Xkey not detecting HDD

Huje

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, sorry I didn't find a way to delete my older topic, but I had to create a new one since the first is lacking informations about the problem.
So here is the thing.
I have an Xbox 360 Slim with a xKey without remote, and it worked well. I plugged the HDD and everything was fine with one game, so I decided to add more games on the HDD. And then, nothing works anymore. The HDD is not detected, when I eject the DVD, there is no auto-closing and no mixed media disc...

I tried again and again, and the only time it worked is when I deleted every games except one, but now it's not working again.

The HDD seems to work only for a few seconds then it turns off...

When I worked, I could take those pictures if it can tell you some informations :
IMG_20230404_124815.jpg

Also I opened the console but I didn't know what to look for, everything looked fine

Do you have any idea ?
Thanks for your time

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hdd going to sleep? With jtags, they had something called hddalive that wrote a file to the hdd every 10 seconds iirc. For xkey, you might have to go to the manufacturer's website to modify the sleep timer on the hdd.

Huje

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hdd going to sleep? With jtags, they had something called hddalive that wrote a file to the hdd every 10 seconds iirc. For xkey, you might have to go to the manufacturer's website to modify the sleep timer on the hdd.
Thanks for your answer. I don't think that's the problem though because another HDD I have doesn't sleep but isn't detected either
Post automatically merged:

Update : today I started the console and it worked, I launched Halo 4 with success. Then I turned off the console, didn't touch anything, didn't move the HDD or anything, just waited for the console to be fully off, then started again, and it didn't work.

EDIT : it looks like I have to wait a certain amount of time before booting the xbox. Maybe 30 minutes I don't know, but when I wait a bit, it seems to work.

Last edited by Huje,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...