Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Yes, you're reading this right. A five-year-old by the name of Kristoffer Von Hassel discovered a security hole that allowed him to log in and make purchases via his father's account without knowing his password. The youngster discovered that after typing in the wrong password and reaching the second verification stage, inputting a space would give him access to the account.​
The issue was reported to Microsoft by his father and fixed. Subsequently Kristoffer has been rewarded for his discovery with four free games, $50, a 1-year Xbox Live subscription and his name is now on the list of Microsoft's security researchers thanked for their contributions.​
Now, I'm pretty sure this was just dumb luck on the boy's part and it's definitely not front page news material, so I'm putting it in the User Submitted News as an oddity rather than relevant news. Now, remember kids! Saying nothing at all sometimes opens many doors just like typing in a space sometimes opens your dad's virtual wallet.​
:arrow: Source

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my boy at about 2 years old found a glitch in an android game. i seen it happen and im like WTF?!!? and he kept doing it. he exploited the physics to circumvent having to collect items to open a gate in Chromasphere!

sometimes bugs are just that easy

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seen this on QJ.net & its hilarious how could microsoft be so careless & to make it worse the exploit will be pattched because they reported it

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seen this on QJ.net & its hilarious how could microsoft be so careless & to make it worse the exploit will be pattched because they reported it

Its... Its bad that its getting patched? What?
And sure it may be a little careless, but its a simple bug they immediately responded too..? Wow Xbox is terribad for taking care of their platform :|

Reactions: EZ-Megaman and NEP

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
This is one of those "infinite monkeys on infinite keyboards" things. Millions of people hitting random keys and someone is bound to stumble upon something like this.

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd love to know the code behind a login feature that allows spaces to bypass password security.

If Password = " " then Access = Root

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
This means they have a backdoor to everyone's account, pretty much ever xbox employee would know about this...
What if this is the case for other microsoft services?
Someone will find out their new method and not report it to microsoft, what happens then?

Reactions: osirisjem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D