Hacking ROM Hack Fire Emblem Engage 60 FPS mod NO SPEEDUP

nerdpharo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, Ryujinx. Sorry, forgot to mention that. Did another skirmish but this time I disabled FSR by changing it back to Bilinear. Was fine and so far no crash. Not sure if there's a connection there, but so far so good.

keep it 1x on ryujinx the only thing that scales with it is the townhub , overworld and exploration map dosent seem to effect the models so no benefit and should stop all the crashing .

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Thank you very much, what overclock setting do you recommend?

Just played the game at 60 fps / 720p - with 4IFIR.

99% of the time will be 60 frames per second, at frequencies in 12XX/844/2400. The average power consumption in this mode will be about 5-6 watts on MARIKO, which is close to the stock power consumption of the portable mode.

Reactions: ceevee

StormySky16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a code for the speedup version? I prefer being able to zoom around everywhere tbh
Post automatically merged:

Is there a code for the speedup version? I prefer being able to zoom around everywhere tbh

MZA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
Guys, anyone having random crashes with the latest builds on Ryujinx ? Never had such issues with older builds, or is it my PC ??

Lehner82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Any idea how to make an 120fps patch for yuzu ? The devs said it even a 240 one should work because it's a unity game ?

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't each game on Ryujinx have its own mods directory?

This mod is for Fire Emblem Engage
TID: 0100a6301214e000
BID: 7D834B8753B78F01
Hi all!
This is a mod/cheat I made that runs Fire Emblem Engage at 60fps WITHOUT the annoying 2x speedup! No clue what kinda OC this would need to run on actual hardware, I only tested in emulator. Extract the extracttosdroot.zip file to the root of your SD to install on real hardware, on emulator just place the attached txt into your cheats/mods directory (read the guide to install mods/cheats for your emulator). I'm still working on a tutorial to help others make 60fps mods as well, hopefully I'll finish it soon!
(No clue if this is a ban risk, I wouldn’t use it online & I'm not responsible for anything that happens)
Much <3 to all, and happy gaming,
systemdev

QUICK EDIT: @DogeThis reached out to me and showed me a crash bug related to cutscenes with this mod, I just fixed it, download the new files now!

LESS QUICK EDIT V2: @DogeThis also found a bug where the "exploration" phase and the "home base" phase would still have movespeed doubled. Fixed, download files again. This should be the last bugfix update (hopefully)!

ANOTHER NOTE: This cheat MUST be enabled from game start, otherwise it won't work!

Also are you sure this still works? Because I placed it in the location you said to for Ryujinx and with Vsync on the fps never goes above 30.

Last edited by Natural,

Loli_Shogun

Trophies
XP
Country
France
is there a way to force 120/240FPS ? or i ask too much
anyway very good mod thank you !

Reactions: ceevee

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

It will require more patching as game was designed around 60 FPS being max.

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This mod is for Fire Emblem Engage
TID: 0100a6301214e000
BID: 7D834B8753B78F01
Hi all!
This is a mod/cheat I made that runs Fire Emblem Engage at 60fps WITHOUT the annoying 2x speedup! No clue what kinda OC this would need to run on actual hardware, I only tested in emulator. Extract the extracttosdroot.zip file to the root of your SD to install on real hardware, on emulator just place the attached txt into your cheats/mods directory (read the guide to install mods/cheats for your emulator). I'm still working on a tutorial to help others make 60fps mods as well, hopefully I'll finish it soon!
(No clue if this is a ban risk, I wouldn’t use it online & I'm not responsible for anything that happens)
Much <3 to all, and happy gaming,
systemdev

QUICK EDIT: @DogeThis reached out to me and showed me a crash bug related to cutscenes with this mod, I just fixed it, download the new files now!

LESS QUICK EDIT V2: @DogeThis also found a bug where the "exploration" phase and the "home base" phase would still have movespeed doubled. Fixed, download files again. This should be the last bugfix update (hopefully)!

ANOTHER NOTE: This cheat MUST be enabled from game start, otherwise it won't work!

It will require more patching as game was designed around 60 FPS being max.

Has anyone else experienced random crashes with the 2.0.0 patch?

Last edited by Natural,

ceevee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here you go!

To use this, copy this into your atmosphere folder along the same path.
Thanks. Works great in game update 2.0.0 on Switch v1. I OC'ed to 1785/921/1600 (I accept any risks). Game is mostly CPU bound if it drops below 60 FPS when forcing handheld mode while docked (using ReverseNX-RT). This is needed to force the game to 720p in order to get 60 FPS most of the time, otherwise it is too GPU bound even with OC, resulting in frequent drops below 60 FPS. I only play while docked.

Most drops below 60 fps are in Explore mode when there are a lot of characters on the screen. A few drops below 60 FPS in battle when transitioning from map overview to combat animations. Map overview seems totally stable at 60 FPS though.

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Works great in game update 2.0.0 on Switch v1. I OC'ed to 1785/921/1600 (I accept any risks). Game is mostly CPU bound if it drops below 60 FPS when forcing handheld mode while docked (using ReverseNX-RT). This is needed to force the game to 720p in order to get 60 FPS most of the time, otherwise it is too GPU bound even with OC, resulting in frequent drops below 60 FPS. I only play while docked.

Most drops below 60 fps are in Explore mode when there are a lot of characters on the screen. A few drops below 60 FPS in battle when transitioning from map overview to combat animations. Map overview seems totally stable at 60 FPS though.
When you say Explore mode do you mean when at the Somniel? I play on Ryujinx and got frequent fps drops when on a map and transitioning to battle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol