Xbox 360 slim XKEY

DonkeyTheKonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got a steal of a deal today, a xbox 360 slim 2tb with xkey. Only problem is, the slim does not work. I got another xbox slim thats works. Tried to cheese it. I've put the flashed drive from the defect slim into the working one, but that ain't working.

I searched the internet on how to install this correctly. There are a dozen tutorials that all say different things. Some require to buy tools, other people say that's not necassery.

Saw this website and people seem to know what they are talking about on here. Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You might need to update the Xkey, doubtful but would be a good idea.

Just swapping parts around won't work period.
DVD drive has a unique key tied to the console.

sharkie545

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Essentially you'll need to pull the key off the slim Xbox you swapped it with and put the drive key on the xkey. Hope your familiar with soldering to get the key.... Xkey is nice but for me I'd rather rgh it (assuming your not gonna be playing online much)

DonkeyTheKonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You might need to update the Xkey, doubtful but would be a good idea.

Just swapping parts around won't work period.
DVD drive has a unique key tied to the console.
Oof. Is swapping disc drives not possible at all? Or can i swap certain parts from the modded disc tray to make it all work again. And about updating the xkey, how do i do that? (It's all new to me, i thought it was a plug and play thingy but boy was i wrong).
Post automatically merged:

Essentially you'll need to pull the key off the slim Xbox you swapped it with and put the drive key on the xkey. Hope your familiar with soldering to get the key.... Xkey is nice but for me I'd rather rgh it (assuming your not gonna be playing online much)
How do i do that?

sharkie545

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oof. Is swapping disc drives not possible at all? Or can i swap certain parts from the modded disc tray to make it all work again. And about updating the xkey, how do i do that? (It's all new to me, i thought it was a plug and play thingy but boy was i wrong).
Nope the drive board is tied to the Xbox. You can swap parts like lens/gears etc but the boards are married together. What's wrong with the other Xbox? And even different drives have to be matched together or you'll run risk of getting banned online.

In order to get the key of the Xbox you'll have to rgh the Xbox and download the keys.

DonkeyTheKonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The other board gave this error message

Error 0101​

This error is about ''bridged pins'' on the Usb if i remember correctly. I'm mostly a softmodder and barely know things about motherboards soldering etc.

sharkie545

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The other board gave this error message

Error 0101​

This error is about ''bridged pins'' on the Usb if i remember correctly. I'm mostly a softmodder and barely know things about motherboards soldering etc.
Yea most likely it's gonna need a reflow/ (temporary) or reball one of the chips have a cold joint.

I mean back in the days I reflowed with a heat gun but vary success on how long it lasts lol

But you'll definitely need more tools if your gonna go with rgh the new Xbox to get the keys, and some experience with soldering. So reflowing might not be worst shot.

DonkeyTheKonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yea most likely it's gonna need a reflow/ (temporary) or reball one of the chips have a cold joint.

I mean back in the days I reflowed with a heat gun but vary success on how long it lasts lol

But you'll definitely need more tools if your gonna go with rgh the new Xbox to get the keys, and some experience with soldering. So reflowing might not be worst shot.
Reflowing it won't permanently mend it.
Not to mention the chance of other components dying quicker is greater then when not reflowed.
Yeah i also read this on other sites. I'm not that good with reflowing so i was hoping that there was some kind of mod or program that i can run to extract the needed files

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you need to reflow or reball the system, pitch it. it's not worth the expense, because you'll have to send it to someone with a bga station for a proper way of doing it. big waste of money, especially now.

sharkie545

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any good tutorials out there?

The reason I recommended reflowing is that if you don't feel comfortable soldering even flashing a slim rgh requires a bit of work. It's not like the fat 360s. Might as well reflow it. It's dead already what the harm of trying something. I've had reflows that last a year+ others that last a month.

Obviously a bga rework on the chip that's the issue is the optimal but expensive to get someone to do it and expensive to start your self lol

The tools alone on rgh consoles are gonna set you back a tiny bit for the one console you plan to do. And to pay someone to mod a different rgh slim in my area it's about 100$ish

The modded 360s which you could do back on the fat console days you just need a card supported by jungle flasher to connect and flash a modified firmware on the dvd drive

On slims you need to replace the board which again you still need to rgh to get the dvd drive key. Unless you have a Trinity Xbox then some you can kamikaze the write protect chip connect the drive and flash a new firmware with the key from the drive.

Last edited by sharkie545,

DonkeyTheKonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The reason I recommended reflowing is that if you don't feel comfortable soldering even flashing a slim rgh requires a bit of work. It's not like the fat 360s. Might as well reflow it. It's dead already what the harm of trying something. I've had reflows that last a year+ others that last a month.

Obviously a bga rework on the chip that's the issue is the optimal but expensive to get someone to do it and expensive to start your self lol

The tools alone on rgh consoles are gonna set you back a tiny bit for the one console you plan to do. And to pay someone to mod a different rgh slim in my area it's about 100$ish

The modded 360s which you could do back on the fat console days you just need a card supported by jungle flasher to connect and flash a modified firmware on the dvd drive

On slims you need to replace the board which again you still need to rgh to get the dvd drive key. Unless you have a Trinity Xbox then some you can kamikaze the write protect chip connect the drive and flash a new firmware with the key from the drive.

I get your point. I screwed myself a little lol, thought it was an easy fix but no, modding a 360 is a whole different genre. I got somebody who's more into tech then me. Maybe he can figure out whats wrong with the xbox and fix it for me. I'll keep you guys posted. If you got tips in the meantime, my DM's and this post are open!
Post automatically merged:

Really appreciate all of your input btw!!! :D:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    linuxares @ linuxares: Nintendo be malding at that