Hacking For people with working Acekard 2i + EU 3DS.

Daley87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I'm hoping my new Acekard 2i will be delivered later on today so would just like to know from those who have successfully updated their Acekards and are playing on EU 3DS what steps to follow. Just an exact step by step on what to update to have it running, judging from the main Acekard topic it seems files from the AKAIO 1.8.6 are needed after flashing the 3DS, mainly I'm just looking for a confirmed method so I don't balls up my card (I will be updating it with a DSLite btw).
Thanks in advance lads, any help is appreciated.

frazzledazzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive already updated my acekard to work on my 3ds, but im playing it safe because even though the bootstrap is tricked in the 3ds, i think there may be some undercover logging, maybe logging flashcart use? im not sure so im gonna wait until the next update. if everyones 3ds and acekard is fine, ill start using it, until then its back to the trusty phat ds
biggrin.gif

Squeeks

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Load up Acekard in the to check if the HW in the Help menu is 81, if not do not update. Though it probably will be since you bought it recently, check anyway.
Format SD card and copy over the update.
Run and install update on DS/DSL.
Delete everything from the SD card and copy over AKAIO latest.
If it shows up as some Japanese game on the 3DS, hooray! If not, uh oh!

Theres probably some steps you don't need to do there, thats just what I did.

tvararu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Squeeks said:
Load up Acekard in the to check if the HW in the Help menu is 81, if not do not update. Though it probably will be since you bought it recently, check anyway.
Format SD card and copy over the update.
Run and install update on DS/DSL.
Delete everything from the SD card and copy over AKAIO latest.
If it shows up as some Japanese game on the 3DS, hooray! If not, uh oh!

Theres probably some steps you don't need to do there, thats just what I did.

I'm in the same situation as the OP, have an AceKard 2i coming in soon. What's the issue with HW? I bought mine at the start of March from LighTake and am patiently waiting it's delivery; if it's HW 81, does that mean it's a clone or otherwise unusable on the 3DS? What HW does it have to be, 44?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work