the work pretty good.
Jasper jtag of course is rare. Jasper was released like two or three months before nxe, which patched jtag.

Of course rgh is possible but that's another Story.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Be it as it may - at that time when I got the JTAG Jasper it was still superior to RGH. Today that may be different. All I can say is that the JTAG worked perfectly for over 6 years, never had a single issue besides having to update the Dash from time to time. I had a 500GB HDD built in and that was more than enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==