wC52ICq

Last edited by runetoonxx2,

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i saw the guide but my numbers were different

According to your screenshot you have a brave sword with a forge level of 7 equipped in Chrom's first inventory slot, it's really easy to just add the Falchion in the next inventory slot. 4 bytes 05 00 00 47, skip the next byte 00 and enter in 55 01 00 00 for the next four bytes. :)

Last edited by mungry,

runetoonxx2

GBATemp's Cancer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to your screenshot you have a brave sword with a forge level of 7 equipped in Chrom's first inventory slot, it's really easy to just add the Falchion in the next inventory slot. 4 bytes 05 00 00 47, skip the next byte 00 and enter in 55 01 00 00 for the next four bytes. :)
i <3 u

Reactions: mungry

Necrojinsei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is actually pretty simple if you follow what i'm about to walk you through:

1. You want to dump your Fate's save file using a save file extractor: JKSV (highly recommend this), or SVDT etc.

2. Now you go and grab this tool by RainThunder that will decrpyt your ChapterX save file: https://github.com/RainThunder/FEST/releases/tag/v1.1.1

3. Go into the directory of your dumped save. You'll find several files depending on how you used the game. MAKE A BACKUP OF THE SAVE FOLDER IN CASE YOU MESS UP. Drag the ChapterX you want to decrpyt onto the executable of Fire.Emblem.Save.Tool (FEST)

7LU4Tyo.png

4. Now with that decrypted save file (ChapterX_dec), you want to open it in a Hex editor of your choice (I recommend HxD)

5. Now I will show you how to find and edit each unit Chrom, Frederick, and Lissa:

Chrom: 06 81 00 00 is apparently the working value according to another user, so ignore the one in the screenshot
V3o6d8I.png

-Follow the Chrom picture above for Frederick, and Lissa.

Frederick: 00 0B 14 This is wrong, will correct later

Lissa: 0B 00 14 This is wrong, will correct later

6. Save your changes, drag the chapterX onto the executable of Fire.Emblem.Save.Tool (FEST) again. Now your edited save has been encrypted and is ready to restore

7. Restore the edited save from the directory using your save file extractor on your 3DS

8. Boot up Fates and see if it worked!

Note: I may or may not have seriously gotten the character IDs severely wrong. I only tested one save file. If you can find the character sections for Chrom, Frederick and Lissa my guide will easily point out the shield location you need to change. Remember always backup your save before making modifications like this. If someone of higher knowledge would like to point out a mistake I made, please do so! Any further questions for me regarding this guide should be sent via PM, that way we can discuss one on one easily. Big thanks to @RainThunder for the FEST tool, obviously @DeathChaos25 for making the DLC, and whoever created this extremely helpful resource: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Z7ddenFSURmw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1077677946.

Do you know if turning characters into non-shielded ones shadowbans you? I currently have a save with quite a lot of visits and would like to keep it that way.

Edit: Just tested this myself and it is working just fine. No shadowbans for changing these characters shields.

Last edited by Necrojinsei,

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Will this work via NASA on 10.7?
I don't think so, it's custom DLC so it needs sigpatches.

You should downgrade anyways, the positives for CFW far outweight the negatives (the only one i can think of as a negative is the extra space needed for an emuNAND), NTR CFW is also leaps and bounds better than HANS.

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so, it's custom DLC so it needs sigpatches.

You should downgrade anyways, the positives for CFW far outweight the negatives (the only one i can think of as a negative is the extra space needed for an emuNAND), NTR CFW is also leaps and bounds better than HANS.
I have a downgraded one, and it works fine, I just wanted to put it on my main system.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I have a downgraded one, and it works fine, I just wanted to put it on my main system.
Hmm, is there any savedata manager that works on HBL that allows you to mess around with the extdata?

Because the Assets are installed in extdata, if you could somehow extract the extdata from your cfw 3DS with assets installed and transfer it over to your HBL 3DS I could just provide an edited castle join file which would allow you to get them.

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, is there any savedata manager that works on HBL that allows you to mess around with the extdata?

Because the Assets are installed in extdata, if you could somehow extract the extdata from your cfw 3DS with assets installed and transfer it over to your HBL 3DS I could just provide an edited castle join file which would allow you to get them.
Yes there is. exdata_dump. I just don't know which exdata to transfer.

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
So is it just me, or does this make all the dlc related maps music less? Ive tried anna on the run and radiant and they have no music playing the entire time the battle starts

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
So is it just me, or does this make all the dlc related maps music less? Ive tried anna on the run and radiant and they have no music playing the entire time the battle starts
Yeah, I just noticed, it does seem to interrupt a lot of enemy music battles, I'll look into it and see if I can find out what's up.

Edit: Bug has been fixed, I guess now would be a good time to update the CIA and add Mikoto/Sumeragi/Garon, I'll make a separate thread for that.

Edit 2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fe-fates-usa-custom-playable-characters-dlc.422272/

Last edited by DeathChaos,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: