First 3DS game announced without 3D

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oveneise said:
I don't care about the 3D feature on the 3DS, but it would be nice to have the option to use it in games. Hopefully developers don't follow the same route these guys are doing and go lazy on us. Then again, 3D on some games may feel cheap and tacked on...
You mean using developing time for something other than a gimmick is lazy?
I would like to see more 3D, but using the time for other, more important things is by no means lazy.

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think you can't use the 3D and employ the gyrometer at the same time, but I may be wrong.
happy.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Oveneise said:
I don't care about the 3D feature on the 3DS, but it would be nice to have the option to use it in games. Hopefully developers don't follow the same route these guys are doing and go lazy on us.
Tilting the console breaks the 3D effect, so when you develop a game you have to choose between 3D and tilt controls. They weren't "lazy," they simply wanted to have motion controls in their game.

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
Oveneise said:
I don't care about the 3D feature on the 3DS, but it would be nice to have the option to use it in games. Hopefully developers don't follow the same route these guys are doing and go lazy on us.
Tilting the console breaks the 3D effect, so when you develop a game you have to choose between 3D and tilt controls. They weren't "lazy," they simply wanted to have motion controls in their game.

Oh wow, I need to read more! I didn't even know the 3DS had motion controls! Thanks for clearing that up for me. Yeah, wouldn't make much sense to have 3D if the effect wasn't as strong as it could be.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gotta admit I didn't expect a dev to do this so early on. I wonder if they'll put a "no 3d" label on the box when it releases. I imagine Nintendo would force them to.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Veho said:
Oveneise said:

so super monkey ball doesn't use gyroscope?
sad.gif

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wizzerzak said:
Veho said:
Oveneise said:

sad.gif
I believe it does but for you sake I suggest turning the 3d off. If not every time you move enough, the screens will turn into a blurry mess.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Wizzerzak said:
Veho said:
Oveneise said:

sad.gif
It does but it ruins the 3D effect. Thus it also uses the C-Pad

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It not just tilting, it tilting to far... I mean keep face at the 3DS while tilting it should work, but still restrict freedom.

I really like the 3D,but

it not like every ds game made you used the touch screen and some did, both ways made great games.

It look nice,look fun,remind me crave story, Company trying to give us something different,

so I'm happy and not disappointed.
smile.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Wizzerzak said:
sad.gif

Yes it does.
QUOTE(pachura @ Jan 31 2011, 09:25 PM) Super Monkey Ball 3D: uses 3D and gyroscope in the same time which makes no sense at all because you lose the 3D effect all the time.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
3,990 yen = 48.7 US$
Being most of the 3DS titles around US$ 65 in japan you can expect it to be pretty cheap compared to the rest of the games. Maybe around 30? I'm just guessing.

It's between $60-$75 US for 3DS games depending on the game, $48 is actually cheap for a game in Japan while it looks pricey in the US.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Now she knows a tenth percent of what I go through when you send me pms
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My links could be wild life in nature or wild life in unnatural circumstances lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your links are the Ukraine Russia war
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biden signed a income contract just so you can keep sending me the mutated things that you do
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That just look right with food coloring liquid running down it
    +1
    Muhahahaha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Blue omelette
    +1
    Lol Ken will never eat an omelette again lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually ihops omlettes still hit haven't had one in forever
    The steak one is amazing
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn near $20 so fuck them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I second that, they are good. I always get the steak and add mushrooms to it also. But yea been awhile since had myself. I used to go there every morn for coffee and breakfast, meet with my work crew, but we all stop going, too expensive.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I'm scarred for life.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    See you guys, I'll get lost for another month. Maybe the rest of the year.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See you tomorrow
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Peace. Take care, no more searching tonight. You gonna have nightmares.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    See you tomorrow.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    did she just vomit on the chat before leaving
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why are girls doing this nowadays? is this some weird way of showing dominance?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, I put her outside though, then cleaned it up.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you