ROM Hack Fixes for all GBA Pokemon's save issue with AGB_FIRM

Raphael1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I tried doing this for a randomized Firered .gba (german version) with HxD, but it couldnt find the strings. Havent tried it for my randomized german emerald yet though. Any help on this?

Skynetz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say thank you for this, I couldn't get Sapphire working but this worked perfectly.

redppr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a bit of a necropost, but can anyone confirm whether or not they've been able to get rid of the "This save is corrupted. Loading previous save." message? I've hex edited FireRed and injected via Ultimate GBA Injector, but no matter what I do, I still have that annoying message every time the game is loaded. Otherwise, could someone PM me the name of/where to find the hacked ROM that actually saves and doesn't have that message when injected?

Last edited by redppr,

redppr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon fire red Save fix patch for all languages on the first post!!!

I also just saw this. It looks like the links have been removed. AmeenX, is there any way you could PM me those links for the save fixes? Do these stop the save corrupted message?

Leon_9116

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello @AmeenX . I want like to ask you, is it possible to do something similar (hex editing) to make super mario advance 4: super mario bros 3 work and save and if possible, remove the "data save is corrupted" message as well? I read in a post that SMA4 has a hex string similar to the 3rd gen pokemon games that you can modify, but i have not been able to find any more info.
I hope you can help me out
Thank you for your attention :^)

Rikiton96

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hey um..how the hex editor works again? Because I was following the step and I got confuse...do you guys have any video or tutorial on how to I don do his and Will it works on hacks rom?

DracarisFire

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I anyone is interested, I know how to remove the Save Corrupt message for RSE (Us/Fr Only).
Work also with RomHacks using RSE as a base.

Sorry for the necro Asia81. I'd love to know your method for removing the save corrupt message! I'm using a EZ Flash IV and got a process to work for Emerald & Ruby version but for some reason using the same process on Sapphire still give me that god damned message. I've tried everything I could find on the issue.

The process I use that works for the other games is:
Step 1 - I use a US Rom in this case [(Pokemon - Sapphire Version (USA, Europe) (Rev 2)]. On trialing a bunch of other versions of Sapphire Rom they all give the corrupt save message.

Step 2 - Use Lunar IPS, GBATA or the EZGBA Client to apply the Clock/Save Message Fixes. I have tried all of them.

Step 3 - Use EZGBA Client to apply the settings in the file I have attached (Header, Checksum & SRAM Patch).

Note: I have tried doing this the patches in step 3 individually and I have tried applying the Hex Edit fix before the whole process as well. These steps all worked eventually for Pokemon Emerald/Ruby but Sapphire maintains its save corrupt message.

I am using the patches:
Pokemon - Emerald Version CRC: 1f1c08fb
Pokemon - Ruby Version CRC: f0815ee7
Pokemon - Sapphire Version CRC: 554dedc4

Located here:
gbatemp.net - ruby-sapphire-clock-other-patches

The only thing I could think (though I really have no idea) that might be causing it is the fact the User: Chaos Rush didn't manually edit the the Sapphire tile set.

Documented as follows:
Q: Why is the Sapphire patch 14kb, but the Ruby patch is 11kb?

A: This is because I made the Ruby patch first. When it came time to do the Sapphire patch, I didn't want to manually edit the tileset data to add the clock like I did with Ruby, so I just copied the Ruby patch's tileset data and inserted it into free space in the Sapphire rom. Both patches function exactly the same, so it really doesn't matter.

Apologies for any inconvenience this might cause you but do you have any idea what I am doing wrong or what else I should try? Is there a copy of your method somewhere? I've been trying to resolve the issue intermittently for years!

Help me Asia81. Your my only hope.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 5.56.22 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 5.56.22 pm.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 247
Last edited by DracarisFire,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.