Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This mod is for Fire Emblem Engage
TID: 0100a6301214e000
BID: 7D834B8753B78F01
Hi all!
This is a mod/cheat I made that runs Fire Emblem Engage at 60fps WITHOUT the annoying 2x speedup! No clue what kinda OC this would need to run on actual hardware, I only tested in emulator. Extract the extracttosdroot.zip file to the root of your SD to install on real hardware, on emulator just place the attached txt into your cheats/mods directory (read the guide to install mods/cheats for your emulator). I'm still working on a tutorial to help others make 60fps mods as well, hopefully I'll finish it soon!
(No clue if this is a ban risk, I wouldn’t use it online & I'm not responsible for anything that happens)
Much <3 to all, and happy gaming,
systemdev

QUICK EDIT: @DogeThis reached out to me and showed me a crash bug related to cutscenes with this mod, I just fixed it, download the new files now!

LESS QUICK EDIT V2: @DogeThis also found a bug where the "exploration" phase and the "home base" phase would still have movespeed doubled. Fixed, download files again. This should be the last bugfix update (hopefully)!

ANOTHER NOTE: This cheat MUST be enabled from game start, otherwise it won't work!

Attachments

• 7D834B8753B78F01.txt
    250 bytes · Views: 50
  • extracttoroot.zip
    759 bytes · Views: 77
Last edited by systemdev,

Vaskie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't seem to get it to work on the base v1.0.0 game.

Is it only for a specific version of the game ?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I can't seem to get it to work on the base v1.0.0 game.

Is it only for a specific version of the game ?
I recommend to learn about BID.

7D834B8753B78F01 matches 1.2.0 patch

---

And I recommend when packing files to not include any MacOS stuff with it, they often break Atmosphere. @systemdev

Deimos123

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Hello, one question, which are the files to put on the micro sd? and is it for version 1.2.0?
Post automatically merged:

Hello, one question, which are the files to put on the micro sd? and is it for version 1.2.0?

because I already copied the files from that zip to my micro sd and it's still the same

systemdev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yep, this is made for version 1.2.0! Download the "7D" text file, and on the micro sd go to atmosphere/contents/, then create a folder named 0100a6301214e000, then create a folder in that folder named cheats, then place the text file in that folder.

Deimos123

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Yep, this is made for version 1.2.0! Download the "7D" text file, and on the micro sd go to atmosphere/contents/, then create a folder named 0100a6301214e000, then create a folder in that folder named cheats, then place the text file in that folder.
I already did it but still the same?

Tanzeel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the game by default works in 1080p on docked?
1677006292580.png

Yes

Reactions: Tanzeel

Sorue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somniel hub and post battle exploration movement speed are super slow, but cursor speed and other issues with 60fps seem to be fixed.

systemdev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somniel hub and post battle exploration movement speed are super slow, but cursor speed and other issues with 60fps seem to be fixed.
Hub and post battle exploration are tied to frame rate, you have to maintain a steady 60fps or your character will slow down.

MikePrime13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested the mod on Ryujinx and confirms that it works. However, I agree that the running/walking animations look awkward and super slow -- is it possible to crank the running/walking speed by 1.25-1.5 but keep everything else intact? I found a happy medium by frame limiting the game at 48 FPS -- it smooths out the animations without going turbo speed all over. If you can replicate this in the mod, that may actually be the easy fix. As long as the player does not zip around like the Flash all over the exploration map, we don't have to exactly map out the movement speed 1:1 from 30 FPS to 60 FPS.

Thanks for creating the mod, by the way, this is super awesome.

Tanzeel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested the mod on Ryujinx and confirms that it works. However, I agree that the running/walking animations look awkward and super slow -- is it possible to crank the running/walking speed by 1.25-1.5 but keep everything else intact? I found a happy medium by frame limiting the game at 48 FPS -- it smooths out the animations without going turbo speed all over. If you can replicate this in the mod, that may actually be the easy fix. As long as the player does not zip around like the Flash all over the exploration map, we don't have to exactly map out the movement speed 1:1 from 30 FPS to 60 FPS.

Thanks for creating the mod, by the way, this is super awesome.
just press rb or r1 and he will run which is perfect also i guess the walking speed is as it is intended its not slow coz of mod

MikePrime13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand there is a sprint button, and while functionally that works, the animation speed looks out of place/awkward because it looks like Alear is running in place or very slow relative to the running animation speed.

My theory is by speeding up the running speed by 1.5 with the mod running, you can simply reduce the 60 FPS fix effect on the running animation (which is by default from my understanding is tied to the 30 FPS speed). Additionally, the bump in speed may actually mitigate the requirement for perfect 60 FPS output (which not every hardware can support). If this can be done easily via the code, then why not try and see if it works? It could be an elegant solution for what otherwise looks like a promising mod.

systemdev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand there is a sprint button, and while functionally that works, the animation speed looks out of place/awkward because it looks like Alear is running in place or very slow relative to the running animation speed.

My theory is by speeding up the running speed by 1.5 with the mod running, you can simply reduce the 60 FPS fix effect on the running animation (which is by default from my understanding is tied to the 30 FPS speed). Additionally, the bump in speed may actually mitigate the requirement for perfect 60 FPS output (which not every hardware can support). If this can be done easily via the code, then why not try and see if it works? It could be an elegant solution for what otherwise looks like a promising mod.
That sounds like a really good idea, let me update that real quick and see what happens!

That sounds like a really good idea, let me update that real quick and see what happens!

Give this a shot, and let me know how it feels!

Attachments

• 7D834B8753B78F01.txt
    250 bytes · Views: 115
Last edited by systemdev,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya