Hacking Others Xkey not always working

Huje

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I recently bought a Xbox 360 Slim with a xKey.
I don't really knew xKey before buying, but I noticed the Xkey here is « just » the USB port to plug a HDD, there is no remote thing with a screen etc... So I guess all I can do is plug and play, no configuration of the xkey, but I don't care since things work.
And... they don't always work. Most of the HDD or USB keys don't work. One HDD worked one time, and another HDD that I have seemed to work, so I copied all my games on it, and now it doesn't work anymore, when I start the Xbox and eject the DVD, the Media Disc doesn't appear anymore...

Is it possible the xKey is badly installed ? Or maybe some HDD only really work ?
The HDD is 1TB, formated to NTFS.

Thanks

Huje

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Up, I bought a Y-cable to plug the HDD to the xkey and to another power source.

I tried to plug the second USB cable to the Xbox 360, to an external power source, but nothing works...
But nothing work anymore.
When I eject the disc reader, it just stays « open » and doesn't auto close and display the disc media...
I tried with a different HDD, with different cables, nothing work, but the HDDs do work on my PC.

I don't know the version of the xkey since I don't have the remote though.
Post automatically merged:

I'm trying to update it without the remote, but I see to update we have to edit the xkey.cfg using data from the xkey such as the wifi dongle key.. But I don't know what it is and where to find it

EDIT : the HDD works with one game but adding like 10 games seems break it...

Last edited by Huje,

Huje

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Another update on my case : I manage to edit the hddkeepalive to 60 instead of 0
I don't know if it was the solution since I heard on an old french tutorial that this option was disactivated :(

Anyway, most of the time the HDD works now, I just have to check the LED of the HDD and if it turns off I quickly turn off the xbox without even waiting for the login menu

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello

You should get a 3.5" external hard drive or one with a dedicated source of power.
Y splitter cables aren't too great to use on Xkeys.

Huje

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello

You should get a 3.5" external hard drive or one with a dedicated source of power.
Y splitter cables aren't too great to use on Xkeys.
Yeah the Y splitter changed nothing, but now I'm more or less satisfied since it works when I want to play.
I also ordered a flashdrive USB maybe it will be better ?
Or the 3"5 HDD with dedicated source of power is really the best ?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have been using a flash drive out of convenience, works fine for me.

3.5" HDDs do work a lot better, haven't heard any people complain about issues and I've installed a fair few Xkeys for people.

Huje

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your help. I'll try with the flash drive and if it gives me satisfaction I'll use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol